?

?

Saturday, November 14, 2009

A lazy saturday

Poor ol' Lug Nut don't be feel'n very good today. He had a rough night try'n to be comfortable. I was up check'n on him like every hour, so I didn't get much sleep either. Hate it when an animal gets hurt.

Boy howdy, I want ya lookie here, MsB is back. Welcome home little girl....we all miss ya when you're off gallivant'n round the country.

Made me a parts list for the gas line for my brand spank'n new high octane Mr Heater portable heater. Gonna be a lot simpler than I had expected. Only 10 feet from the propane tank and only one little compartment to go through....up through the floor and walla, I gots 26 gallons propane.

Been work'n inside today since it's windy outside. Ha ha ha, yeah work!!! Put'n a few groceries away ain't what ya call work. Wind just keeps right on blow'n and it gonna get worse. And it's chilly out there....what old Billy Bob don't like. If ya ever live in W.Va. ya know what I'm talk'n bout. Snow from late Nov till late March....now that some snow. And cold, let me tell ya bout cold. Boy howdy does it ever get cold in them mountains and hollers.

Maybe I need to make a pie. Sure could use something sweet for a change from all that burnt and bitter stuff I been eat'n. I did tell ya bout the gravy I made, right??? Burn the crap out it. Ya would think I were mak'n roux for gumbo. Speak'n of gumbo, did I ever tell ya bout the time I were mak'n a big ol' pot of chicken and sausage gumbo? All were go'n good till I forgot to stir the roux. Did ya know roux is called liquid fire??? Burn it slap up. Anyhows, instead of throw'n it out, I used it. Most God awful tast'n gumbo ya ever eat.

6 comments:

  1. Remember, ya gotta take out the little regulator inside the Mr. Buddy, or it will only work on LO and not HI.... when ya get to The Slsbs, give a big ole handshake/hug to GoofyMary N Rich, Seanny and Chili
    bob for me? They are all good buddies of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen you beat me to it. I was going to tell him that if you have the Big Buddy heater with the built-in regulator(the one you screw the little bottles into) then you have to hook your hose into the big propane tank before it's regulator. Or what I do is use a 20# tank with a short hose and set the tank in front of the drivers seat. I know "DANGER' 'DANGER'...But I only turn it on when I use it, and at night I turn the tank off at the valve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen....I have a hose with the quick connect....bypasses the regulator in the heater. Regulator is on the othere end of the hose. That regulator will be removed, using the "big" tank regulator in the MH.
    Will do all the handshakes and hugs for ya.

    River, I have a 20# tank, but ran the hose through the door (1/2" open) but the freak'n wind stretched the bungie and "da house" filled up with cold air defeat'n the purpose of the heater. Won't be do'n that no more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Lug Nut is feeling better. Don't let him go off without supervision, didn't he and Sadie Mae not take off on you while you were in Terlingua as well?

    Thank you for the welcome home, it kind of reminds me of Burning Man. BTW have you ever been there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you coming back to Terlingua to check out your land BB?

    ReplyDelete
  6. pie sounds good. Also your gonna need the heater at the Slabs. I just got back from this weekend at the slabs. Im now a member of the Oasis. they had a big todo at the range last night. a thing there were 200 bikers and a movie maker and lots of food and bands. The wind started kickin in around 4 am and I had to move it inside as it was blowin so hard and cold. I had a good time as usual.

    ReplyDelete