?

?

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Oh no, you didn't......Oh yes he did

Well shoot, I was just sit'n here look'n at that can of paint an'....."why not"?


The color you see is not the color you see. Due to the dullness in my liv'n room, the glare from the winders, my attitude an' no sunshine outside, this is what ya git.

Remember this......?????


Then I was just sit'n here an' I got to think'n......hope the winders come out right. So's I break out tape, a paint pen (fine tip) an' I paint me some rubber winder seals. Remove the winder protective film an' this is what I end up with. Not perfect, but in my book, close enough.

But, you would be safe to bet a dollar, the old Billy Bob is gonna do him some touch up round them winders.
What ya think bout that hood??? Today I rekon I'll be do'n all them other winders. Maybe build some compartment doors on the sides. It's look'n more like Alice ever day.
Dang, how comes my camera ain't show'n the right color???? 

TV.....now let me tell ya bout over the air broadcast TV in south Texas. Ya don't watch it unless you absolutely have to. I'm talk'n junk tv. Since the Ferguson episode up in Missouri, PBS is broadcast'n what I call "racial" programs....they tag white people as trash an' pin gold stars on the blacks. It would be fine with me to be called trash once a week, but every night???? Then they run a good Nova program one night....an' then run the same program bout 3 more nights. Shoot, I done seen that. We have Mexican channels in south Texas. Well DUH!!!, the border is right over there. I have 28 channels on my TV, but in reality, I can only understand what they say on bout 6 or 8 of 'em. We have duplicate channels. ABC, ABC, CBS, CBS, NBC, NBC, FOX, FOX....see what I'm talk'n bout? Anyhows, TV sucks.

Now you talk bout some good eat'n. I grill me up a chicken leg quarter last night with bbq sause, along with a grilled tater with grill marks. Not baked tater, a grilled tater cut in half. A can of buttered corn rounded out a great meal. I usually don't put this much effort into a meal, be'n all by myself an' all. An' it take only 5 minutes or so (15 min) to eat it up. No Alka Seltzer required.

I'm in a mind freeze. Dad gum thing don't think bout nuttin but fix'n stuff an' model motorhomes. This will be the last one these suckers I build. I cain't recolleck the last time I got to think'n bout "go'n down the road a piece". I ain't thought bout the "bubba boat" an' fish'n, I ain't thought bout the Grand Canyon an' all them desert lands I love out west.....mountains an' cactus. Dry lake beds....dy'n of thirst. I ain't even give much thought bout go'n back to Georgia for a family visit. Maybe I need to go down to the bar, git sop'n drunk an' talk to some young people an' strike up a conversation bout retirement an' travels all over the country in a motorhome. I been to the Grand Canyon ya know. A magnificent piece of artwork. 

Ok, I didn't fix nuttin yesterday, so nuttin there to write about. Oh wait, I started cut'n Sadie Mae's hair. Sheesh, it's gonna take a week.

Ok, I'm out of here....gotta find something to do.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. See what ya say tomorrow when I tell ya bout the screw up I made. Damn, back to the paint shop....

      Delete
  2. You've got internet, so go get NetFlix - it's a life saver, and no commercials and real low cost. Just saying, it made a difference in my life of falling asleep during those long commercials and never seeing the last part of a movie...and, choice, choice, choice.
    P.S. Your RV replica looks great.
    Miami Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch movies....an' from what I hear, NetFlix is a movie thing.

      thanks for the kind word on the Alice project

      Delete
  3. You have way more patience in building and putting all the finishing touches on a model than I would ever have.

    I never watch news on TV - just local weather, some science and some history shows. The history is getting pretty boring though - I've seen enough of WWII documentaries to last me a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If'n I had me a bit more patience, I wouldn't be mak'n so many screw ups. You'll see tomorrow when I fess up to git'n too damn impatient an' have'n to send this sucker back to the paint shop.

      Delete
  4. How about building one of those big Formose kech sail boats like the one you lived one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy Howdy that would be something to see!!!!!

      Delete
    2. This has crossed my mind for many years. Now where the hell am I gonna put another boat???

      Delete
    3. By the way....Formosa plans are online. How can ya mess up if'n ya got a set of plans???

      Delete
  5. It's not a hobby if you make a mad dash to finish it. Small towns always have a beer joint that opens in the morning that old folks use as a gathering spot to bs, especially along the coast. Most of the people don't drink much and there's women that come in too. Pasadena & Baytown honky tonks are full from 7am to 2am because of the plants that run 3 shifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Anonymous it is as though you read my mind!

      I was just thinking about my friends that worked at the refineries and would frequent the City of South Houston and Pasadena honky tonks when they got off their shifts. Oh...the good old days!

      Delete
  6. Had posted a comment but it went to "comment heaven" :(

    Just when I thought this computer problem was fixed...oh well. Anyhow, you can entertain yourself by watching the channels you do not understand. I used to love to watch Asian programming in Houston. I did not have a clue what language they were speaking but it was entertaining at least for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alice sure looking good, wanna see what you screw up.
    Maybe need to go down to that beer joint and loosen up, but then you might be runnin neeked down the street!

    ReplyDelete