?

?

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Back in Corpus Christi area

Location 'el Rancho Abraham RV Resort & Goat Farm"...Sinton, Texas.

"Yee gads Billy Bob, what the hell have you done"???
Well ya see, it was like this....the wind was blow'n, couldn't catch no fish, stuff was break'n and to top it all off, my laptop done went an' went kapoots on me.....just quit work'n....poooof, just like that. So I hook up "that jeep" to the back of "Sally da house" and headed north, destination Sinton, Texas.

Arrived at "el Rancho Abrahams" right bout 2pm yesterday afternoon, set up camp an' laid back "do'n nuttin" for the rest of the day. I had a split'n headache the entire trip an' when I got here, that hip I was tell'n you bout, hurt like hell. I'm talk'n all the ways down to my little toe.....bring tears to your eyes kinda hurt. But it was a safe and easy trip cruis'n down the highways do'n a hunnert mile a hour (58-60). Cheapest gasoline I seen was $3.59 in Alice, Texas, but I didn't need to stop.

Nephew Joseph is a daddy to a tiny premature 4 pound 4 ounces baby boy. Baby and mama is still in the hospital....both doing fine. May come home tomorrow. So, if my nephew is a brand spank'n new daddy, what does that make me. Great uncle or something like that????

As you may recall, I spent the last two months camped at the  "free" County Park in Falcon Heights, Texas. I complained bout freez'n to death and hurricane force winds until the day came that the temps were absolutely perfect. You know, low 60's at night and upper 80's during the day light hours. But that wind, that god awful scream'n wind blow'n every day......enough to make anybody pack up an' break camp. Well anyhows, last night I froze my ass buttocks off. I couldn't believe it got down to 45 degs. Make ya wonder why a guy would leave beautiful weather.

I don't plan to be in Sinton very long 'cause I still got a 14 pounds bass wait'n for me at Falcon Lake. Make a few repairs, modifications, some maintenance on "da house (change oil an' filters...stuff like that). Gonna hit up Best Buy and buy me a brand spank'n new laptop computer. Probly go to the golf ball swak'n place an' swak a few with "the old fat man Barney".


13 comments:

  1. Great Uncle?? I don't know but what I do know is that you are GREAT in my book. Glad you had a good trip but sorry you hurt. I hurt too, do you think it has anything to do with our age. Dang, if I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far as I'm concerned, we never take care of ourselves.....until it's too late of course.
      I were figger'n on liv'n up past 90 or so, but think'n I may not make it way things keep break'n.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're back on the coast. Hope it's better than Falcon Lake.
    But,,this is TX, weather can do anything,,guess you know. Haven't had that Easter spell yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Trouble, it ain't better than Falcon Lake. I'm think'n there ain't nowhere better with all these storms an' stuff. I don't do Easter.

      Delete
  3. Hey great uncle, congratulations to the new baby and the parents! Surely there has to be a spot in Texas where the weather is good and the winds aren't blowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I were think'n the same thing bout somewheres where the wind weren't blow'n in Texas. Only place I found it was freez'n cold.

      Delete
  4. Wait, I'm confused...you are staying at Rancho Abraham but your nephew's name is Joseph?

    Glad you made it safe and sound to Sinton. The wind has been wicked statewide. Right now it is blowing pretty good in Del Rio and tomorrow it is supposed to be worst :(

    Congratulation on the new addition to the family Great Uncle Billy Bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well MsB, sorry I confused you. But I'll try to explain. Ya see, Joseph bought the ranch from his daddy Abraham last year. When Joseph was born, he was named Abraham Joseph by his daddy Abraham. But he goes by Joseph.

      Delete
    2. Thanks...now it is clear as water :)

      Delete
  5. That good you made the safe trip and hope you get all your fixin done while you are there. Then back to catching that 140 pound bass.
    Now you a great uncle how you like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy howdy I got me a bunch of fix'n to do that for sure. Just little piddly stuff that could be done anywheres. But there stores all over the place here where I can pick up needed items. So much simpler to drive 190 miles to be close to parts.

      If'n it ain't too hot at Falcon Lake when I get my chores done, I'll be there. May have to stay at the State Park where I can use a/c.

      Delete
  6. My adventures are lamed up right now with the Truck being in need of repair. Tuesday morning I hope the Truck is repaired and ready to roll again. Rent runs out March 10 and I want to roll somewhere. I am afraid that by the end of March Falcon will be very hot but the fishing might be very hot also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Billy Bob... let us know whereabouts you are going, or will be... shoot us an email pfundt (at) gmail.com We are in Crowley LA tonight and heading west.....

    Karen and Steveio

    ReplyDelete