?

?

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Life is good....sometimes

Just in case ya didn't know.....I have cut my internet time down to two hours a day. Mornings. Replies to your comments have been greatly diminished. Sorry, but still have battery problems.

Holy cows, sit'n round do'n nuttin sure can be boring. That what I did all day yesterday....and it paid off. When I got out of bed this morn'n, my back was feel'n soooo much better. I could stand up straight, didn't pee on the bathroom floor this morn'n and didn't stumble an' fall all over the place try'n to brew up a pot of coffee.  Remember the old crooked man?.....that was me for a few days. Today I am on my way to a speedy recovery.....maybe.  

I think everbody know I have a electrical problem....right??? Still hav'n problems with the batteries using too much and not charg'n enough. By the way, this is one reason I don't get on the internet but for two hours a day. I got a little switch gobber-doo to turn off power to the chassis system.....engine, dashboard, chassis fuse box....stuff like that. I turn it off a couple days ago. Didn't help a bit. That leaves the "house" electrical system where the problem is at. Will be look'n into that when the weather permits. But not today.

Holy crap, it was rain'n this morn'n. Oh wait.....no it ain't. Oh wait....yes it is. Now it ain't. Not that I would like it to rain, but damn, make up your mind Margaret. Weather forecast ain't look'n too good for the next few days. Gonna be overcast and windy.....10 to 20 mile a hour.

I was look'n over at OFM Barney's blog an' I got plumb sick. Lake Amistad is one my favorite Texas lakes and they are drain'n all the water out of it.  Send'n it down river to Falcon lake an' there's plenty water down here. Stop it!!!

Speak'n of Texas lakes, the bass are on the spawn at Falcon Lake. That means the bass are going into shallow water an' "do'n it". They don't eat much when they are on the spawn, but look out in 2 weeks.....Billy Bob gonna catch up that 14 pounds bass. Or maybe 14 little bitty one pounders.

Ain't nuttin much else go'n on at Billy Bob's house. Thought of mak'n a trip to the gulf coast for a few days, maybe a week or two. But that's just a thought I been roll'n round in the back of my mind. You know how that works....right? Maybe I will, maybe I won't...probly won't. But I could if'n I was really want'n to. Got lots of things I been want'n to do, but ain't got the git-up-an'-go to git up an'  go do 'em.

Oh yeah. I was sit'n out in the yard sip'n up a cup an' got to think'n......spud gun. Everbody know what a spud gun is....right. It's a PVC contraption what shoot taters bout 200 yards or so. Ain't no real purpose for hav'n one, but they sure are fun as hell to shoot up a sack full of taters. Man toy ya know. Well, I drawed me up a design for a "spud gun from hell". Sound like a good "man" project to me. Better than sit'n round do'n nuttin. Hmmmmm....wonder if'n I could hold up a grocery store with one these????
Is it legal??? Who cares, my shotgun ain't legal neither.

12 comments:

  1. My kids used to make those. Shoot a potato diagonally across the neighbor's 40 acre field. It was more like a bazooka than a gun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very few spud guns will shoot much over 200 yds. Taters seem to lose their velocity soon after leav'n the barrel. But....they are considered a firearm in Texas. Cain't take one in the bank with ya. Gun control sucks!!!!

      Delete
  2. Head back to the coast, catch speckled trout three feet long, play golf and score under 89 and be lazy. Hmmm that might be a good plan while we wait for better weather. Seems like winter is sticking around longer this year than the last few years. YUK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the old back is feeling better and you did not pee on the floor this morning...jajajajaja...LMAO :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I know it is YOUR blog but that monkey picture is creepy, he looks possessed :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking it off :)

      Delete
    2. The camp picture looks a lot better than that crazed monkey...
      I'm glad your back/leg is feeling better

      Delete
  5. I learned long time ago not to let ideas loose in my mind to just roll around. They have a habit of getting lost , never to be seen or heard of again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice lookin' shotgun ya got there BB! I think I saw a story on the news about a Spudgun Bandit...

    ReplyDelete