?

?

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Better late than never....

Ya ever hear the old say'n..."it's better late than never"??? Well now that may be the case if'n you're expect'n a check in the mail. Or a lost order you been wait'n for for a week. But a blog post???? I don't think so.

I got up way early this morn'n to the sound of water run'n on the roof. Kind of like the sound of rain. Apparently it had rained all night long an' I didn't "no nuttin" bout it. Firstest thing I thought was the floor gonna be flooded (early morning pessimism). Well, I were half ways right. Ye see, yesterday we changed a roof vent cover over the kitchen. Robert reminded me to be sure I closed it before I went to bed. That's really all I need to say. The slide out did not leak.....yeee haaa!!!!

Somewheres I were talk'n bout how much Robert and his buff'n job was gonna cost me. I'm think'n I mentioned bout a hunnert dollar.  By the time we got out of the rv parts sell'n place I done spend me up a hunnert sixteen dollars. But not all on buff'n stuff. Replaced 2 roof vents for the black and gray holding tanks, one them crank up square roof vents an' the roof vent for the refrigerator. Also dug out all the old caulking on the bathroom skylite and recaulked. We good to go on the roof for another 8 years or so. Oh wait.....did I mention I need a new cover (bout $120) for the front ac unit on the roof???

Oh hell, I ain't never gonna get this post done...."hit publish Billy Bob".

8 comments:

  1. Guess I can not chastise you for forgetting to close the roof vent since I too suffer from CRS syndrome, but your floor is not going to last long if you keep that up!

    I need to hire your son to work on my house, he does good work.

    Like your new header picture showing "Sally da house" all tidy and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come now MsB, it weren't Robert what done all the work. All you do'n is swell'n up his head like a big ol' balloon....or something like that. But he is part of Billy Bob & Company.

      Delete
  2. Dang, don't you know that there is always something to spend money and time on when you have a RV? They are something like big ole boats but run on tires and still eat up money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of both my RV's, "Alice" and "Sally da house", I have not spent much $$$ as some may think. Much less than I would have spent on "Coyote" (41' Formosa Ketch sailboat) had I not sold, nor nowheres as much as I spent on my house in San Antonio. I live on the cheap ya know.

      Delete
  3. pssst.... check out Maxi-air covers for the roof vents. Never have to worry about leaving a vent open in the rain again. Our last 3 RVs all got outfitted with them as soon as we bought each RV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do the maxx air vents work ok with a fan in the vent?

      Johnny in Austin, TX

      Delete
  4. butterbean carpenterJune 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM

    Howdy BB,
    Like Karen in the woods said, get some Maxx vent covers.. We had hail out here in W Texas the size of billiard balls, all of my vents had Maxx covers except the shower vent; it got a 6" hole in it, none of the others were hurt!!
    Knocked holes all over the '89 Cavalier(plastic GM car)!!!

    ReplyDelete