?

?

Saturday, August 1, 2009

August???

Here it is come and gone another day, but a pretty good day it was.
First off, I had the best sleep last night I had in a while. Only had to get up one time for you know what. Then at 7am, I got one of the worstest leg cramps I ever seen. My left foot was done turned almost round to go'n the other way. Never had that happen before.

Sit on the porch for a couple hours this morning drink'n coffe, shoot'n poop with "pesky neighbor" Wayne and watch'n the hummers fight over the two feeders. Got us nine of them so far this year.

Went berserk with the porch mov'n stuff around and hos'n that sucker off. Got me another pile to go to the dumpster. It's amazing what a little elbow grease and initiative will produce. Whiles I was doing porch clean'n,
I decided that solar oven was wast'n energy just sit'n there......so's I made me a pie crust (first time). Finally got it in the pan and added a can of cherry pie filling. Then I read the directions......TWO cans....what I didn't have, but I DID have a can of apple....so's I baked and apple cherry pie. Wind and clouds made me fire up the oven inside to brown the crust. Gonna be test'n this sucker right after supper time.


Did I ever tell ya bout the time....back in '65 me and first wife made our first homemade biscuits. We had flour all over the place, and made a complete mess of the kitchen before we throwed them in the oven. By the time we got the bacon and eggs fried up, them biscuits was ready to eat. LOLOLOLOL....hahahhaha.....them biscuits was hard as a rock and bounced like one them "super" balls. We had lots of fun toss'n them against the wall and watch'n them bounce cross the room. Then they went in the trash. If you're reading this Mary, I hope you get a laugh.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry bout your biscuits.. Wasn't there a song called ricochet biscuit.Ricohet is a rebound, bounce or skip off a surface, particularly in the case of a projectile. DUCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad you are such a hoot! I love your blog...but you're crazy too! :) Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete