?

?

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Memory card...where's the memory card?

Full story tomorrow.....

I have to say that yesterday turned out to be a good day.

The start of a good day was when "that jeep" cranked up with the Billy Bob "fix" to the starter. Normally I would leave it at that and go bout my business calling it a permanent fix. But as I age graciously, like a good wine, I tend to worry bout being stranded out in the desert with no food or water.

Canook Louie and I had a nice little visit look'n round the State Park before he headed off to Mexico.

The trip to Zapata to pick up my brand spank'n new refurbished lifetime guaranteed starter was also a success. Since they had lawn tractor batteries on sale for $19.95, I purchased one for the "bubba boat". Drove around look'n at the fish'n places, rv parks and boat ramps. Took a ton of pics. Then when I pushes the little button to review all them pics, there weren't none....only a little reminder that the memory card was still in the computer.
"Sheesh Billy Bob, you thinks you so damn smart".

Instead of go'n back to "da house" when I returned to the State Park, I drives down to the lake. What the hell, where I parked 2 days ago was under water. The lake is fill'n up.....only bout 24 more feet to go. I see a few little fishes jump'n out there so's I break out my fish pole....throw it out there....bout 30 feets short again. I slip into my waders and wades out up to bout my 3 feets of water. Make a few casts and Baaaabam....I catches me up a fish. Didn't have no problem reel'n it in 'cause of the size. No, it weren't that 14 pounds one. Bout 13 an' a half pounds short.  Then I got skeered...."what if "that jeep don't start". Ain't no way I gonna be chang'n no starter lay'n on the ground down by the lake after dark. So I heads back to "da house" and mark up the day as a success.....a good day.

Ok, I gots to head up to the park headquarters to extend my stay for another week. More excitement to follow!!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new starter and catching your first fish of the day. Now that the ice is broken, catch that 14 pound bass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a life? huh lololol. And you even SAID you caught a fish, hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BB, ya better get out on that water and catch up a big ol' feesh, and fast! Lookie here - http://tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/visitorcenters/tffc/sharelunker/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went after a 30 pound lingcod and caught a half pounder, that I had to release cuz I can't keep one that is under 24".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for you catching your first fish. I read your story. It has amazing posts and everything is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete