?

?

Friday, February 28, 2014

Silly questions, nuttin fixed

I sit there on the couch last night dur'n my "think'n" time before I went off to bed. I was try'n to find a good subject for today's post. Don't talk bout pain an' get'n old. Although, pain an' get'n old, has brought some interest to my posts. I rekon that's something we all have to deal with. Well anyhows, I didn't come up with nuttin to write about.

Now I will tell ya bout get'n on a kind of technical RV fix'n group to see if other RV'ers have ever had the same problem I'm hav'n with a dashboard gauge show'n the wrong voltage. MY god, one of the questions I received was how much air pressure do I carry in my tires. Then I had bout 4 people try'n to fix my perfectly good alternator. Another asked if'n my toad was a 4 wheel drive.

Well, their questions weren't really that bad, but they completely went around my question...."why does my dash gauge show the wrong voltage"?  Do not attempt to answer my question if you do not have a battery control center. I'm think'n I have no other alternative than to go buy me a circuit board, install it an' hope for the best. I hate do'n that.

Speak'n of auto repair an' stuff like that. I had bought a brand spank'n new 1969 Ford Econoline Van. After bout a month or so, it started missing....got a loss of power. I takes it to the dealership for repairs. After bout 3 days I get it back. They had replaced the carburetor, reset the timing, put in a new fuel pump....that kind of stuff. I pulls out of the Ford repair facility, step on the gas an' it's still do'n the same thing. Now I'm pissed. I get under the hood, look around...and put a spark plug wire back on the spark plug. Sucker run like a brand spank'n new Ford Econoline van.

Ok, yesterday I did exactly what I said I was gonna do. I went outside, grab me up a camp chair an' go sit in front that "billy jeep". Put that plug thingy on the end them wires an' install a black flexible protector thingy over it (the wires and connecters). Installed both Texas license plates. I'm good to go.  
Now we get'n close to the "go" part. Where in the hell am I gonna go? All that sit'n over there on the couch think'n bout my situation an' what I'm gonna do, I got nuttin. Although....Falcon lake an' Del Rio are still top of my two item list.

10 comments:

  1. At least you are making some progress. Decisions, decisions....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't you kinda work your way there? Make stops along the way? Watch out for Lake Conroe, tho, don't need that flesh eating bacteria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble, that's kind of sorta what I have been think'n.....just go here an' there, nowhere in particular. Problem is, somebody broke in "da house" an' stole my desire.

      Delete
    2. Well heck! I'll help you look. Inks Lake gonna be beautiful in a month or so,,, gonna have those wild flowers out the gazoooo. And aren't there a couple of places between here and there, that would be good? With everything ready, just stop when you wanna. Heck, bring that goat with ya hahahahahah

      Delete
  3. Don't forget to check the doohicky that connects the thing-of-a-jig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound exactly like them guys I been fool'n with for the last two days. I would hate to put you in the same category I put them in.

      Delete
  4. Have you pulled a battery cable off after the engine is running and see what the gauge reads for voltage? Replacing parts has never been part of my diagnostics methods. A coworker asks me what I thought was wrong with his car, garage wanted to replace the tranny, front wheel drive Eldorado, A few questions later I asked him if he had done any work recently on the drive wheels, replaced cv joint was the answer, I told him to check the axle attaching bolts. Next day he drives his car to work, cost him six dollars for new bolts to attach the axle to the tranny.
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish someone would diagnose my camping van. They want to replace my transmission but I really do not think that is the problem.

      If I knew how I too would replace the axle attaching bolts :-(

      Delete
  5. Hmmm we found Del Rio to be a nice dusty desert town with a walmart.... and the campgrounds around the water of the reservoir are reasonable and pretty!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a vehicle is exciting. You can travel wherever and whenever you want, and just feel free from your busy life. Sadly, it also has some downsides. And it’s too bad that you encountered two problems last year. That must’ve been stressful for you. But I hope you found someone reliable to do the fix for you soon after. Safe travels!

    Byron Walters @ Bob Dunn Subaru

    ReplyDelete