?

?

Friday, February 22, 2013

Computer crash......

Oh my God.....woke up this morn'n and my computer done bit the dust. Oh, it's do'n it's stuff an' all that, but it just ain't show'n me what it's do'n on the screen. The screen is lit up like a dim light bub......ain't nuttin on it. This ain't really a good thing ya know. Man.....this sucks.

So's I breaks out my "other" computer. The old 2002 Sony Vaio....or whatever it's called. I start updating. Holy jump'n ninnys, this is gonna take a week. But anyhows....it's finally work'n good enough where I'm able to make a blog post.

I rekon when your computer fails ya, it's like break'n the old horses back. There's a say'n for that, but I sure as hell cain't remember what it is. Straw....yeah, that what it is. When a horse is got a broke back, ya ain't gonna ride him no more. May as well shoot the damn thing betwix the eyes, bury it an' go down to the livery stable an' buy a brand spank'n new one.

Did I ever perforn a save of important data to the external hard drive. I betcha a dollar I didn't. I got tons of photos that I gonna lose unless I can find me a computer wizard to extract them for me.

At this very moment, I am bout ready to pack up an' head "Sally da house" back to the Corpus Christi area. This computer break down is just one more thing what's got to be fixed. Breakdowns are add'n up one by one. More the reason to hook up an' pull out for the beautiful Gulf coast of Texas.

Beside my computer problem, I waked up to more nasty weather. Well, it ain't really nasty when ya consider it only gets down to the lower 60's at night and up on the edge of 90 in the day time. That sounds like some really nice winter camp'n weather. If'n it weren't for the damn wind what blows every day, an' all them clouds cover'n up the sun, it would be perfect.

Ok, I got me some serious think'n to do.....laters. 

14 comments:

  1. wind and temps have not been nice here in Rkpt this feb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BB, a couple summers ago my computer crashed. I had 2 months' worth of Lake Superior/MN hiking pictures on it. We took the computer to Best Buy in Duluth. Since I was on the road, away from home, and reminded somebody of their grandma, the Geeks there felt sorry for me. We left the computer, went to lunch, were called before we finished and told that we could pick it up. They were able to get all of my pictures onto an exterior hard drive. Cost something over $100, but to me that was a bargain! My problem was a faulty hard drive in a new laptop; HP sent me a new one. Good luck with yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures are important, but only to you, your kids, and maybe the grandkids. But I just love to look at my family's old, old pictures. I have boxes of them fact to the old tin types.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dang tablet tries to spell words and sometimes replaces them with a different word altogether. In the above the word "fact" is supposed to be "back".

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather temps sound wonderful where you are, but the wind stops you from doing anything. I'd say go someplace else. Your hard drive is probably intact and a good technician can retrieve your photos. You don't want to lose those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Gypsy, I think I'm OK with the photos. The laptop has two separate drives and all the photos are on the second drive. I can pull it out and connect to another computer.....probly with a hunnert dollars worth of cables. I'm think'n the vidio card went out cause the computer boots up.....just cain't see what it's do'n.

      Bout the wind.....it's EVERY where.

      Delete
  6. Sure do hate when that computer crashes, gotta do those backups!
    Its not if it will crash but when.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Backup??? Whatcha talk'n bout backup? I don't know the first thing bout backup.

      Delete
  7. Do you have a external monitor to try, my daughter's laptop display got broke and she plugged an external which has been working fine over a year now. On the other hand, I removed my hard drive, put it in a external drive case, plugged it to a working computer and accessed all my data. Both the internal and external drives are 2.5 inch drives, easy swap.
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're think'n long the same lines I am. But with no display, all I can do is like you say.....hook the drives to another computer.

      I betcha a dollar them geeks at Best buy can do that for me.

      Delete
  8. BB do you have a tower type computer if so if you open it up and look inside you will see a 2nd hard drive ribbon in there with a power cord you might just be able to hook it up there and back up to a new laptop....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a hard drive player with an adapter for two different size hard drives. A good way t retrieve stuff from a broken computer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter took her broken laptop in to a computer guy, for like $25 he put all her photos on a thumb drive. I'll bet she still doesn't back her new one up...

    Say BB, It looks like we'll be down in Corpus Christi in 2 or 3 weeks (for the first time). I was planning on staying at the Navy Famcamp and maybe some boondocking on the beach.
    It sure looks like you know your way around that part of the world, any advice?

    ReplyDelete