?

?

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Who needs details????

Ok, here's an attempt to describe yesterdays happen'ns. I could sit here for the next two hours describ'n yesterday in every little detail, but I've recently found that to be just "too much".

So....
yesterday I changed over the insurance on the "billy jeep".
I drove to Walmart and I now have my penicillin antibotics.
At my mail pick up place in Port Aransas, I picked up my license plates.
I picked up my debit/credit card....yet to be activated.
A stop at the auto parts, I picked up the brake shoes and a trailer plug.

Now I sit here an' look at what I just wrote an' what do I have to say? "What the hell, that's not a Billy Bob blog post".

DETAILS....right here.
After I finished writ'n yesterdays blog post, I pick up my phone an' dials up Gieco. I get the typical automated stuff...press 1, 2, 3, 4 an' 5. A nice lady answers....a real person. Now this never happens when I call my other insurance people, GMAC for "Sally da house" coverage. She talk'n a hunnert mile a hour....I cain't understand a word she say'n. I says..."wait, ya gotta talk slower or hook me up with a southerner". She gets my account on her computer an' proceeds to ask questions....slowly, but mostly in a northern "yankee" dialect.....what take me some time to figger out. Even congregates me on get'n a newer Jeep. She changes my coverages. Nice lady. Then I tell her I need to change address for my insurance. That don't take long neither. Less than 20 minutes, maybe 30....I'm good to go. She sends the proof of insurance thingy to me by email. I print it out an' put in my wallet.

Me an' Sadie Mae jump into the now legal "billy jeep" an' head for Aransas Pass. Walmart ya know. I goes up to the nice lady at the pharmacy an' drop off my prescription. She asks if'n I want to wait...no more than 15 minutes, for my meds. I decline say'n I would pick them up in bout two hours on my way back. All is good.
Oh wait. I lost the "billy jeep" in the park'n lot. It don't have those brake lights an' spare tire sit'n on top like the "that jeep"....so I couldn't find it. It's solid white, so I look at white cars. "Oh, there it are". Something gonna have to be done so this don't happen no more.

Nuttin special bout pick'n up my mail. Only the foggy ride across the ship channel on a ferry boat blow'n it's horn. Pics come out terrible, so's I delete them. We ride around the island for a bit. Just look'n at stuff ya know. A few more attempts at photos an' "dead battery". No, we didn't go to the beach.

Back in Aransas pass, I goes back to pick up my meds. I get in line an' wait bout 15 minutes or so. The nice girl....I won't call her lady 'cause she was a long ways from be'n a lady, she says they not ready, I can check back in bout a hour or so. Ok, the old Billy Bob don't get pissed very often, but this is one occasion I did an' I let that girl know it. Here come the pharmacist...."what's the problem"? Now I got to explain what the nice lady tole me over two hours ago....they will be ready in 15 minutes. I'm instructed to go take a seat an' they will be right out. That was another 15 minutes.

From there, Walmart, we head back to Churches Chicken an' buy up a 9 piece box of dark meat an' some jalapenos. Eat two pieces in the park'n lot along with a couple jalapenos. Dentist said to eat soft food, but this was as close as I could come at Churches. I'm good to go. No problems with the still open wounds......what still have had no pains. 

Back in Sinton, I almost forget to pick up my brakes shoes they had ordered for me. I'm go'n close to a hunnert mile a hour (40), I slams on the brakes an' turn in...Sadie Mae falls to the floorboard....my coffee cup turns over on the floor. My order is sit'n on the counter. That when I remember the plug thingy I need. And some that plastic stuff to go over the wiring. Now all I got to do is wait on nephew Joseph.

So....there you have it...yesterday in detail. Oh....did I mention a great nap on the couch? 
  

18 comments:

  1. Beats the rain and cold out here in the desert. Fishing don't look too promising today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mention the weather here today. It was 69 degs when I finally went to bed. By 5am it was freez'n cold in "da house". It's up to 49 right now. And we have rain.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had yourself a busy productive day. Bet its nice to had billy jeep al legal now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually George, it was a super successful day. Got all that crap off'n my mind....an' that means a lot.

      Delete
  3. Gee, BB, I sure do like the "detailed" version a whole lot better than the concise one! We can't feel too sorry for Barney, what with all those fish he's been catching, can we? It's cold here in North Texas, too. Our dogs won't get a walk today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what to do for dogs that won't get a walk. Let 'em out an' run.

      It's much fun'er to write detailed descriptions. I have a whole cabinet full of spices to add ya know.

      I would like to be over there with Barney catch'n all them fish, but it's gonna be a while yet.

      Delete
  4. Maybe too much details and I'm confused. Why is the Jeep not on the same policy with GMAC? Losing multi vehicle discount that way.
    All my vehicles are covered by GMAC and have been since 1992.
    Well, not too much entail but information that raises questions.
    Loosing BJ in parking lot, a smart phone will keep track of it and lead you right back. Spare tire on the roof will work if you're in sight of it and nobody else uses that technology.
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mickey....I used to insure everthing through GMAC. But they went up so high on my Jeeps, I had to change companies. I save bout $300 a year this way, even though the "da house" insurance went up after I took the Jeep off. (Jeep at GMAC was $435 (?) per 6 months....with Geico $140 something ever 6 months)

      Delete
  5. No pain, a nap, the mail showed up & some jalapenos. It doesn't get better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to laugh about talking to a Yankee,,, i can get really POed,,, trying to figure out what they're saying. AND, i get really downright MAD, when someone won't let me finish what i'm saying... I just stop talking, then ask them,, "you gonna listen now?" That happens here too.
    Heard someone fishing in Lake Conroe got that flesh eating bacteria and died. Had been airlifted to Houston, but didnt make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alway tell them that you will wait even if you don't plan on it because you will be put in the later pile behind the people that said they will wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I figgered out. "Yes I'll wait" will be my answer from now on.

      Delete
  8. "She talk'n a hunnert mile a hour....I cain't understand a word she say'n. I says..."wait, ya gotta talk slower or hook me up with a southerner".

    I have been laughing like crazy upon reading the above...I mean my belly hurts, lol. May have to borrow your line :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always say "I only hear Southern", so that gets a laugh, relieves some tension on both sides, then we can get on with business at hand.
    I picked up some RXs for hubby yesterday at Walgreens, boy, I hate that place. Don't have the extras I thought I'd pick up, then let everybody else who can't read the "Wait behind the red line" sign get in front of me. Finaly when I was called to the counter I asked "are you sure it's my turn?". I'm not usually like that, but got to me yesterday.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I deal with a pharmacy right down the street, and they now kinda "know" me, if you know what I mean?
    If you say "15 minutes", it best be 15 minutes, or you can deliver it to the house.
    Mebbe you should have just said after the first "15 minutes", that you'd wait, and then come back in two hours. Two can play that "not gonna do what I say I'm gonna do" routine.
    Now, in their defence (and this has taken a few years) we can now call a number on the prescription bottle, and they'll have it ready for pick-up the next day after five. Pretty nifty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh geez, I just noticed someone else gave the "just say you'll wait" suggesting above. Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Going to the Wallymart pharmacy is like walking into a black hole, you might get outta there in your own life time, might not.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you act like a Yankee who has had to deal with 13' of snow, you find a doodad to put on the end of your antenna. SWMBO was sporting one of them red "Angry Birds" on her car last time we lived a winter in the frozen North. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete