?

?

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Dizzy an' cain't walk.....for a while

I'll attempt to write something today. I was in no condition yesterday to even push a key on the keyboard.

Ya see, it was like this.....I got a notice pop up in my screen what said I need to install some upgrades. So I went to look see what them upgrades was. Most were security upgrades, but there was a whole bunch of other stuff. I got to think'n....maybe that other stuff might fix my ailing computer. So's I decided I would give it a try. (As of this morn'n, my curser is do'n what its supposed to do...no jump'n all over the screen)

It was 9:20pm when I hit the upgrade button....shit started download'n. 870 some megs of shit. I'm watch'n TV an' punch'n keys on the computer while all that stuff downloads. It's now 11:30pm an' the sucker just now starts install'n all that stuff. I dose off in my office chair. Slouched over with my chin on my chest, I'm in LaLa land for the rest the night.

When I wake up the next morn'n, I see two computers sit'n on my desk. My eyes is crossed an' I'm dizzy like a sum-a-gun. Computer screen is black.....it had done went to sleep too. I bring it to life an' push a button to restart an' it start do'n it's thing. "Do not turn off computer"....stuff like that....for another almost a hour

I need coffee an' I got to pee really bad. I cain't stand up. I ain't got no feel'n in my feet. I'm wobbly as hell, but I make it to the Mr Coffee to brew me up 8 cups of extra strong coffee. I need it. Do my pee thing, warsh my teeths an' brush my hair....coffee is done. I ain't sleep'n in THAT chair no more. For the next two hours, I see two of everthing....but it's get'n better. I scramble up 3 great big eggs. By 12:30 I'm ready to go outside an' sit an' jaw with Robert, "Yo Mama", HIL Harry an' Chewey.

I start do'n things. Hobby related, I peel some the paint off'n the bottom of the stern wheeler boat. I was in hopes that the paint had just buckled up an' all I had to do was repaint it. Nope, the little wood strip planking is warped. I'm think'n from expansion an' contraction. Ain't no way water got in the hull 'cause it is water tight. Now I'm to the point where I may just put it on the shelf an' never put it in the water again. I bought an' spent a year build'n this boat for remote control, not to sit on a shelf for the rest it's life. Decisions decisions.

This morn'n I waked up at 9:15. What the hell, this ain't right for Georgia....I git up here somewheres between 7am an' 8am. This leads me to my new pills the good doctor ordered for my feet. Been tak'n 'em four days now. I'll try 'em a few more days an' see what happen.

Have ya ever make legs for a Weber Q??? The legs in Weber are a perfect height if'n you are a "stand up" griller. But the old Billy Bob ain't one of them. I sit beside my grill. But that means ever time I want to chek my stuff, I got to stand up. Shorter legs....yeah, that what I need. Google....there are no replacement legs to cut off an' I still want to keep the longer "stand up" legs. "Robert, go to Home Depot an' pick me up some 3/4 inches PVC conduit". Do ya know how to bend PVC pipe without screw'n it up? I do. Ya see, ya fire up the grill on low an' let the temp come up to bout 300 to 350 degs. Place the area ya want to bend in the grill. Make sure it ain't lay'n on the super hot grate. It will soften to a bendable state in bout 5 minutes. But ya gotta watch it so's it don't get too soft. Carefully do your bends an' let it cool. Ya may want to wear a pair of gloves.

 Walla, ya got a leg for a Weber Q120.

10 comments:

  1. Ole Billy Bob can fix anything, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When God was mak'n "fix it" people, I put in my application at a early age an' "holy cows" I was accepted. Fix'n stuff is one my favorite things to do....even if'n I got to break something just to fix it.

      Delete
  2. You are so very smart. I admire your abilities, Billy Bob.

    Heck, "what does a woman know?", so it's said. I know a lot but electronics, plumbing, welding, building skyscrapers and such - beyond my brain's capacity!

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya make me blush Sissy. Thanks for the compliment.
      I'm with ya on the electronics stuff. Throw it in a dumpster an' buy new.

      Delete
  3. Billy Bob can fix anything. I have me a folding aluminum table that is the perfect height for grilling and sitting down No Weber Q stand for mine.
    Ah you have a Q 120 I have the 100 no temperature gauge and a lower lid on mine maybe there is a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blush blush blush George.....thanks.
      I looked on Weber site an' there is no stands like mine. I'm think'n they only made it for the 120's. No wheels.
      That's the only two differences George....temp gauge an' lid height.

      Delete
  4. I was wondering, while cooking on your grill with the new PFC legs, would the grill get hot enough to soften the legs and make the grill tilt a little and possibly cause it to dump stuff on the ground while you are grilling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ya Jim. There are no high temps at the leg tops, so no, they won't soften. I checked that before I used the PVC pipe.

      Delete
  5. I got me a chair just like yours, ten dollahs from Dollah General, and it be a fine sweet seat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha....they also got 'em at Walmart too. $10 dollar an' I pay $15 every two years at Academy.

      Delete