?

?

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Meow meow......you didn't

Ok, so what have I been do'n? Holy cows, I ain't been do'n a damn thing.
I got dishes stack up wait'n to be warshed, Stuff lay'n all over the place what needs to be dumpstered. "Sally da house" is a total disaster. I cain't even find my dad gum shoes.

Yesterday afternoon, grandson Nick pulls up in the yard. He come to see his papaw. He's got a orange cat in his arms. Before I go into detail bout the cat, it was give to him, but he decided he weren't ready for the responsibility of rais'n a "feisty" cat.

I picks up the cat puppy an' give it a quick once over. This orange cat is different from most orange cats, it's got little spots all over it's sides like a spotted leopard or something like that. One hind leg don't work right. Maybe somebody step on it or something. Hell I don't know, but he ain't right. Nick suggested he was gonna take him to the animal control place. Then I got to think'n, there ain't nobody gonna take a crippled cat home an' they gonna kill this cat. Not at my house they ain't.....I tells Nick to leave the cat here.

This is when I do me some think'n. Is it possible I could take care of a feisty orange cat an' not get all stressed out ever time the cat tell me...."wait a minute, I ain't ready yet". "I'll be home when I'M ready". Ha, cats do that ya know. 
 
"Oh no Billy Bob, you didn't". Oh but yes I did. Ya see, the cat, a little bout 8 week old puppy, took to me right off the bat. Climb right up my leg, leav'n claw marks, an' go to slap sleep in my lap. Sadie Mae says..."we ain't keep'n no cat daddy". Then Sadie Mae check out the cat..."I'll just ignore the little bastard....an' keep that damn cat out of my Kibbles an' Bits". (Last night they both slept in my bed)


 Last night an' most of yesterday was health issues. Mostly from my lower back pains, hip feel like 16 penny nails. Breathing was a issue, couldn't get a full breath. That shit skeers hell out me. Three of them sorrysome backards leg cramps made for very little sleep. I feel it today. Today, I would love to be back in Texas. Just me, Sadie Mae an' this damn cat.


23 comments:

  1. AWW! cutie pie-- male or female? Ive got both cat and dogs and they all get along just fine. Yes the cat eats dry dog food in addition to her own, but the dogs don't mind. Did you think of a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had me a couple cats before what lived in the motorhomes with Boudreaux an' Sadie Mae. Perfect companions.
      Bout cats eat'n dog food, my cat Mickey would eat Boudreaux's food an' Boudreaux would eat Mickey's food. Go figger.
      No name yet....too early. Need to check out personality before I name him her it.

      Delete
  2. You know whare I is and ware I is is not wonderful. It is miserable hot, humid and for some reason half of Texas came to the rockport waterfront. At least my A/C is working well and the Castle is under a shade tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the temps you posted on your blog, you got it made Barney. That's very comfortable weather. But, hang around a bit an' you'll have something to complain bout.
      I know you ain't gonna like this, but for a couple nights, I had to crank up some electric heat. Daytimes....lower 80's to mid 80's..

      Delete
  3. dat kitt is a female. you always did chase em bill. now they come and crawl in yer lap. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do wished I knowed if this thing is a male or a female. It makes a difference ya know.

      Ha, that reminds me the time....I was chas'n this cute little thing....an' I catched her. Holy cows....yikes, anybody want a cute little thing?

      Delete
  4. That cat is really keeping an eye on ya, BB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Jim, do you have any idea how many pics I took to get just this one???

      Delete
  5. I am in TX. Would rather not be here!! Hot!!! DFW area. What with all the rain we've had, the mosquitoes are horrendous. Early and late, when the temps are bareable, the only way to go out is with a coat off Deet. I'm glad to hear about the cat; a little diversion for old Billy Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before you get too glad Rose, let's see what kind of posts I make bout this cat. I am just a tad excitis bout it though.
      Sorry you are uncomfortable in Texas.

      Delete
  6. You have been adopted! I have found that is the best way to acquire a cat.

    By the way, don't let the cat eat too much of Sadie's dog food because dog food is lacking in the amino acid taurine and the right type of Vitamin A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Judy, the cat has already proven the adoption thingy. I'll do as he/she/it says.

      The cat has it's own food...Friskies Seafood Sensations. Sadie Mae likes it.

      Delete
    2. Had a dachshund that loved cat food. If the dachshund could get loose he made a bee-line for the old man who lived behind us because the old man had cat food on the back porch. So, every so often as a good will offering I would buy a sack of cat food.

      Delete
  7. hi BB. you are a good stuart of gods creatures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always been like that Louie. Shoot, somebody got to protect the little critters.

      Delete
  8. I used to have a tom cat that was colored like your new cat. It was nice of you to adopt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have a cat that was colored like my new cat. Remember "Webster"? Ha ha, you don't adopt cats.

      Delete
  9. I was also gonna suggest Dam Cat for the name. Heck, mine think their names are 'git down from there!' and 'get out of that!'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Think you just have that magnetic personality drawing all those critters to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You already named it,, Damn Cat,, DC for short.

    ReplyDelete
  12. MOST orange cats are male ( vet technician here still working full time) at 72. Operative word being MOST, female orangies are rare, sort of like calico males, I've never seen one in 15 years at this hospital. I have seen two female orange cats. He is a cutie, I have an orange one named Tiger, common name for a cat but he came with that name and I didn't want to break hi into being called something he wasn't used to. Get him neutered and he won't stay gone for days and also he needs vaccinations, they start at 8 weeks. Good luck you have a winner.

    ReplyDelete