?

?

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Is later better than never?

Now that's a question I ain't even gonna try to answer. Or am I????

I'm gonna rekon that wait'n for someone to make a blog post every morn'n is like wait'n for the mailman with your Government check......where the hell is the mailman? When I waked up this morn'n I was gonna make a post bout all kind of nonsense. Rattle some your brains. But I got all tied up in read'n others blogs and the news, an' stuff like that, that I plumb didn't have any more time. So here I are late in the afternoon in an attempt to astonish my followers with what ever comes to mind. Lately that ain't been much. But that don't mean I ain't been think'n bout stuff....ya know.

Ha.....ya didn't think the old Billy Bob had it in him no more did ya? Well let me tell ya, I can still swak a freak'n golf ball close to a mile. Well maybe not quite that far, but it go way down the road a piece. Took Robert and my reckless grandson Tim to the golf ball swak'n place this afternoon. I were think'n I weren't gonna have a good day cause of my last round with OFM Barney bout 8 moth ago. But let me tell ya, I had a great day of golf ball swak'n. On the front nine, I struck a disgraceful 49, what give me the indication I were gonna have me a terrible round of golf. But on the back nine, I done make me some changes in my strategy, tactics and mind functions. Hit a very decent 40 for a grand total of 89 wonderful strokes. Struck me up a birdie on the last hole, 159 yds par 3, us'n my trusty 5 wood set to stop at 156.5 yds and my automatic "in da hole" putter. Damn....that were fun.

Last night we went out to eat at some dive Kenny Rogers invested some his money in. Well, let me tell ya, if'n you're ever in Douglasville, Ga. an' you see Kenny's Buffet.....don't eat there....I mean it. It were terrible. The fried maters was all greasy. The fried chicken was dry like cardboard. My salad consisted of nuttin but wilted an' wring'n wet lettuce and the worstest ranch dress'n ya ever tasted. Where the damn maters, bell peppers, mushrooms, radishes and stuff like that? An' all ya get to eat with is a cheap fork....no knife, no spoon...an' one chintzy napkin for all that grease??? Don't go there....I mean it.

Ok....gotta go. Robert done conned me into cook'n supper. Hamburger steak, burned onions, boiled taters, corn and brown gravy....along with a generous portion of fresh home growed mater slices. Yum boy howdy. 


11 comments:

  1. Can I stop by for dinner? Oh, and congratulations on your golf game. You must still have some of the old magic, even if you don't always feel like you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah shucks Gypsy, I knowed I didn't lose it.
      You can stop by any time ya want for a Billy Bob prepared meal. And yes, it turned out almost perfect.

      Delete
  2. Knew you had some fun left in ya...after you didn't die from that meal...
    Now,,the one you cooked might be bad too,,,from over eating,,lololol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have fun on my mind...just don't practice it very much anymores.
      LOL.....if'n you only knew what that meal from Kenny's did to me.

      You right bout eat'n too much. Damn it were good.

      Delete
  3. Didn't you know eat'n out is hazardous to your health in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the OFM needs to get busy practicing that there golf stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't imagine a better supper, unless you had some peach cobbler to wash it down with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds pretty good to me...the home cooked one, not Kenny's!

    Just one more reason I don't eat out anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need ice cream to go on top of the peach cobbler.

    ReplyDelete