?

?

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Who is Billy Bob?

Ok, let's try this again.
Do ya feel better this morn'n Billy Bob?
Well hell no. I don't care if the sun ever comes out again. Cooler that way ya know.

Actually I do feel a bit better this morn'n. With all the new faces I see in the comments section, who wouldn't feel better? You woulda think I was dy'n or something like that.

Speak'n of new faces, you don't know much about the old Billy Bob do ya? I come from a farm ya know. That where I was dumped while I were still wear'n diapers. One of the best times of my life....or it seems so. That's where some of my best memories come from. Maybe it was 'cause I was part of a family. You know, a mon an' dad and 5 brothers. Even if they weren't really mine.

I've had a hard life with no parents to guide me along the way. But then, they weren't the best of candidates for parenthood to start with. I were just a little (legitimate...????) tot what got in the way of drink'n an' carousing the bars an' such. For their sake, I convinced them to get a divorce before I was a year old.

I didn't have no "mom" ya know. But on the farm, I had me a "MOMS". Moms took care of my every need, upto an' includ'n protect'n me from the older kids. All I had to do was holler "MOMS" an' there she was, beat'n hell out them older boys with a big ol' stick....or what ever she had in her hands. When MOMS speaked, everbody listened.

I had me a grandpa an' a uncle an' aunt later on in my life. Grandpa took care of me as best he could. Of course he was already up in age (bout 70). Lived in a old grocery store, I was go'n on 10 now, for a couple year (3 little rooms with a bath down the hall). Electric fence an' a herd of goats right next door. Walked to school just down the road a piece...rain, shine or snow.

In 1952, Uncle Luke come to Missouri, pick up me an' grandpa an' move our ass to California. Right in the heart of Redondo Beach....Beverly Hills, Hollywood. Holy crap, I'm liv'n in a real house with a real grass lawn out front, in a real home, three meals a day an' new clothes, the first I ever remember wear'n....hand me downs all my life ya know.

The year I became a full fledged teenager, I had a decision to make. To continue liv'n with aunt an'' uncle in California, or to go to Idaho an' take my chances live'n with "good ol' dad". Boy howdy what a mistake I made. I climb's off'n that old rickity two engine airplane

 ......an' there stands dad, with a 21 year old hoochie coochi "hot" bride hang'n on his arm.

By this time, I done forgot the names of all his wives...this was #4. No 13 year old child should ever be put into a situation like what awaited me. But I lived/survived through that too. On with my life, what ever that may be.

Through out all them early years, I learnt that if'n ya wanna get along with somebody, ya had to either fight with 'em or make 'em laugh. I chose to make 'em laugh. Black eyes an' bloody noses ain't fun. An' that the way I live my life today. Any time I can bring a smile, grin or a laugh to somebody, I know I done my job....."that's my job, that's what I do". An' I do it for free ya know.

Sorry for no laughs today,  but I just thought my new readers should know what they are deal'n with when the click on Billy Bob's Place. Who said it best? Ya never know what ya gonna get.

Again, if'n I didn't do it already....well actually I did if'n ya read between the lines, thanks so much for the wonderful comments. That's my pay. Borry me a coupla dollar...OK?        


20 comments:

  1. This is interesting! Even though i didn't respond yesterday, I did read it. And I worry about you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi kristine. I too worry bout myself. In fact, I worry bout all "old folks". Our days are numbered ya know an' when we gone, a treasure trove of knowledge is lost. Ya wanna know something....ask a old folk.
      Right here in our own little cyberblog home, there are a few old folk I worry bout. They ain't spring chickens no more. If they go before I do, I'll miss them terribly. We done lost a couple not long ago.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the update, Billy Bob. Glad to know you are still kicking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hell Jim, I'll be kick'n the lid slap off'n my coffin. That is if'n I live that long.

      Delete
  3. What an interesting life (to look back on). Maybe not so much while you were living it. I agree with you that humor can get you through most anything. It has helped me all my life. I figure you can find humor in most every thing if you look at it with the right pespective. Keep on keeping on BB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Dizzy, it was much more than interesting. It has been filled with adventure I would have never had as a "normal" person. My experiences have been much more than adequate....for a normal person. The only thing I lacked in my younger life was a family....my only regret.

      Delete
  4. I don't comment often, but I do stop by here every day to see what you're up to. Thanks for the background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put that background on there for a reason. Gear'n everbody up for some stories that fit in that background. I also don't mind people know'n who I am an' where I come from.
      An' I don't mind at all you not comment'n often. I ain't too good bout comment'n myself. Usually when I make a comment, it's gonna be something serious or some "off the wall" stupit stuff. I don't do serious ya know....well, maybe I do if'n nuttin else works.

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed your post today, BB. There is nugget in every one of them. Your blog could be like a box of chocolates. (according to Gump) Have a great day! RB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya RB. Ya know what, that box of chocolates is gonna run out one these days. That's kind of what yesterdays post was about.....somebody been eat'n my chocolate.

      Delete
  6. BB is an enigma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I had a loving stable (and large!) family, I can also look back on some great adventure in my life too. I believe humor is better at getting along with people than anything else, and if I can laugh at myself then others can laugh along with me, not at me. At least is usually works that way. I see the same thing with you and I appreciate your stories and outlook on life. Don't stop now, you ain't finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said Billy Bob....keep writing for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling better today and that you got paid :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I
    could I want to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions.
    Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
    I desire to read more things about it!

    Here is my webpage ... nutritional information restaurants

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Billy Bob! I also don't comment much, but be assured your blog is the first one I read EVERY day. I can relate to some of your past and enjoy reading about your exploits.

    "Any time I can bring a smile, grin or a laugh to somebody, I know I done my job...." Well done Billy Bob, well done!

    Max from Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure had a colourful childhood and you still goin strong, thanks for the update of the past!

    ReplyDelete