?

?

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sit'n round.....do'n nuttin

When I woke up this morn'n my first thought was..."do I really wanna do this"? I was nice an' warm under a pile of covers and it was cold everywhere else. It didn't take too long to think about it. It's time to get up. I had to go and Sadie Mae was wait'n at the front door to go outside to do her business too. It was cold and dark out there and she didn't stay very long before she was knock'n on the door. I train my dogs to knock ya know. But Sadie has the tendency to just jump up and down on the steps, shak'n "da house" till I open the door. Within the next 15 minutes, a fresh pot of coffee was brew'n and the ol' Mr. Buddy heater was do'n it's thing to warm up "da house". Ain't life good? Even in the dead of winter? Fresh coffee and a warm house.

Today I am playing the wait'n game with Federal Express. They are scheduled, according to tracking, to deliver the 2 new headlights for "that jeep" some time today. I don't mind sit'n around all day wait'n 'cause sit'n round is one of my favorite things to do. But it's get'n late in the day. Where is the Federal Express truck? Be my luck of the evil spirits that I'll have to go to town (Corpus Christi) to pick them up. That's not home delivery now is it?

Other than a lazy day of sit'n around wait'n, I'm still recuperating from last Wednesdays game of golf with   OFM Barney. I swear, if this happens every time I "swak a ball", I'm gonna have to give up golf along with every other thing I had to give up in the last 5 years. There ain't much left. 

3 comments:

  1. Well BB that was a particularily rough round of golf that day. We pretty well covered the whole course and part of the adjacent park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it had been a while since you had last played, so it is not out of the ordinary that you would be a little sore.

    Just getting caught up on my blogs tonight. Hope your XX wife is doing better.

    ReplyDelete