?

?

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Boring day

Nothing to write about today. Although it was a beautiful, overcast, windy, and moderately hot day.

My pesky neighbor Wayne brung me a skill saw today 'cause mine bit the dust. He also brung me a piece of plexiglass for my solar oven. Hmmmm....do ya think plexiglass will melt when the oven gets up to tamp.??? I know what I can do, if it melts, I'll replace it with real glass. But at least I have a project to start on.

Didn't do a thing today after a great round of golf other than change the license plates on the jeep. Didn't think I would ever sport a set of New Mexico plates, but the price was right. And no annual safety inspection like home State Texas.

3 comments:

  1. Good ole Google, try this link for the proprieties of Plexiglas.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrylic_glass

    looks like it is Melting point

    130–140 °C (265–285 °F)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Ben, I guess that settles that idea. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could save on the annual safety inspection sticker I too would sport New Mexico license plates. Plus I dont think they have emmissions testing there either right?

    Good luck with your solar oven...I cant even cook on a regular oven, lol!!

    ReplyDelete