?

?

Monday, April 7, 2014

Cat puppy worries

Ok, we need to talk bout these blasted cats. Not just the ones somewheres up in the under compartment areas of "Sally da house", but ALL the cats that live at El Rancho Abraham. They are here for a meaningful purpose.

Yesterday I mentioned there was bout 15 cats. Well, I sit here look'n out the winder an' it's more like 8 or 10....plus the one mama cat an' her puppies up under "da house". So that clears that up.

Now the purpose of so many cats in one place is to keep down the rat an' mouse population. An' it works. You will find no snakes within the immediate area. A few raccoons on occasion, but the dogs skeer them off. 

As far as get'n a rescue group to attempt to "rescue" the mama an' her puppies, that's out of the question. In order for them to get to the cats, they would have to disassemble my house. Fuel tank, grey an' black water tanks would have to be removed to get to the only opening we can find that "mama" entered.....accord'n to Frank an' Joseph. Setting a cat trap under "da house" would only catch "mama", or one of the other 8 or 10 cats, an' leave her kittens to die.....somewheres up under "da house". In time, the cats will leave their present "low rent" housing in search "for greener grass on the other side the fence".

I did two things yesterday. Sadie Mae spent the entire day inside instead of outside sniff'n out them cats. I spent the day lay'n on the couch with my feet elevated. Well, three if'n ya count git'n up an' warsh'n dishes. Bed time last night, only one foot had swell'n. This morn'n, they both look normal. "Damn, I need a toenail clip'n".

Before I tell ya how beautiful it is outside this morn'n, let me tell ya....I like to froze slap to death last night. Ya see, as the weather warmed up in south Texas, I stowed my winter blanket. All I had on was a skinny little girlie blanket. Accord'n to my Walmart special temp thingy, it got down to 42 degs last night...was down to 51 when I finally went to bed last night. That folks is winter all over again.

Ok, today I am gonna attempt to do some "jeep" stuff. Move the "bubba boat" an' all my fish'n gear from the "that jeep" an' put it in the "billy jeep". Bet ya a dollar that the battery is dead in the "that jeep". Damn I hate "that jeep".

Ok, my mind just gave out. Nuttin more to write. Laters....

 

5 comments:

  1. I guess you are right to just leave the cat and kittens alone. The kittens should be about ready to start moving around, and I wonder if mama will soon lead them outside to see the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, call your local chinense restaurant . lol... cat chow-mein . why would your battery be dead on a new jeep, or maybe you're speaking of the old jeep? so you missed a great time yesterday at mom's. screaming kids, big kids (us) screaming, mom on her last nerve . but all-n-all it was nice that everybody was there. almost everybody . looky here, I saw and went to a web site called laserSpineInstitute.com , check it out. now don't be hard headed. okay love you, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An experienced cat trapper would be able to get the job done as soon as the kittens are mobile. Bonus for getting them all fixed - no "caterwalling" at all hours of the night. The altered cats stay and eat your mice and rats, or at least keep them off the property. No more cat puppies next spring when you come to visit. Worth some researching on the internet to see if you can get some help. It's usually free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple of ideas: One is run the ginny for 8 or 10 hours and see if that irritates her enough to move the kittens, if not, go to Home Depot buy up a couple of indoor insect fogger cans and put them under the motorhome and head off to Port A. She will move them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your puppies, but think soon they will be out and about.

    ReplyDelete