?

?

Friday, February 21, 2014

Another phone call.....nope, no plates

Ok, today ain't a good day for making a blog post. Everthing is screwed up.

Again today, I'll not mention aches an' pains....."Oh my God....Ohhhh myyyy Goddddd!!!!

The nice lady I talk to yesterday.....she never call me back. I should have figger so much. So's bout 2pm yesterday I calls again, get the guy I bought the Jeep from. He assured me he mailed the plates an' registration out Monday. Blah, blah, blah. After I hanged up, I got to think'n, wasn't Monday some kind of a holiday and the post offices were closed? I don't know if'n they was or not.

Anyhows, I'm now sit'n here wonder'n if I'll ever get my plates an' registration. And I don't know what to do if I don't. I mean, it ain't like I can take the sheriff to San Antonio and have the guy put in jail. What good would a lawyer do? And what if I contacted the DMV and they ain't received any paperwork for the title transfer? This shit sucks.

I wasn't able to do much yesterday. In fact, I didn't do nuttin. Well, I did sweep the floor an' take me a short nap. I am so down on this Jeep situation, I just don't want to do a thing....an' there's lots to do.

I haven't ordered the new circuit board for the battery control center yet. I'm just gonna put that one on being lazy. The last inspection on my alternator problems I found a loose connector. It make the solenoids go clickity click. I wiggle it to where I only get the clickity part, less the click, and I gonna do further investigat'n on the clickity part. Now ya got to remember, I have the same voltage at the battery as I do at the alternator. That tells me the alternator is charg'n the battery. But also remember, the dash gauge don't show the same voltage. Figger that one out.

Ha....back to that Jeep situation. I just talk to the guy. He says he mailed them to my post office. That's where I get my mail ya know. Says he gonna check his post office (????) an call me back. I don't understand what he will find out by check'n his post office, but I'll just go along with it an' see what happens. Maybe he gonna mail me my stuff now????

I sit here an' think an' think. Worry myself to death bout where I can go do some different camp'n. I ain't come up with nuttin. I read other travel blogs an' I get all jealous 'cause I ain't out there do'n the same. I cain't even get my mind to think bout it. I'm think'n I need some kind of help. 

11 comments:

  1. By now I'd be getting pretty damned steamed about the plates. You are handling it pretty well, like a real gentleman. Hope they find them for you today, or you will be waiting until next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ain't that I'm really "steamed". More like highly pissed off that I'm get'n the run around.
      Yes, I am a gentle man. I've been nice on the phone, but I can bet ya a dollar, I would like to....Oh wait, I cain't say that here.
      I purty much decided to wait till next week anyhows. Then I gonna go git me a sheriff, contact my lawyer an' go see the DMV people.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the plates,,,and yeah, Monday was a holiday. Not sure what tho. lol.
    Load up and go eat some of that Mexican food,,, that'll cheer you up,,loloolol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have to mention Mexican food. Dang it, I just finish me a ham an' cheese sammich.

      Delete
  3. Too bad you have to wait for the plates. Back home we own our plates and just take them from vehicle to next, sales person do that on the spot or we can go to the DMV and transfer right away.
    Hope you get them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'n not so much the wait'n on the plates. It's the hassle I'm go'n through after the guy said he mailed them....on a holiday.

      Delete
  4. The voltage drop can only be caused by resistance some place between the battery and the gauge. I assume that the gauge has a lower reading. If it is a higher reading, check the voltage with VOM meter just before the gauge. If it is correct, put in a new gauge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya don't rekon there could be something wrong with the circuit board do ya? The circuit board has nothing to do with resistance.
      Reading the voltage at the gauge means I got to pull the dash board. I ain't ready to do that just yet.

      Delete
  5. My guess is that "when he put them in the mail Monday", that means he put them in the mail "out box" at the dealership for when the mailman comes by...which would be on Tuesday. Hope you get them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me an' you is think'n long the same lines Dave. I'm kind of think'n he never put them in any box at all.....an' might do it today.

      Delete
  6. At least it is only your license plates that are missing. If memory serves me right I recall another blogger "Shoeless Joe" who had to wait for quite a while on getting his car delivered even after he had paid for it and got the run around for days even after showing up at the agency.

    Hope your plates arrive soon but I can understand what a hassle that can be. There is a reason why used car salesmen have the well earned reputation that they do.

    ReplyDelete