?

?

Monday, February 17, 2014

It's fun being me

Well, maybe not always fun. Ya see, I'm kind of at a "stuck" point in my life, but I try to create a little fun in it. In my writing, not my actions. I'm not alone in how I feel, or what is broke down, but I sit down an' write about it. It helps me feel better than to let it bottle up inside me.

So....I puts on my shoes, grabs that package of brake light kit an' go out the door. Rare'n to install that wiring kit an' get it checked off'n my list. When I makes me a "fix this" list, it contains things what got to be fixed before I can "go down the road a piece". An' I sure am want'n to go down the road a piece.

I pulls the "billy jeep" up on a ramp, left front tire. I now have enough room to crawl up under there an' route that brake wire from the front to the back tail lights. I strings that wire down through a little hole what comes out right where I want it. Routs it in front of the radiator, into the engine compartment an' then back down under an' along the frame. Up over the rear axle an' up through a hole into the brake light. HOLE????? Where is the hole?

I read the installation directions. I get on the internet. I can't find no hole. Nor can I find a place to drill a hole. I'm lay'n on the ground. Goat an' burro poop all over the place. I looks up in a dark area under where the wire needs to go....an' what do I see? Sunshine. There's a opening from the top. I stick a piece of bailing wire in that sunshine an' pushes it up. A couple minutes get off the ground, right next to the brake light I see a piece of bailing wire. I hooks that brake wire to the lower end of that baling wire. I pulls it through. I'm ready to wire up the lights.

By this time, a couple hours have passed. It takes me a while to get off'n the ground ya know, an' I got to take me some breaks along the way. I drill holes for the bulb sockets in the tail light assemblies, connect all the wires an' reinstall 'em. Back underneath, I wire tie the wiring to some rigid tubing. Attempt get'n off'n the ground another 4 or 5 times an' I take me a couple more much needed breaks. Job is completed. Well, almost. There is still a plug thingy to put on the forward end so's I can plug it into "Sally da house". I don't have one.

I makes my way to the couch. Sit down an' figger out why I hurt all over an' why I am so weak. I'm sick....maybe gotta puke. I cain't do this kind of shit no more.

Where the hell is all the photos? Ahhh!!!! I forgot. 

That was my exciting yesterday. Today I have nothing planned. It has to be better. But more than likely, I'll think of something to do. Alternator???? I don't think so. 

An attempt to publish will be made at this time.

13 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to try a to-do list,,, maybe i can get something done. I just say,, i can do it tomorrow and let it go. I do have a list i need to get at our Alco, (mini mini walmart) today. On mondays it's senior day, and we get a 10% discount on everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a time I didn't need a "to do" list. Now days when I think of "I can do it tomorrow", tomorrow never comes an' anything I was talk'n bout do'n yesterday is forgotten.

      Delete
  2. BB
    It does get better at least I hope so.
    I get so angry at myself because I can't do the things I used to do.
    Sometime being angry gives me the get and go that I need .
    Hope you feel better .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a problem with anger an' do'n stuff. I usually hurt myself an' that only makes me more angry. I have yet got accustomed to realizing "I cain't do that no more".
      Today I do feel better than yesterday. Thanks for caring.

      Delete
  3. Good job with wiring up those lights, just knew you cloud do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I could do it also. It's just that I shouldn't have done it. Hurted all over.

      Delete
  4. Probably most everyone reading your blog can relate to not being able to get up off the ground. If they are too young to relate, they'll be old soon enough! You got the job done anyway, so chalk one up for the Billy Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, mostly old folks read our blogs. The younger kids are all on Facebook an' don't care bout us oldsters.

      Delete
  5. You do know that at our age when you are laying on your back under a vehicle we are allowed to take a quick nap. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Dizzy.....not everbody takes a nap up under a car. I knowed a guy what went to the auto repair to pick up his car. The mechanic was sound asleep under it. So the guy kick him square in the nuts. Moral of the story....don't sleep under cars.

      Delete
    2. BB
      Don't fall asleep under the jeep you might wake up naked . The Goat might eat all your clothes
      right off you skinny body and the Burro might have some thoughts of his own as to why your are sleeping in his poop. Be afraid! very afraid.! Who knows what lurks in the Minds and Hearts of Semi-Wild critters.

      Delete
  6. Boy howdy, just you wait till I tell ya bout go'n to the dentist. That little assistant was one cute little boogger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Billie..I'm gonna abandon Blogger..have you researched any other formats for blogging?? Havin' the same problems as you and I'm fed up..Rolling Earthquake shall ride again (soon I hope) you can e mail me at cmhl09@passportamerica.com

    ReplyDelete