?

?

Thursday, July 31, 2014

I'm grouchy

Ok, so I'm grouchy this morn'n. I get that way when I hurt like hell an' don't get a absolutely wonderful restful sound sleep. Boy howdy, I don't want much do I?

Ya see, last night I dreamed I was all set up for surgery. The damn nurse was push'n this toothbrush look'n thingy down my throat. Said it was to roughen up my throat so the medications would stick. Then she start cram'n big ol' pills down there. I'm gag'n. The doctor says..."not his throat....his butt".
Damn I'm glad I waked up when I did.

You might think that's funny, but I thought bout that for a freak'n hour. Waked up think'n bout that. Then I got think'n bout the doctor. Then I got to think'n bout the wheelchair an' walkers. Then I got to think'n bout never walk'n again. All negative thoughts an' not one positive. Now ya see why I'm grouchy this morn'n.

Ha, ya think I didn't do nuttin yesterday? Well let me tell ya, I spend a good 3 hours back there in the bedroom go'n through stuff, throw'n stuff out an' put'n other stuff on the shelves. But I'm a long ways from finished.

Books, what do I do with my books? I tole ya before that I got bout 300 western paperback books. Probly read all of 'em an' some a second time. Now what the hell am I gonna do with them? If I save 'em, I got to find a place to stow 'em. If'n I give 'em away, I don't got nuttin to read no more. Decisions decisions.
"Ok Billy Bob, when was the last time ya readed a book"? Ahh, bout a year ago when I was boondock'n. Hmmmmm....when will I ever boondock again?

Seems my life is hang'n on to what the doctor gonna say next week (Tuesday). And what he can do for me to get rid of some this daily pains I got. If nuttin can be done, I'm screwed. I looked at them MRIs again. Now if'n I was a doctor, I would cut me open an' take them smashed disks out.

Oh nevermind. I got things to do. Laters.

Poor "yo mama" is all down an' out over her foot surgery tomorrow. I know how she feels. An' she all grumpy too. 


15 comments:

  1. GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Barney, does this mean you are grouchy this morn'n too???

      Delete
    2. Nope, no reason to be grouchy here. I woke up with a pain so that means I am still alive and kicking. Look out world TheOFM is on the prowl.

      Delete
  2. Well good luck with that operation and I am sure all will go well and you feel like almost new again.
    Them 300 books, you can do what we do, find a book exchange (that will take western books) and trade them in for a few books that you have not read. Then you lighten up the load maybe get 1 book for every 2 or three you take in depends on the dealer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read about others doing that too. When I'm sorting books I ask myself one question, will I read it again? If not, to the used bookstore it goes.

      Delete
    2. Well George, we don't know yet if'n I'm gonna have surgery or not. As far as feel'n "almost new" again, I think we both know that ain't gonna happen. I would settle for bout 50% relief.

      I don't do book exchanges. I would rather give 'em away than to spend half a day in a book store. I've read most the westerns that was wrote, so would probly never find some I didn't already read.

      Delete
    3. Judy, if'n I was to ask that same question, I would never throw none my books out. Shoot, who knows, I might be boondock'n somewheres an' need to read a book. Maybe I better keep 'em.

      Delete
    4. I say keep those 300 books. You have been carrying them around for how long and now you want to get rid of them? That does not seem right. They will be part of your estate when you pass on many years from now, might even be worth big money if they are old and rare.

      Now IF it were me I would be trading them at a book exchange. My library consists of 12 books. I read them and as soon as I can find someplace where I can trade that is what I do with those that I have read. But, that is ME and I will read anything it does not have to be a Western.

      Delete
  3. Donate the books to a VA hospital and get a Kindle reader app on your computer. There are tons of free books you can download to read. Use Bookbub and they have free books all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, if it suits Billy Bob. SIL got one of those readers for Christmas and is thrilled. Me; I love my REAL page turning, old library smelling books. Held a Kindle once and thought: I don't think so. They are/were expensive. I'm thinking there are ways to read books free online too. Gutenberg is one place but never have seen any Western, shoot 'em up titles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any Louis Lamour books? I would be happy to purchase them or what you could bear to part with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go ahead and be grouchy today. I'm on the same wave length and grouchy as hell too. Mine is due to the heat and a family issue, and yours is due to upcoming stuff you aren't sure about. I think it'll turn out ok in both our cases, but Lord help anyone who gets too close!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Normally I would say give away the books. But, if you have surgery you will have some down time for reading so you might want to wait until you know.

    I read electronic books. I get my free ones from ManyBooks.net. They have westerns--26 pages in their western genre index. Max Brand, Zane Grey, and many others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey B.B. you never answer me so now i am grouchy also. i asked you what ever happened to you porch and cool dog house you built out in demming new mexico ? and you never talk about your old pesky neighbor WAYNE ? how is wayne ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Porch owned by land owner. Wayne still above ground last heard.

      Delete