?

?

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Short update on pain....an' that "damn cat"

This is the wrong time of day to be writ'n a blog post, but it's probly gonna be here for a few days anyhows...everbody can read it. Ya see, I been hav'n me a very hard time.

After go'n to the doctor an' get'n that nerve block thingy a few days ago, an' the damn thing don't work, I been down in the dumps look'n for aluminum cans. I got me a camp'n chair with me so's I can sit down ever once in a while (5 minutes).

The first nerve block (three weeks ago) was in the lumbar area (L3, L4, L5 an' L5-S1. That was to relieve the pains in my lower back. I got bout 50 to 60% relief. Doc said that was good for a "test" blockage (lasts for 2 weeks then......pooof, it's gone).

This last nerve block, a few days ago, was in the sacral area of my back to relieve the pains in my hip.Sciatic nerve. Before I got to the doc office, I was all excitis, jump'n up an' down.....I'm gonna be pain free in my hip. Swak a golf'n ball three hunnert yards. Them ideas was busted 30 minutes after the injection while cruis'n down the road in the pick up truck. Pain in my freak'n hip. An' it only got worser as the day went by.

Now, with Medicare an' my secondary insurance, I have been Oked for only one procedure. Either the lumbar area nerve block or the sacral area nerve block. Not both. It's up to me which one I will get. Decisions decisions. Think'n probly the lumbar block since I been getn up ever morn'n all crookit an' get'n them backards leg cramps again. Damn them things hurt like the dickens. Next doc visit in two weeks, so I got plenty time to decide.

Ha, bout this damn cat. Boy howdy, he done took over "Sally da house", the porch deck an' all the yard where we camped in "Yo Mama's" driveway. Trys to nurse on Sadie Mae, but she ain't hav'n none that. Up out of bed she goes to the liv'n room. The damn cat right on her heels. But, in the last couple days, Sadie Mae is com'n round....ignores the cat an' then she goes an' sniffs the damn cat. Lets the cat chew on her leg an' says nuttin. Still has to be 2 feet between them in the bed at night.

I need help. I cain't come up with a good name for a orange cat. No Trouble, not "billy cat".

I bathed the cat in Dawn again yesterday. Hunnerts of fleas die instantly. Cat decide to crawl up my arm. Dig a claw into one my veins. Damn, I'm bleed'n bad. Thumb pressure fix it right up. Calm cat down an' give him a good rinse....then he run like hell. Later after he all dry, he come slap "orange cat" alive. This is one frisky cat.

No work news today. Everthing the same it was a few days ago. Robert is frustrated....I am frustrated.  

28 comments:

  1. Name the cat "Orange Cat" or "Orange Twister" or just plain Damn Cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are NOT cat names. Who ever hear of call'n a cat "Orange Twister? Or even "Damn Cat" as a name. I was think'n along the line of a real name...you know, like Ralph or something like that.
      Try again Dizzy.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Now we got a word to work with. Tanger???? Tangie??? Possibility.....

      Delete
  3. I am going with "Damn Cat".

    "Choose an injection site"? Knowing your US medical system I am not surprised but being a Canadian I have to say, "Un-effing believable!".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Croft, but I ain't look'n all over the RV park call'n "damn cat" for a hour. The cat will be called "damn cat" enough without nam'n it "damn cat".

      It's not choosing a injection site, it's choosing a procedure. Each "procedure" has to be accepted separately by the insurance....Medicare an' secondary insurance.

      Delete
    2. I understand BB, it is just the whole concept of third parties making you choose. Both should be covered!

      Delete
  4. at least we get to choose...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi BB. if i get a vote it would be damm cat .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Louie.....ha ha....you don't git to vote. Well, ya do, but not for "damn cat". Put your think'n cap on, you might just win a prize.

      Delete
  6. Had an fluffy orange cat for about 15 years nomed Allie Cat,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had me a alley cat one time. Called him "damn cat"....but that weren't his name. Clyde it was.

      Delete
  7. How about Frisky, since it has that temperament. :) as you said ...This is one frisky cat. Carl

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about Garfield?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi BB, I vote for either "Rowdy" or "Fractious". I had an Australian shepherd that was definitely Fractious and the name really suited him.
    I do hope you find relief from the pain..... Being in pain all the time can really drain your energy. I wish you well!
    Jool in N. Texas

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm partial to George as a name. How many cats ya know named George?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about Tex? Or Mexia? That's where those cute little oranges are grown, and you can always get to cuss somebody out when they see it written and call your cat Mex-ia. Another source of fun!
    Sorry to hear the injections are not working - I offer no medical advice, just sympathy ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Billy Bob, here's my entry for kittie's name "Cheeto". Please send my prize to Illinois, thanks. Max.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LMAOOO, on BillyCat. Damn Cat is supposed to be called DC. Didn't you ever see that Disney movie? I've had Blaze and Flash, my 2 favs. Try Flame.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SIL has cat named Streaky. You should see it move! Neighbor named cat Charlie during Viet Nam area. Another named Huey for the way it could fly across a room. I already told you about Tacky. We don't know enough about your cat to pick a good name for it. Maybe Tease for what it does to Sadie Mae?

    ReplyDelete
  15. How about Taz for Tazmanian Devil.
    Don in Okla.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Having had many cats over the years I have a hard time naming them. We have an orange cat we call Orange Boy. A cat usually doesn't get a name until it goes to the vet. The vet's office seems to be big on names. lol We have Orange Boy, Hollywood, Nicky, Sweetie Pie, Huey, Louie, Sissy, Zero, Zorro, Paula, Sammy, Gypsy, Ginger, Stinky, Pinky, Posse, Annie, Frosty and 2 wild tom cats I haven't trapped yet. Thank goodness we have a low cost spay and neuter clinic near here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha - you have Huey and Louie, but no Dewey? Donald Duck is waiting .....

      Delete
    2. We had a litter of 4 kittens. Three orange and white and one black and white. I named them Huey, Dewey, Louie and Sylvester. I found poor Dewey dead. I think he was hit on the road and Sylvester just disappeared. Most of our cats are barn cats and ever so often one will disappear. Ever so often a new cat will show up. We live on a dead end road so I think people just drop them off.

      Delete
  17. Billy Bob Jr. or Junior.

    ReplyDelete