?

?

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Birthday girl....Hazel

Boy howdy, what did I do??? All I done is mention "oatmeal" and the whole world is in turmoil. Earthquakes in different parts of the world, freez'n weather all the way down to Florida, people steal'n clothes off'n clothes line, fist fights in bars....and the list goes on and on. But let me tell ya bout this stuff call oatmeal. In right bout the time it take to pull some eggs and bacon out the fridge for to cook up, ya can have a hot steam'n bowl of vitamin enriched breakfast right at your fingertips. Now, what can ya do with oatmeal? Ya can put some "chocolate chips" in it like suggested in the comments or ya can put a hand full of California sun dried raisins in it.  That what old Billy Bob do....for the extra fibre. Then if'n ya really want go wild, ya can chop up some Spam or some crumbles of bacon and toss in there. My favorite is a big ol' heap'n spoon of Folgers instant Sweet, Creamy and Smooth Mocha Chocolate Cappuccino. Boy howdy...caffeine galore. Have ya ever tasted Metamusil?? Now that stuff sucks. Oatmeal is a refreshing substitute for a man made combination of cancer caus'n chemicals and chunks of wood (fibre).

Opps, we had another birthday party last night round the campfire. Hazel the short little Canuck. How bout a big ol' strawberry birthday cake with "real" strawberries and whipped icing. None that cheap imitation junk for Hazel.

2 comments:

  1. Hazel deserves only the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to Hazel. Where are the party pictures?

    I have eaten more oatmeal these past six months than I have in my whole entire life, due to my high cholesterol levels. Since I fix my mom a fresh fruit cocktail every morning I put some on my oatmeal to make it taste less crummy.

    ReplyDelete