?

?

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Rain rain.....go away

Ok, you think it rained yesterday morn'n? Well let me tell ya bout "RAIN".

It was right at 5:30am when I hear some rain drops on the roof. These ain't no little rain drops neither....we talk'n "RAIN" drops...bout a pound each. The wind was blow'n up a storm. My awning is strain'n to stay hooked up to "da house". Think'n somewheres bout 40 mile a hour or so. Ain't no way I'm ever gonna go back to sleep in this kind of a rain storm. Heads off towards the coffee pot. What the hell, water on the floor. Maybe close to a gallon or so. The roof vent in the kitchen is drip'n water.

Now, if'n ya happen to own a RV, you're aware that high winds will vibrate a roof vent an' the little crank thingy will loosen up. An' when the crank thingy loosen up, the vent will no longer seal an' you gonna have a leak. Simple as that. I mops up the water while my coffee is brew'n. I fix's up a cup an' go sit down an' watch the storm through the windshield an' the open door. No, I don't lock my door at night, I ain't no sissy. I leave it open...screen shut.

After bout 45 minutes, maybe a hour, the rain slows down. That's when the lightning starts up. I'm talk'n close lightning....one hit right out there in the yard.....scares hell out the old Billy Bob an' Sadie Mae is in my lap lickity split. Ha, she don't like loud BOOOOMS, not narry a bit. By 7:30, everthing is back to a normal spring shower an' life goes on. It's 62 degs an' my feet are cold.

I'm think'n we gonna hang "Billy Bob" up for a while. With all the aches an' pains, depression an' all the other stuff go'n on in my life, my mind refuses to participate in happy an' humorous subjects. My blog will continue as is, cry'n an' whin'n....grumpy an' grouchy. I'll just sit on my ass "do'n nuttin", look'n for something to gripe about. 

This happen to me one time before when I lived on the sailboat. People in the harbor see me walk'n down the dock to my boat an' don't see me again until the next morn'n walk'n down the dock to go to work. Week ends, nobody see me at all. I was a freak'n boat hermit. Don't talk to nobody. Don't sit in the cockpit view'n outstanding sunsets. Don't do nuttin. I got over that one, an' hope I get over this one really soon. This sucks ya know.




7 comments:

  1. OK Billy Bob, if you feel you gotta hang it up, then you gotta. But we don't mind hear you griping and grumpy - we'll still be here. Every dog has his day, and maybe this is yours ...
    We still love ya -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you say is interesting, at least to me. Keep the daily postings coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't say I was gonna quit posting on my blog. I'll post, but it may be more gripe'n an' whin'n....git'n all grouchy an' stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grumpy is certainly better than nothing, I think...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do what you have to do. It's not easy writing a blog every day when things aren't going right, or you don't feel good. But we need to hear from you anyway - you know, make sure you're still kicking and such. This is a neighborly community, and the community cares about you, and each of it's people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yo Daddy, It's me again. just to let you know Mother made it home safe and sound. Wished you hadda pull in with them, but I would be leaving soon anyway. But on the other hand you would be around family you could talk too ( your own age) It would do them and you good. You need to quit sitting around and get back to living again. Now it would be nice of you, if you would write back. Love you. PS. hope you didn't take this the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you in a funk, but will be getting out of it soon, warmer weather and sunshine will help. Fresh air and walking a couple miles (couple feet) a day good for ya too.
    Just keep writing an bitchin we here listening.

    ReplyDelete