?

?

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Propane guy

Wow boy howdy, is it spring time already? Only got down to 49 degs last night what is a nice temp to go to bed by. Yesterday warmed up quite nicely somewheres up in the mid 70's. Sunshine come back out after the clouds went away. Made for a nice day to sit out in the yard sip'n up a cup.

Speak'n of sip'n up a cup.....I got a problem with my coffee. It don't taste like it did not long ago. Kind of on the nasty side. So what the hell go'n on??? I know I'm los'n my taste for things....everthing taste like chicken ya know. But dag nab it, I love my coffee. I drink Folgers 'cause all the other brands taste like a Columbian do-do bird been perch'n on the coffee bean plants down there. I'm think'n the Columbian do-do bird is directly related to the American pigeon....do-do all over everthing. But then I'm think'n I may have a water quality situation. Since I travel all over the place an' fill my water tank with unknowed water quality.....what ya think? On the other hand, "clean the coffee maker Billy Bob". I been gonna do that for some time now, but ain't got around to it yet 'cause of all the other things what eat up my time. Maybe today!!!!

I ain't got hardly a thing to ramble bout this morn'n other than the propane guy gonna be here in just a bit. I were lay'n there bout 6am, eyes wide open, think'n I hear his truck. So's I get up real quick like. Don't wanna miss the propane truck ya know. It were dark like night time out there. What the hell am I do'n up this early....damn, he ain't gonna be here till after 10am.

Now that remind me the time, get'n up too early ya know. Only one eye open, half a sleep. We was go'n on a fish'n trip. Had the old station wagon all load up with camp'n gear. Big ol' coller full of eats an' ice cold beer. We gonna go catch us up some stringer full of fish I betcha. We got camp all set up an' some the other fellers done down to the lake fish'n.....catch'n up fish right an' left. I looks all round camp, the station wagon....."where the hell my fish pole"? Yup, left that sucker an' all my fish'n gear sit'n up next to the garage.

I rekon I been a fisherman for long as I can remember. Used to catch up little fishes an' crawdads down at the creek what run through the farm. With nuttin but a stik, a piece of string with a hook on the end and a great big ol' worm....a piece of corn cob for a float. That the way ya fish back in the 40's ya know....right along the bank.....lay back up under a tree. By the time I were 20 year old, I done had me 3 or 4 boats. I were a big time fisherman.

Ok....hold on, don't go nowheres....propane man due to make his presence known. I be back....maybe.

5 comments:

  1. Clean the coffee pot Billy Bob and maybe rinse out and refill the fresh water tank. A water filter may help the coffee taste better. My wife has a couple of pitchers that have water filters built into them. And you are the fisherMAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well dad blame it Dizzy, I been mean'n to clean that coffee maker for the longest. In fact, I think I posted something long them lines this just this morn'n. If'n ya was remember'n, bout a month ago I spend over a hunnert dollar on a brand spank'n new water treatment system. Remember when I posted that one too??? I just ain't been us'n it like I supposed to do.

      Delete
  2. Please, please, through that damn coffee pot away and get a new one! Blah! I would follow Diz' advice and get you a filter pitcher at Wally's or somewhere. You don't know who's been poopin' and peein' in that stuff!
    I love Folger's, too. Clean pot and filtered water. Nothin' better! :-)

    Randall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well shoot Randall, this IS a new coffee pot. Bought it just a couple three year ago.....something like that. Bout the filter pitcher thingy, them things ain't no better than the filter system I got now. I jist need to use it....DUH!!!

      Delete
  3. You need to throw out that Folgers coffee and get a can of Maxwell House, believe me it will make a differance. I came home today and my Feb issue of Field and Stream was here so I grabbed a cup and set down, I like to just cruize thru it first and just see whats in it. well what do you know a 2 page artical on Falcon Lake with maps and even a list of 2 cafes in Zapata that claim to have the best chicken fried steak in Texas

    ReplyDelete