?

?

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Good may be bad

I get chewed out a lot ya know. That happens 'cause I know what I want, but what I want ain't always the best choice.

Let's take for instance this damn couch I wanted fixed. I wanted it "stiff" (very firm), an' stiff is what I got. But....."Houston, we have a problem". Ya see, I went up to a foam rubber sell'n place an' bought me some heavy duty high density 4 inches foam. We, Robert mostly with me sit'n back supervis'n, replaced the foam in that couch. Put it all back together an' I checked it off the "fix it" list. A test sit was performed an' it sitted good. But then....read on...

I went over there, sit down on my "fixed" couch, turn the TV on an' layed back. What the hell, I'm sink'n. I feel some pain in my back. I stand up an' take a look see. There's a damn hole where I was sit'n. The foam squished down (took 10 minutes or so) to bout 2 or 2 1/4 inches thick......right where my skinny ass was sit'n. I'm think'n it's either the wrong "kind" of foam or I'm not "politically correct" in the way I sit. I'm not very happy with the results. More on this after the next few days of "lay'n back".

Under the couch is where I store all my can goods. In them Walmart special plastic carry all thingys. Under the couch was a mess. Dirt, dust, sand, golf'n tees an' dead bugs....stuff like that. I get down on the floor an' vacuum all that stuff up. Wash the containers an' all the cans. Some date'n back to 2011. Well shoot, there ain't no holes in the cans, they should still be good. Anyhows, after bout 4 times get'n down, I couldn't get up. I need some help here......"Robert, come here quick, I cain't get up".

Don't....I repeat....don't eat Wolf Brand chili. Ya see, Robert set up my camp outside. Grill, camp table an' chairs. I'm gonna grill me up some hot dogs. I love hot dogs ya know. On two slices of bread I placed 3 perfectly grilled hot dogs. Covered them with half a can of Wolf Brand chile an' half a onion chopped up. Boy howdy did that ever taste good. Well kind of. My belly is full. But later, while sit'n in that hole in the couch, my stomach says to me...."what the hell did you just eat Billy Bob"?

On my back issue, I ain't been think'n too much bout it. But I have been read'n all the comments. You people are skeer'n hell out me talk'n bout get'n big ol' needles stuck in me. Ya see, when I was just a tot bout 5 year old, I went to a hospital for a rupture of some kind. Penicillin had just come out. Three nurses held me down an' injected that stuff in my butt every single day (whether I needed it or not) ....with a great big ol' dull rusty needle. Back then, a hospital stay was close to two weeks. My butt was some kind of sore when I finally went back to the farm. No, I don't like needles.

But back to what I was talk'n bout.....injections to kill the pain. Kill'n the pain don't fix the injury that is causing the pain. Leg cramps, backards leg cramps, numbness, calf muscles jump'n for no reason....tingles in my feet. Sciatica to the right leg an' scoliosis in my spine. Ya see, that's what I want fixed, not just hide the pain. But don't get me wrong. I'm skeered as much with surgery as I am with needles. Needles suck. But.....I have been knowed to change my mind on a few occasions. More on this after I get me some xrays an' a MRI....an' talk to a real doctor (orthopedic surgeon).

Speak'n bout MRI. I did some research to see if I can have a MRI with the baling wire in my chest. In 2007 they started using MRI compatible wire to close up your chest after open heart surgery. I may be good to go. 

Being Medicare is government sponsored, I am no longer contributing to the IRS an' I'm an old fart, will they limit what medical procedures can be done? I did tell ya bout my insurance company no longer covers Advair didn't I? They said it was too expensive for them to pay for. Without Advair, my breathing is greatly affected. I freak'n need it. It also improves my golf game.

I need to do something. I'm tired of sit' on my ass do'n nuttin. 

 



    

 

11 comments:

  1. Insurance companies are the biggest ripoff I know of. I take two prescription medicines that I need the brand name (no generics). I have tried the generics which are dangerous to my health. But the insurance co. still charges me $60 for one and $80 for the other (both 3 month supply), whereas generics can be up to a couple of dollars each. If I can't take the generics what good are they to me and the insurance co. should pay for what I need.

    I find that if I relax a whole lot the needles don't bother me as much. Also, I don't look where they are trying to insert the needle. You can do it - just relax and think about beating Barney in a golf ball swak'n contest, or catching a big old fish, or something good. It doesn't pay to think about it too much beforehand - you just get yourself worked up. You are Billy Bob, and you can do anything you set your mind to old boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Due to my extreme fear of needles, I will do anything to avoid them....relaxed or not.

      Delete
  2. I have a few difficulties that I have had to accept that I will never be able to get back to right again or even close. Left shoulder, eyesight, hearing, knees to name a few. You have seen how at times they really get in my way. Now I have to work on exercise for the shoulders and knees to SLOW the deterioration of ability. These days my body seems to be one big "find a way to work around the troubles" chore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Barney, I'm well aware of your ailments. I feel for you. By the time you reach my age, I hope you have everthing under control. Don't get like me.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have that 'memory foam'. I hate that crap; sides, it is harmful - Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Sissy, it ain't memory foam. The nice lady said it was high density foam.....what it is. I just don't understand the "hole" I was sit'n in.

      I spenet a couple three hours sit'n an' lay'n on the couch this afternoon. Just a test ya know. I'm think'n it may be Ok.

      I got memory foam on my bed. I love it.....no pain at all.

      Delete
  4. Penicillin is the most painful injection I have ever received. Everything else is a piece of cake once you've had penicillin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi billy bob , i agree 100% with what you told barney , do not wait 30 years like old BB to, for the first time in his life get all the painful elements fix . why suffer for 30 years in excruciating pain before deciding to get rid of all that pain ? well at least finally BB your on your way to a future with out pain .
    pls send pictures of your family , the great big crater hole in your new reworked couch , your campsite set up ect... i love pictures ya know ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. O good Lord, BB, my son was having those penicillon shots every day for ear, throat infections, and he took em like a man, at 2, 3,4 yeas old.. I told him yep, they hurt, but just for a second. I think that's why his immune system has been so bad, later in his life. a shot a day, for 4 days, each time.
    Heck, me?,,, i watch em do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BB how did you do all those shots in the Navy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chemo for breast cancer caused bone deterioration, hip replaced, no big deal, both knees extreme pain especially when doing steps where you bend. Twice a year I get shots in both knees for 5 weeks, then for 5 or 6 months I am able to walk pain-free even on the 17 steps to my apartment. Maybe having double pneumonia at age 9 and having penicillin shots twice a day for two weeks made me immune.. I watch him give the shots on the ultrasound, he numbs the area first, it has never hurt!

    ReplyDelete