?

?

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Old one eye

Don't know what I gonna do today cause I'm still half asleep, coffee ain't done and only see with one eye.

Speak'n of one eye, Lug Nut got only one eye open this morning. Ya see,it's like this.....last week when I pull in Bens fenced yard, he says the dogs can run loose....not get in the highway and stuff like that. I told Ben..."if there's a hole, Lug Nut gonna find it...or make a new one". Well that what he did. He been run'n the streets for days....block'n traffic on the Interstate and stuff like that.

Yesterday afternoon Lug Nut took to the street, neighbors yards, a field of high grass with weeds five feet high and the woods. After a couple hours I says to Ben....."he's gone..coyotes gonna eat him". Ya see, this dog has done this before and every time he does I gets all upset that my dog is dead, lost or someone stole him. Well, bout 10:15pm here come Lug Nut....drag'n. Pieces of them weeds stuck to him, dirt clods and blood shot eyes. What happen to my dog??? Look like someone done spray that pepper stuff in his eyes.....poor little feller. Yes....I washed his eyes out.

Now I have a decision to make. Do I or don't I??? I've had a wonderful visit here at Uncle Bens place, but I can't stay here forever. Another week and he would have me cut'n grass and rak'n leaves. You should see the size of this yard and all the beautiful trees. It's been well worth the "stop off" to spend time with another "old fart". We didn't do much, but we enjoyed every minute of it....."do'n nuttin" ya know.

Will let ya know later if I'm gonna spend another day in Dallas or put "da house" on the road again.

5 comments:

  1. Really glad Ole Lug Nut came home, I was worried. Hope both of you get your eyes open and a worken OK. You will both need them when heading on down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned on Ben's blog that you better get that leak fixed. You don't want a "hot time in the old town tonight". What do you do with the refrig? Run the generator so it as AC power?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog you have! I'm going to tag along with you for a bit... hope ya don't mind much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should take him to the slabs with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Should I stay or should I go. If I stay there will be trouble, if I go it will be double."

    ReplyDelete