?

?

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Nonsense an' stuff

Boy howdy, I sure gonna be glad when I got something to write about instead of all this nonsense I been writ'n bout. Even nonsense is get'n hard to come by. I'm get'n where I don't even want to read what I write. I done told all my "stories" in the last 3 years of this blog an' the ones I ain't told is hiden somewheres in the back of my mind. Probly lost forever back there in a memory gone bad.

What to do??? Boy howdy, that's a hard question. It ain't like I can just jump out of bed in the morn'n, jump in "that jeep" and have me a excit'n day. I can sit here all day long think'n bout stuff what might get me all excitis, but there are factors what gotta be considered. Wind be'n the first an' foremost. I ain't never see in my life the wind blow a hunnert mile a hour 8 days a week. Now I ain't complain'n or nuttin like that.....but dayum, this sucks. Today is no exception.

Ain't the first sign of sunshine out there this morn'n. Of course the wind is blow'n like all git out. There ain't a thing I can do bout it neither. But then I got to think'n, is the wind blow'n anywheres else? Yup it sure is. And it's cold in most places. ( Corpus Christi, Texas - Port Aransas, Texas...winds 15/20 to 25/30 gusts to 35 & 40). Now that ain't my kind of wind.

Tomorrow, thursday, we gonna have a cook out. Couple campers come by my camp and invite me to drop by the gazebo for some good eat'n. Don't know if the entire campground has been invited. That would be bout 20 or so people far as I can tell. At least we gonna have a "git together"....wind or no wind. But if'n it's blow'n like it is today, I ain't gonna be stay'n long. The old Billy Bob don't like wind.

Fish'n reports are pick'n up. The fish'n is a little late this year from what the reports say, but the fish are finally turn'n on. Now, to me, that's good news. Oh, did I mention, if'n I catches up that 14 pounds bass I was tell'n ya bout, it would be just shy of the lake record of 15.63 pounds. Odds of that happen'n is pretty slim when you're fish'n out of a blow up "bubba boat". By no means does that mean I won't be out there giv'n it a rip snort'n try though. Oh by the way.....Lake Amistad shut off the water. As of yesterday, they hit a lake level of 50 feets low, while Falcon Lake came up to 28 feets low.


 

9 comments:

  1. yep lots of nasty wet wind and cool temps here in Rockport. Definitely not anything like I was hoping to enjoy while doing repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a site that gives a wind map of the U.S. It may be helpful to you in your travels: http://hint.fm/wind/

    ReplyDelete
  3. DD thanks for the site, works great now I will know what my fuel mileage drop so bad....

    ReplyDelete
  4. BB sounds like you are in need of a ROAD TRIP, hook up that jeep full up that M/H and haul....

    ReplyDelete
  5. We in Rockport too, just windy and overcast, but still 70f, with sun peakin out a bit here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They probably want to know where the good fishing spots are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy that cookout. I dislike high winds too - and don't even want to go outside when the wind is blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here, about as far away from Texas as possible, the wind has been unusual for weeks. Today I decided it must be March already instead of February as I thought. Think I need a calendar along with that needed clock. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure has been some wicked wind, that's for sure! I'll bet you are ready for some good fishing weather, right?

    Have fun at the cook off!

    ReplyDelete