?

?

Friday, June 19, 2009

Sleepless night

Boy howdy, did I have a hard night last night. Couldn't sleep worth a darn. Let me tell ya what happened.
About two hours after I made yesterdays entry in my exciting blog about my doomed little Bronco II, it were like a big yeller bird flew over and pooped on my head. But it weren't poop. My El Paso tour guide Louie IM'ed me to tell me about a '97' Jeep Cherokee Limited for sale. How bout that????
We talked for hours and he convinced me to at least take a look, so I started making plans for a trip to El Paso. Although I was as excited as a new dog puppy, I didn't let Louie or the seller know that. Played the old "hard to get" game. It worked. Got the price dropped to an acceptable level and even talked them into bringing the Jeep to Deming for my inspection. Even made them take pics and send to me. Even though I will probably buy it for agreed price, I will probably try for another $200 discount.
Will post all updates as the day goes by. In the mean time, I have to get ready for a round of golf. Yeah I know, all I think of is having fun.

3 comments:

  1. You going to need to put a tow bar on the front of it? Don't you tow? called a TOAD isn't it? Good looking vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Ben, you are absolutely right on all counts. It's a shame that the tow thingy off the Bronco won't fit the jeep. They are expensive. Right at $400 to $500.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a well maintained vehicle from the picture.

    You lucked out in having them bring it to Deming for your inspection. Specially with the way gasoline prices are lately.

    ReplyDelete