?

?

Sunday, February 1, 2015

It's wider......yee ha!!!

And now for the most important question of the day....did I or did I not??? If you bet a bunch of $$$$ on "he did", you are a rich man/woman this morn'n.

It all started yesterday, even before I had posted the blog. I breaked out all the calculation tools an' tak'n stuff apart. Measure stuff, decipher "how to increase the width of a motorhome 1/2 inches." Instead of cut's the end caps in half, 1/4 inch was added on each side, trimmed an' sanded for a total width of 4.6 inches. What equals 8.05 feet on the 1:21 scale. Opps, in 1989, motorhome were not 8 feet wide. Close, but nobody gonna ever know the difference.

Then came the hard part, increasing the width of the frame so's the wheels would be positioned at the correct width. Right down the middle that frame I cut with my trusty Dremel tool. Rear end, front axle, motor removed....everthing cut in half. I ain't go'n in to details 'cause I would have to write a bunch of choice cuss'n words....an' I don't do that. But anyways, the frame has been glued to the new floor. Oh Oh...the back end of Alice sits a tad too low by 1/16th of a inch....or so. Now there's a Billy Bob trick to fix'n that, but I ain't gonna tell ya until it's done. It's called "modification" on a project like this. In the real world, they would replace the rear springs.

 See what I'm talk'n bout....it's wider.

Ok, we close to back where we was before the decision to widen Alice was made. Everthing scales out pretty dad gum close to the actual measurements of the real Alice. I can live with this.

There has definitely got to be something wrong. Or I suppose there is. Under normal conditions, people get sleepy an' they go to bed. It was 11:30 last night before I headed off to bed. No I weren't sleepy. During the day, I tryed to nap in "that chair". Ha to that idea. I must have acquired me a "sleep'n disease" or something like that. On a good night, I get me bout 5 or 6 hours of restful sleep. Then I wakes up hurt'n like hell. By the way, last night I sleeped for close to 8 hours.
Exercise ya say??? I just did 4 jump'n jacks an' walked out to the 'billy jeep" an' back. Does that count as exercise? I ain't never did me no exercises an' I sure as hell ain't gonna start now. Walmart is exercise....right?

Ok, I got me a big ol' froze chicken in the microwave thaw'n out. This chicken is gonna be my supper today. An' probly for the next few days. Now all I gotta do is figger out what to do with it. Chicken an' dumplins crossed my mind.....god I love chicken an' dumplins. Grill up half that chicken an' have me a real finger lick'n supper.....bbq sauce an' grease. Weber grill, don't let me down an' burn my chicken slap up. Can ya refreeze that other half of a chicken? Chicken soup is out...no way I'm gonna make a big ol' pot of chicken soup.  

Did I tell ya the first thing ya gotta buy after ya get a little 5 acre piece of property....with a stream run'n through it? A bulldozer. Not a great big'un ya know, but a medium size one. Build ya a driveway an' level out a spot for a RV shelter. Dig a pond. Knock down a bunch of trees for firewood. Have bulldozer races at the county fair. That would be cool.

Poor nephew Joseph. He got him some rotted roof on the trailer. He needs my supervisory skills for the replacement. I was up there last week, supervis'n ya know, an' I was skeered half to death. The 8 foot ladder was shaky, the scaffold was shaky an' my dad gum legs was shaky. I cain't do roofs no more. Did you know it's been a good 2 years since I been on "Sally da house" roof. Had to crawl off the last time.

Ok, I got me a few things that just HAVE to be done. God I hate warsh'n dishes an do'n housework. I also have to figger out how to replace a ignition switch in a 2001 Jeep GCL. Google is your best friend...."You Tube".

Laters....

 

12 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to get on a roof in several years. I thought it was just me, but I guess it's the protective instinct we sometimes get as we age. I won't even climb a ladder unless someone is with me in case I fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ain't for a protection instinct that I don't go on roofs no more. It's 'cause I'm gonna fall off that sucker if'n I stand up. An' what can ya do on a roof on your hands an' knees???
      I'm fine on a ladder...no problem there.

      Delete
  2. Yes, you can refreeze the other half of the chicken, but why not grill/roast the other half, de-bone and put the meat in the freezer for quick meals later on. Chicken enchiladas anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy....how are ye? I don't put pieces of "anything" in the freezer to use later. I always wait too long an' it turns into petrified wood.
      You just had to mention chicken enchiladas didn't ya? Just the other day at Walmart I was look'n at one them family size chicken enchiladas dinner thingys. I had spit run'n out my lips an' down my chin. Came [this] close to throw'n it in the cart. But, everbody know how much "stuff" they put in prepared food.

      Delete
  3. Alice looking good.
    Personably I would not refreeze your chicken after you defrosted in in the microwave. Like Judy say cook it up too debone and freeze it. For other stuff maybe a chicken pot pie, hot chicken sandwich chicken salad sandwiches, or enchiladas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, let's make up my mind....do I refreeze it or not? Anyhows, I toss that other half in the freezer hours ago.
      All them suggestions for pre cooked chicken sounds wonderful....Yum Yum eat 'em up.

      Delete
  4. There's 5 or 7 acre plots in a huge development just W of town, even creeks running thru. Some even have river fronts. It's Rio Llano, might check it out online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Trouble, I spended a freak'n hour look'n for that property. All I find is sold property....houses. If you have a link....that would work.

      Delete
    2. Theres some listed under real estate Century 21 when you search for Rio Llano. Maybe search for property for sale in Rio Llano.

      Delete
  5. daddy, looking good, the (tug) and (alice). As I said before ... I knew you would build it...most likely with a bunch of choice words but you say you have too. Out of all the project you built which one was the most fun? Your health sounds like you may need some rest, from the projects or go get a check up and see if you a tune up. Tell Joseph good luck on the roof repair. I hope you get to build your RV shelter, OH, hell daddy just do it, you only have one life. just do it... Okay headed out of town for a week and then off to Fl. for 3 weeks. Oh, did you see the pic's on facebook. when are you coming back to Yo Mama RV resort? should have the driveway done with a RV pad, water and power. till next time love and miss you. PS answer your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After hurricane Ike, I decided I would get my ladder out and go up on the roof to cover the hole made by the tree that fell on my fireplace.

    Bad idea....got up there OK, but I got dizzy and could not get down without feeling I was going to pass out. A neighborhood kid went and got her uncle so he could help me down. First and last time I ever get on a roof!

    Alice is looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure nice looking work you do with the hobby, wish I could do that kind of thing now but micro movement has left me so I don't even try any more. As far as climbing on a roof, I spent a few afternoons on the roof modifying solar panels so I can tilt them in winter, turns out a problem with the controller was the problem that got me to check panels. As far as standing, I can't stand on solid ground so working no hands and knees or sitting is fine, just time consuming and requires constant holding on to something anchored and solid to avoid falling off. Transitioning to the ladder from the roof is the hardest part but securing the ladder so I can hold or suspend myself from it helps.
    Looking forward to seeing Alice project finished.
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete