?

?

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Flag poles, ceilings an' BBQ

As I was say'n.....I grill stuff. Anything you cook on or in the stove in the house, can also be cooked on a grill outside. Well, almost anything. Ain't never tried cook'n a cake on the grill. Probly burn the hell out it. Catch on fire.

I been look'n at the Weber Q100 grill an' kind of sorta made up my mind....that the one I want. But.....I'm gonna have to modify it to fit my needs. What ever I decide on, will have to have a "warming rack"....or be modified to accept one. Ya see, there's some stuff I don't cook on the "catch stuff on fire" grill surface. Like chicken, pizza, biscuits....stuff ya want to cook slowly an' don't want the bottom burn to a crisp.

Did I ever tell ya bout the time.....well yes I did. I builded me a "jet powered" BBQ grill. Here's the link if'n you're interested in outdoor cook'n, jet engines, pain and a taste of humor.
"Billy Bob's Jet Powered BBQ".

I were sit'n there on the couch yesterday an' look up at the ceiling. Damn, I need to wash the ceiling. So that what I did....think'n it would only take bout a hour. Holy crap, three hours later an' I still ain't done. I mix me up a bucket of water with some that ammonia I was tell'n ya bout an' go to work. That stuff do the job I mean to tell ya. Two buckets later and I still have half a panel to finish the job. Nasty stuff come off'n that ceiling.

Usually I'm a pretty patriotic kind of guy. You know, fly my flag. A few years back I build me a flag pole out of PVC plastic pipe. I enjoy fly'n my colors in campgrounds and replace the flags bout every year or so....keep 'em fresh an' look'n purty.

Well that damn PVC stuff done went an' got warped from being out in the sun so long. So I got me a idea.....I'm gonna build me brand spank'n new "straight" one. Make it out of bigger an' stronger 1 an' a 1/4 inches PVC....macho ya know. But I ain't gonna do it today.....unless I get a hair an' go to town.

Hot damn....we got sunshine. Early morn'n sunshine. Well, it ain't really early morn'n no more, but you know what I'm talk'n bout. Was a bit nippy again last night with a low of 57 degs. Then I look at the weather forecast thingy. HUH? What's this? Low 40's tonight. That cain't be true....this is south Texas ya know. And I be need'n some propane pretty soon.

I rekon I done went an' done too much stretch'n yesterday....wash'n the ceiling and install'n the Texas flag on the flag pole. My back was kill'n me this morn'n. Some pains ya just got to learn to live with, even if they do slow ya down and limit your abilities to do things. Life goes on an' ya gotta keep on truck'n or ya gonna be sit'n in some rednecks front yard up on concrete blocks. Think bout that.

Just in case anybody wants to know, my solar controller is still work'n. Or I think it is anyhows. Now all I need is a few good days of sunshine to fully charge the batteries. Two or three hours a day just don't quite cut it.

Ok, got things to do. Finish wash the ceiling and maybe go buy me up some PVC pipe. What ya think???

7 comments:

  1. Thats good that the Solar controller still working.
    The Weber Q-100 is great and have never found the need for a rack. O Cook whole chickens and roasts right on the grill and turn out just perfect
    you can see how I do it by going checking my posting below.
    http://geosuzie.blogspot.com/2012/05/chicken-on-weber-q-100.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your old flag pole. Old people like me don't do change very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the post where you described the grill you built was the funniest thing I ever read in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. butterbean carpenterFebruary 13, 2013 at 8:01 PM

    Howdy BB,
    Now, don't get your drawers in a knot, but I want you to know something IMPORTANT; THE FLAG OF THE STATE OF TEXAS DOES NOT FLY 'UNDER' ANYBODY'S FLAG; IT FLIES EVEN WITH 'OLD GLORY'
    EVEN WITH IT!!! NOT BELOW IT!!! ANOTHER FLAG ETIQUETTE THING. ONLY ONE FLAG TO A POLE!!
    I'm proud of you flying the flag and fighting for the freedom which it represents, THANK YOU!!! Schedule 40
    is a better PVC for the flagpole, it's thicker & stronger!!! Hope you catch your LUNKER this year!!!







    1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cold water pvc degrades in the sun. Use the hot water pvc for better luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can fly multiple flags from the same pole however the second, or third, should be spaced one foot apart.
    When several flags are flown from the same flag pole, the U.S. Flag should always be at the top (you are doing this correctly). Flags of sovereign nations should not be flown on the same pole as the United States Flag but from separate poles (this is where butterbean believes that Texas is a sovereign nation).

    Title 4 United States Code Paragraph 7(f)
    When flags of States, cities, or localities, or pennants of societies are flown on
    the same halyard with the flag of the United States, the latter should always be
    at the peak. When the flags are flown from adjacent staffs, the flag of the
    United States should be hoisted first and lowered last. No such flag or pennant
    may be placed above the flag of the United States or to the United States flag’s
    right.
    Title 4 United States Code Paragraph 7(g)
    When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from
    separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal
    size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that
    of another nation in time of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, bitching about HOW you fly your flag? Got to love America!!
    IMO you can fly those flags anyway you want to!

    I used to cook pizza on a gas grill by putting the pizza pan on 3 tins cans used for spacers, I got the idea from a youtube video on cooking pizza on the gas grill.

    ReplyDelete