?

?

Thursday, June 4, 2015

I got it made

Ya know what???.....I was sit'n here an' got to think'n, "you got it made Billy Bob".

Let me give ya a idea what I'm talk'n bout. Ya see, when ya get up in age an' ya ain't quite as spry as ya used to be, it's time to make that big change in your life what ya ain't been want'n to make. It's that time....ya got to settle down. In the case of a travel'n RV'er, that means your travel'n days, as you knew 'em, are over. Hang up the keys, brew up a pot an' go sit on "da porch" all day long an' watch the world pass ya by. Most people in the above situation, they ain't got nowheres to go an' they ain't got nobody to take care of 'em. In simple terms, they slap alone. Are ya with me so far???
Well, the old Billy Bob been think'n bout that situation. The only travels I been think'n bout is a trip to Texas an' a trip to Georgia. Any stops along the way, they don't even cross my mind. At each destination, I don't only have a convenient camp'n site (close to Walmart), I also got somebody that can/will take care of me if needed. Like this trip to Georgia......my son Robert won't let me do nuttin work related. He handles all my doctor appointments....an' he take me. He does all that without question.

In Sinton, Texas, I have nephew Joseph. Now this boy is much different than Robert in many ways, but bottom line, he will do what's necessary for my comfort. But I gotta ask. I have a permanent camp site, Walmart just up the street a couple 15 mile. I'm checked on daily to see if'n I'm still kick'n an' stuff like that. If'n I need something, I get it.
I'm think'n I pretty much got it made.

Man boy howdy, me an' that doctor go round an' round yesterday. I'm tell'n him where I hurt an' he's tell'n me where I don't hurt. I'm not concerned where I don't hurt. Poor doc, he look over at Robert an' ask...."can you help me out here"? After bout a hour of back an' forth stuff, next Wednesday I get me another "test" injection in a different place. It's for the hip pains, what I tole him in the first place, was my main concern. We'll see how this works out.

Because I hurt today, what makes me "don't give a shit", I'm think'n I'll cut today's post short.   

13 comments:

  1. Get feeling better BB. It may be time to find a permanent parking spot, and yes, it should be close to Wal-Mart, your doctors, and your loved ones. But then again, you should have a few more trips left in you, so when you are feeling better, hit the road again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy howdy I sure do hope so Dizzy. It would be wonderful if I got to feel'n good enough to travel like I used to do.

      Delete
  2. You do have it made , and like DD says, you still have a few trips that you can do once that pain go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't know yet if I still have some "excit'n" trips left. But I'm all for it.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on getting to that point that travelers and RVers dread like the plague. Some just jump into the different lifestyle and move into a house or park model, and some like you and me go kicking and screaming that "I ain't ready yet!"

    I hate to give up traveling altogether, but if I get home safely from this trip I'm going to stop doing these cross country drives, unless I can find a travel-lovin' dog to be a companion - someone I can talk to along the trip. I can't do it alone anymore, but if I tell my dog "I'm switching the plan and taking THIS road, he or she just nods their head and anything is okay with them. I hope the needle in your hip helps you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just talk'n Gypsy. I do that when I have a terrible night. Maybe tonight I'll have a better sleep....no leg cramps an' all that stuff.

      I don't think you are any closer than I am to "throw'n in the towel". Think'n only a wheelchair would make that decision. Oh wait, I could modify a wheelchair....forgit I said that.

      Delete
  4. You need to get on the computer: Texas.gov. You can renew your tags on line. You do not need a State Inspection until you get back to Texas.
    Texas Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know all bout the Texas tags an' inspection thing. But, like you said....until you get back to Texas.

      Delete
    2. You have to have a valid inspection sticker before you can do the registration on the motorhome. There is only one sticker for both inspection and registration for vehicles now in Texas.

      Delete
  5. hi BB. i sure hope you get to feel pain free soon so that you do not hang up the keys . i am not ready to stop traveling the country with you ! and then what ? next you know you are going to stop blogging?don't give up the good fight BB. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice Louie to be pain free, but with so much happening in my back, that won't happen. I'll settle for some relief in the area that hurts the worst.

      Ha ha, there have been many times I considered shut'n down the blog....but it ain't gonna happen for quite some time. I'll let my followers decide that.

      Delete
  6. Glad you got safe places to stop and family to take care of you!

    KarenInTheWoods​ and Steveio​
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Karen, you ain't the only one that is glad.

      Delete