?

?

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

That damn battery

Yesterdays trip to Corpus Christi turned out to be 50% success. Got half the items I drove all that distance for. Now why the hell would a hobby shop be closed on Mondays?

Well I'm gonna tell ya why. Televisions, electronic games, iPods and cell phones. Nobody has hobbies no more. I'm gonna turn back the clock a few years when there weren't all this electronic gadgit stuff we have today. I cain't speak for you wimmins, but us men folk had hobbies. They built stuff an' then they played with it. In most any city or backwoods town, you could find a hobby shop just around the corner. Shelves loaded with all kinds of fun hobby stuff to keep a man busy year after year. Airplane kits what took months to build. And only a couple minutes to "crash". Plastic model cars what a good hobbyist would spend hours perfecting the finest of details. Model railroading where hobbyist would build entire landscapes with little trains run'n all over the place. Fill up a entire basement....or a two car garage. Boats and ships what took months of painstaking construction, only to sit on a shelf an' draw dust for the rest of it's life. Them hobby shops are gone now days....replaced with online hobby stores.
Please note, the above mentioned items are what the old Billy Bob has spent way too many leisure hours participating in....an' a ton of hard earned $$$$. Your hobby interests may vary.
Also note....fish'n is not a hobby. It's a professional sport. 

Back to the Corpus Christi trip. Me an' Sadie Mae pulled into the park'n lot of the Altex computer/electronics store. All I needed was a cable for the sound system in "Sally da house". Ha.....have ya ever see Billy Bob go shop'n? I seen this little double fan thingy for cooling hard drives. Hmmmm, I bet ya a buck one them fans will fit in that smoke generator. Hey, I could use some those wire connectors. "What the hell is this cool look'n thingy for"? A hour later, I walk out that computer/electronics store with a bag full of some really neat goodies.

I pulls up in front the hobby shop. "What the hell....it's closed". This is a week day. All I need is a simple battery. This is the only hobby shop for probly a hunnert miles. Me an' Sadie Mae sit in the park'n lot an' got to talk'n. She agreed we could come back to the hobby shop in Corpus Christi another day. Pissed off, I stop at two Radio Shacks and one Hobby Lobby. Ain't nobody got a battery like what I need. 

Walmart, up the road a piece in Calallen, was a 100% success. I got everthing what I had wrote down on my shop'n list. Plus half a basket of other stuff. I don't just go inside the store an' buy what I need, I buy what I want too. An' ya gotta walk around look'n an' touch'n stuff to find something ya might want. Then when I get home, I asks myself...."what the hell ya buy that for"???? You would love spend'n a couple hours shop'n with Billy Bob at the local Walmart store. They got everthing.....except for that damn battery.

Boy howdy. I were sit'n there on the couch last night listen'n to the awning flap'n in the breeze. The weather news says we gonna have 40 plus mile a hour winds....tonight, tomorrow an' the next day. That's not good. I got things to do an' travel  plans to make. Ok....so I ain't gonna be driv'n "Sally da house" in no high winds. An' I ain't gonna be climb'n on the roof in no high winds to fix the a/c. I ain't gonna be do'n nuttin in high winds. These winds are controll'n my life. That ain't right. I'll just sit here in Sinton, Texas, do my thang....and wait.  

7 comments:

  1. I couldn't even go outside yesterday because the winds were blowing so hard. I remember my brothers having all kinds of hobbies, but the wimmins didn't have time for that stuff. I sure didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have an hunnert mile an hour winds down here - yet, but I did go back to your August post regarding the Redneck Cake. I did it! We have family down from the frozen north to visit and I got raving reviews on BillyBobs cake! Thank You, Pardner!

    Randall from Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny as it may seem, yesterday while at Walmart I purchased the ingredients for a "Billy Bob Cherry Chocolate" cake.

      Delete
    2. Hummm, that's ironic. :-). I gotta tell ya... ...anyone that will follow BillyBob's Redneck Cake baking instructions will be guaranteed a taste bud treat. You'll taste almost every ingredient in it because it isn't overly sweet. Our family really enjoyed it. Thanks again!

      Randall

      Delete
  3. Yep, this is a windy time of year. Especially in the SW portion of the country. Sounds to me like you have it all under control. Glad to hear your recent trip to the big city was 50% positive. You can easily shuffle off the other 50% to another day. "Billy Bob Cherry Chocolate Cake." There's gotta be a story there. Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You would love spend'n a couple hours shop'n with Billy Bob at the local Walmart store."

    No, Billy Bob...I would not! It was bad enough when I had to put up with my cousin shopping there during Christmas.

    After three hours I was about to commit suicide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it seems like you have to stand in line a long time to check out at WalMart. If I was in WalMart for more than a hour I would need one of those powered shopping carts to continue shopping.

      Delete