?

?

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Memories....poooof, gone, just like that

continued......
After removing all the doors, chop'n the top off, installing a home recliner in place of a back seat, we had built a perfect "brush hog" 2 wheel drive redneck sand buggy that would go places a Jeep couldn't go. And that cop car what was chas'n us.
Now you know the rest of the story.

I've been work'n on the recovery of my childhood memories. Now I know why I started this blog in the first place....I was los'n my memory. When I sit down to write some strung out humorous tale from my past, I can't seem to remember those days no more. That's when I have to resort to a few old notebooks and past blogs when my memory was still intact. If'n you're gonna lose something, don't let it be memories.

One day my grandkids is gonna ask....."Who was grandpa"? "What did he contribute to the world"? "Was grandpa real"?  By that time, Blogger will be a thing of the past and all records of "the life an' times of Billy Bob" will be lost and long forgotten. Billy Bob never existed.

That's what part of today's blog is about, the preservation of records. In the past I have spoken about "saving" blogs to my computer. I have found a way to do that, but not sure if'n the saved files will work on another computer (somebody elses computer). That's a test I have not yet done. Actually, I don't know how neither. Maybe someone else has an' can direct the old Billy Bob in the right direction.
Note to self: Save a blog file to a memory stick and try it on the other computer.

I suppose the last of the cold fronts are gone now. This last one was a doozy, or what ever ya wanna call it, with high winds and cold night time temps. Today is absolutely beautiful. Would be a perfect day for do'n something outside. Like swak'n up some golf balls or jump'n on the "billy bike". I don't play golf on week ends, so that's out. The "billy bike" has issues, so that's out. Ya see, when the wind blowed the "billy bike" over, it hit a propane bottle an' bend one the brake operator thingys. The freak'n wheel won't turn. And the chain is all rusty from the salt air in the coastal bend. How the hell can something break just sit'n there?

OK, how the hell do ya get to the other side of Houston? You think I'm kid'n don't ya???.....but if'n ya ain't never drive through Houston, ya can't get there from here. Not in one day anyhows. The only straight route I see is to go to Louisiana, turn around, an' go north. Maybe turn south in St Louis.

Speak'n of Louisiana, the other day I was watch'n TV. Hot damn, it was a program bout Cajun an' zydeco music, what everbody know is the old Billy Bob's favorite music. Crank that shit loud as can be an' zone out. Foot stomp'n, knee slap'n....Yeee Haw!!!! But anyhows, I got to think'n. What better place to listen to cajun music than Louisana? I bet ya a buck I could find me a camp'n place in Louisiana, eat me up some awe-thentic Cajun foods, drink up some that strong ass chicory coffee an' listen to cajun music to my hearts content. I done been to New Orleans bout 4 times, so that's out. Open to suggestions.

Ok....got things to do....laters.       


14 comments:

  1. Check out Texaskayakfisherman for all the good fishing spots in La. then head that direction. The forum has quite a few La. yakkers who post there that could tell you the best areas. Look out for my relatives down in the delta swamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head on over to Bettie's RV Park in Abbevlle for a spell...lots of great company, good music, great food & plenty of beer. You need to be around people for awhile...now that I am older, I find the more alone I am, the more depressed I seem to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anon, that's exactly the kind of place I'm look'n for. Mainly for the food an' music.

      Delete
  3. There is something about that music that comes out of those swamps that just makes your foot want to stomp and stomp!!! Almost makes want to put my guitar away and get out the wash board. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billy Bob, one of the best things about Cajun and Zydeco music is that you don’t have to stay up too late to catch the best of it. Here are a couple of places that open by 8:00 a.m., require you to drink, and will feed you for a very modest price.

    Café des Amis, in Breaux Bridge, LA is open Saturday for Zydeco breakfast and always includes good live Zydeco. Saturday hours are 7:30 – 11:30 a.m. There is a $5 cover, but order breakfast and your cover covers the first $5 of your chow tab. On Sunday there is a live Zydeco Brunch 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
    Otherwise Des Amis is open Weds thru Sat 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Call ahead to make sure there will be live music when you plan to attend, unless it’s Saturday or Sunday.

    Ruby’s Café in Eunice, LA, has an ambitious menu that is based on Cajun/Asian/What the Hell fusion. It has no music but the food is crazy good, if a tad on the rich side.

    Fred’s Lounge in Mamou is so good they’re only open one day week between 8:00 a.m. and maybe 1:00 p.m. Saturday. Check out our blog LifeOntheBlueHighways.com for our story about a very recent visit to Fred’s.

    Fred’s Lounge is a must-visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's Anon again....I've been reading your blog for a few years now and always look forward to it. Sounds like I started something, so I hope to hear from you from Bettie's where you will be telling tales, listening to the music, pigging out on crawfish & belting down those cold beers...never know I may meet you there....LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speaking of Louisiana--how wierd--happens to be where we're at..campng at Chicot State Park just North of Ville Platte, La...found a great little pub on the west end of town on Hwy 167 called Gators..after 4PM they have homemade cajun dinners..WOW are they good..bought 5#'s of crawdad with corn & potatoes for $11..oughta last a few days..been lookin' for that flavor for awhile..one of the locals asked if we ever had boudin, a stuffed sausage. Hadn't..he says how about cracklin's?--nope, either..so out the door he goes and 20 minutes later he's back with both..tried to pay for it and he says no way!! Gotta love cajun hospitality !! Great time with the locals and greaat eatin'..maybe ya should try this place, just don't try it before 4PM cause that won't work. Charlie & Heather of RollingEarthquake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How a person develops a taste for chicory coffee is beyond me BB,I love coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Louisiana along with Cajun and Zydeco music will snap you out of this funk you have been in. Love Cajun people...they are fun, hospitable and their food is to die for.

    Who knows you might make the acquaintance of a Cajun lady and have a new travel companion. I say hit the road to Louisiana :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Louisiana, yes, love the area on the North shore around Abita Springs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am I the only person reading the posting today that could not find the first part of the story that BB shows as continued? Maybe it is my memory and his posting of May 3rd gone, poof just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved that video of the Sesame Street Zydeco Music.

    Nick was that you that posted it as Anonymous? Been a long time that I have not seen you post.

    ReplyDelete