?

?

Friday, May 10, 2013

Excuses

It just stopped rain'n. Not much rain, but enough to spoil a good golf'n day. Ya see, when it rains on a golf course, they put out signs what says..."cart path only". That means if'n ya don't hit your golf ball close to the cart path, you gonna be go'n for a long hike. Carts must stay on the cart paths.....or the cart path cops is gonna git ya. Make ya read out loud the hand wrote cart path only rules of the ins, outs, why fors, whens an' wheres....stuff like that bout. By the time ya finish, ya don't want to play no more golf.

I surely ain't got nuttin to discuss today. I rekon I done wore out all the talk of a Louisiana trip. But I did enjoy it. Got myself all excitis think'n bout it. The trip is still not set in fresh concrete. Or to be PC, not set in stone.

I don't know what the hell I wanna do. Yesterday I went outside to walk around the yard a bit. That when I realized "I cain't breath". Took a shot of my Advair breathalyzer thingy think'n that might help by open'n up my air pipes an' I would breath like a 20 year old. "Well Billy Bob, ya can forget that shit. You ain't walk'n nowheres no more".
I exercise my lungs on a daily basis. I breath in an' out bout 40/50 times a minute.

Old string bean/coffee bean.....Butterbean, that's it, sure did make me do some think'n. Not bout stay'n in Texas instead of go'n to Louisiana, but when he says..."I sure hope ya don't back out". Here lately, I been find'n any excuse in the books to not do something. Bad weather has been my all time favorite (but I'm right on that one). I have me a bunch of "issues" what I been fall'n back on as a excuse when the weather is nice (but I'm right on that one too). I need to get excitis, that what I need.

I know how long it take me to hook up an' get on the road....pick'n up stuff I throwed in the yard, disconnect'n water an' electric, hook'n up "that jeep"....stuff like that. Right bout a hour all total....onest I get off'n the couch an' away from this damn computer.

I crank up "Sally da house" yesterday just for the hell of it an 'cause it needed cranked up. I were think'n the sound of a big ol' powerful V-8 engine would stir up my excitement, but it didn't do nuttin. So's I crank up the Onan generator for the same reasons an' that didn't do nuttin neither. Now if'n I was to hear the sound of a golf'n cart crank'n up, I betcha a dollar I gonna get all excitis.

I suppose what I'm try'n to say is "the old Billy Bob ain't excited". Refer back to the excuses.

In the mean time, I got things to do. Laters.... 

7 comments:

  1. Is there something going around that's catching? I swear I feel the same way you do - I want to do something, go camping, go anywhere, but excuses keep popping up. Maybe it's age-related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm think'n long the same lines....age related. I didn't have no problems a couple years ago go'n places, but after turn'n 70, it was all down hill from there on. Now I'm almost 72 and next year skeers the liv'n hell out me.
      Now I ain't say'n that age it'self is the cause, but what old age brings health wise. I guess we just got to suck it up best we can.

      Delete
    2. The only good thing about it is that we're getting so much smarter!

      Delete
  2. You need to hit the road so you don't forget how to drive a big rig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excitis Dizzy....I ain't excitis.
      Driv'n a big ol' motorhome is the same as ride'n a bicycle....ya never forget.

      Delete
  3. Well Billy Bob...I don't know what to tell you. :-(

    Would seeing naked people "excitis you"? When you go visit old Blue Eyes in August you could drop by Burningman the week before Labor Day.

    If anything you could get a kick out of people watching. Or you could come to the Chili Cook-off in October...down in my favorite desert :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The older I get, the more I use the weather as an excuse not to drive, go to a festival, or do anything. I just really like my house and yard, and I am only 66! If I had someone to go with me, going anyplace would be more agreeable.

    ReplyDelete