?

?

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Walmart run

"OK Billy Bob, just take a look at what ya done went an' done". Ya see, it's like this, my security program, or what ever ya wanna call it, suggested I update. Since it was free, I click this button. Then I have to go back an' "fix" stuff what got messed up.

I had every intention yesterday to go to town. I'm talk'n, I was ready. Had on clean underdrawers, hair all slicked back, sandals all shined up....I was ready. Boy howdy, "I was ready" didn't last very long. Lately I ain't been want'n to go nowheres. Just sit on the couch look'n at a TV screen with nuttin on worth look'n at. The old Billy Bob is at a all time low in his life when he sits there watch'n cook'n an' garden'n shows all day long. Don't ya just love "Create TV"?

So now today, I got to go to town. Walmart that is. I got one day of meds left.....need refills. The closest Walmart is just down the road a piece bout 15 miles or so, but I have a choice of many Walmarts. One in Rockport. One in Aransas Pass. One in Portland. Bout a dozen in Corpus Christi (3 I think). And the closest in Calallen. When ya shop'n for drugs, you can go to any of 'em. Of course, I could use a few grocery items too. Get'n tired of eat'n moldy bread an' sour milk. I like the HEB here in Sinton, but they ain't got a bakery. I want some donuts. Ummmm....donuts!

I assassinated one them pesky sneaky little mice last night. I was sit'n there on the couch watch'n some crap on the TV an' I hear a "pop". What the hell was that? I check the mouse trap what I put under the dashboard an' there he was. A dead mouse in the trap. Stink'n little bastard ain't gonna be chew'n on MY wires no more. Now if'n I can just catch his brothers, sisters, cousins an' "in laws", I'll be happy. There's got to be an easier way.

Well, the humidity an' warm nights has finally hit the coastal bend. I know what it's like when this happens 'cause I lived here for 20 years. Ya don't sleep at night. Not with the a/c turn off anyhows. Last night was no exception. Think'n I would save a quarter, I turn the a/c off before go'n to bed. By 1:30am, I would have give a hunnert dollar to be comfortable. I get up, turn on the a/c an' sit on the couch till 4am watch'n more crap on TV. That why I didn't get up this morn'n till 9:30. Sheesh, I got me one excit'n life.

Ok....clean underdrawers, a fresh shirt an' Wranglers, sandals all shine up, hair all slick back in a ponytail....let's go to Walmart. No, Sadie Mae don't get to go. Too hot to leave her in the car even with the winders roll down. It's summer in south Texas.   




11 comments:

  1. Yep turned on the ac when I got to town and it will stay turned on until I leave town. It helps keep the inside of the Castle dry also. I am gonna have AC even if I have to go back to work to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't live in south east Texas without A.C. If'n you ain't got heat, you can wrap up in a blanket, but you can only take so many clothes off and it is still hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a matter of fact, yes ya can. Back when I were a bit younger, I spend bout 15 years with no a/c....and live through it. Then I live 7 years on a 41 foots sail'n boat with no a/c. Ya got to be tuff Dizzy, grin an' "bare" it, through thick an' thin. Bare mean'n...git neekid.
      Actually, God invented a/c for yankees 'cause they ain't accustomed to warm humid weather like on the Texas gulf coast.

      Delete
    2. I have lived in the East Texas ara for over the last 30 years and it isn't the heat that bothers me it is the combination of the high heat and humidity. Once the outside temperature reaches my body temperature (98.6) it really bothers me.

      Delete
  3. I'm fixin to turn on my swamp cooler. No humidity, but the sun is HOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really surprised that a swamp cooler would work where you live. I assumed....there's that word, that it was humid there. Learn something new from a woman almost every day.

      Delete
    2. There's a lotta things I could learn ya, Billy Bob. The swamp cooler is amazing, and practically costs nothing to operate.

      Delete
  4. "Learn something new from a woman almost every day."

    You shoudah used wimmens instead of a woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I could have done that, but it opens up a much bigger field. By using "woman", it narrows it down to one or two.
      Now assum'n I had used wimmins, there would be thousands of woman all over the internet think'n they could learn the old Billy Bob a thing or two.

      Delete
  5. I live in the South. Taking off clothes may make a person cooler, but there is no help for breathing in the humid heat unless I use an ac. Besides, I get heat rash like a baby, and that is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up in Houston, and we had no AC at home except in my parent's bedroom. None at school, either, just big stand fans and windows that opened. Slept next to an open screened window for years, and lived to tell about it. 14 days of no electricity after Ike reminded me what part of my childhood was like, but lived through that one, too. Now my house just has fewer, and taller windows.
    Billy Bob - wasn't that you complaining about the cold and wind just a few weeks ago - now it's hot - like this better?

    ReplyDelete