?

?

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Good grief Charlie Brown...

"Good grief" is bout the only words I can think of to describe this morn'ns weather. Ya see, I got up at 4am. There's a couple reason I got up at 4am. The first being, I had to pee....really bad. Second reason was, I weren't sleepy no more 'cause I went to bed at 9pm last night. And the the third reason was just in case Brian come by at 6am with his brand spank'n new bass fish'n boat. I would have me some coffee all brewed up and be ready to go catch me up some fish.....that was the idea anyhows. But I failed to observe the weather forecast for the weekend.....winds 20mph gust'n to a hunnert. There goes that 14 pounds bass I were gonna catch.

This bit of news may not be of interest to some ya, but yesterday there was a "shoot out" between the Border Patrol and drug smugglers shoot'n bullets cross the Rio Grande river at each other. Apparently no one was hurt in the shoot'n. But the reason I mention this is that this occurred less than 15 mile from "da house"....little town called Roma, Texas. Now old Billy Bob ain't skeered or nuttin like that, if'n that what ya think'n. I been shot at before by an old prospector out in California when we sneaked up on his camp. Crazy old coot!!!

Yesterday afternoon I were sit'n out there sip'n a cup an' enjoy'n a beautiful day. Up walks a total stranger. Guitar slung cross his back an' a glass full of "Jack"....or something like that in his hand. Stumble round a bit before he plop down in a chair an' commence to tell me he were the best musician in south Texas. After he plunk them strings and bellered out "On the road again", I had my doubts bout his musical abilities. Didn't sound nuttin like Willie Nelson, or in fact, anybody I know. After this brief encounter with the bestest musician in south Texas, I have decided I would be locking my door any time I leave camp....just so in case he falls down the steps tot'n my stuff out, he don't get hurt.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like the fellow that goes to the state park to sing for pennies. He was an interesting fellow sort of. I chose to stay clear of him after the first meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you yesterday, so about the 2 posts, i use chrome and it doesn't do that, sooo,,,wth is going on? I edit too.
    Good to see you got a fishing buddy,,,hehehehe.
    Sadie musta seen the uh,,singer,,,coming and hid? Follow her lead,,,lololol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, now you have given me an idea on how to pick up some extra change when traveling. Of course my singing and picking would probably get me thrown out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even back in my college days Roma, Texas was a well known drug smugglers paradise perhaps because it was a very small town.

    My college roommate grew up in La Grulla another small town and said the corruption was far and wide on both sides of the border.

    ReplyDelete