?

?

Monday, August 16, 2010

More golf???

Boy howdy, these boys, all they want to do is keep their daddy in Georgia.

Ya see, it's like this....bout 7:30 this morning, I was mak'n plans to depart at around 12 noon...you know, "git out of town by high noon". Robert calls, "I'm on my way to help you get ready". and then Ronny calls and says, "I'll be there in an hour". Then grandson Colby, with sleep buggers still in his eyes shows up. Ronny had to leave at noon to go do some work, or something like that. So....Robert says..."ya wanna go play some golf"? And of course you knows what the answer was.

Had a frustrating round of golf...son and grandson beat the pants plumb off'n me. First time...never gonna happen again. I'm gonna take golf ball swak'n lessons. Anyhows, we come back to "da house" and drunk up half my fresh brewed tea and jawed for a bit. You know...father and son stuff....git'n drunk, fish'n and wimmins. Then we attempted to put the slide out in. Just barely made it. Gonna have to get that damn thing fixed. Had Robert not been here I would have had to stay another week. Only thing I have left to do is the Hughes satellite dish, gray water hose, electric cable, turn this big sucker around, hook up "that jeep" and I'm out of here. Departure time around 12 noon to 1pm. That should put me 250 miles down the road to the Information Center in Mississippi...don't ya just love to spell out Mississippi...at about 7pm....or 6pm Mississippi time.

Now, if'n any of ya know a good camp'n spot along my journey headed west, now is the time to speak up. I have nothing better to do and all the time in the world. Speaking of which....what the hell do old folks think about? I can tell ya what this old fart thinks about.....not much. All the things I used to do, I can't do no more. And if'n you're like me, you kind of miss those things. Last night I had a dream that I was out prospecting for gold again. Don't know if'n I found any, but I was dig'n dirt, toss'n it in my gold machine and pan'n out the black sands. Boy howdy, wish I could still do that. But here's what I'm get'n at. All those things you miss now, you did while you was younger....you did it. Now ya got to find something you can do, with all your aches and pains, and quit whin'n bout what ya can't do. Makes sense to me!!!

Just in case some of you think old Billy Bob is dead....nope, not yet. Gonna give this world all the hell I can muster till that day comes.  Although....there are days I don't think I'm gonna make it. Just so much going on when ya get older that it seems like life don't have much more to offer. Ah....read above.Ya knows I had open heart a couple years ago....and my freak'n doctor says, "you didn't expect it to last forever did you". Well hell yes I do. $250,000 dollars for a temporary repair....what the hell??? Fix it right the first time and ya don't have to go back and get it done again. Then ya knows I have emphozima (sp..hell if I know how to spell it...ask Dizzy). Lately, I been hav'n bad headaches. Could this be because of my teeth that should have been pulled a year ago? Damn....it's hard get'n old.

Ok.....talked too much. See ya in the morning.

6 comments:

  1. For a quarter of a mill, they should have given you a couple extra hearts. What ya think?

    Yah, I know a good camping spot, it is called "Swamp Crest" or a good ole boys' fishing hole. Course there is no golfen here, but you are always welcome.

    Me spell????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw Billy Bob, you don't wantta camp at no place that has a swamp with dog eatin Alleygators. Your spot at the Barn estate is reserved and waiting for you.

    Have a good drive,, see ya when you get back home to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that your on the road again. Sounds like your heading over to see Ben, you may not get to visit with him much seeing how all of his time is taken up helping that new neighbor lady. m

    Take your time and enjoy your trip---OOO how is that Jeep towing now that you lowered it back to where it's suppose to be, and what kind of milage do you get towing it

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love, Love, LOVE to spell Mississippi!

    It goes like this, in my head, everytime I spell it ...

    em -
    eye -
    crook'ed letter -
    crook'ed letter -
    eye -
    crook'ed letter -
    crook'ed letter -
    eye -
    humpback -
    humpback -
    eye -

    Hello Billy Bob :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dizzy, I think the heart is fine....it's the piping I'm worried about. Old used galvanized water pipe.
    Swamp Crest....like that name. Maybe, just maybe.

    Ben, if'n I didn't knows better.....
    Hmmmmm.....I like that name...Barn Estate.

    Hi ya River....good to see ya. I knows all bout that there woman Ben entertain'n and bending over backards for. He ain't gonna share.
    Ain't had a chance to see how "that jeep" tows yet. I suppose the mileage will be the same as when it was raised up...bout 8.4mpg. That's a whole mile less than with the "little red bronco" in tow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MC....good to have ya with us. I read all your comments over there on that tffnguys (Dave) place. You cool!!!
    When I spell Mississippi, I don't think bout that hump back guy with the crooked sticks. I jist like to spell it....Mississippi....Yeah.
    I just can't see spelling a word like Mississippi with a couple letters.

    ReplyDelete