?

?

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Work'n hard at do'n nuttin

I hit a golf ball almost a mile yesterday. When I finally found the ball, I was still 300 yards from the green. I also hit a golf ball in the water. Stupit ball!!!

Other than the above, I had a very enjoyable afternoon yesterday. My drives were short of my anticipated driving distance, but as everbody know, I get to hit that damn little white ball again. Old farts golf is the same as professional golfers. Like what ya see on TV on the week ends. We play by the same rules. So why the hell ain't "we" on TV for a record number of balls "we" hit in the water or a record number of trees "we" hit in a single round??? I hit balls in the water an' I hit trees....I should be on TV. Golf should cost 5 cents.

I still ain't no further along with the Louisiana research project. I just can't seem to get excitis bout hook'n up "that jeep" to the back of "da house" an' driv'n a few hunnert miles just to listen to cajun music. I'm thinkn, no matter where I go, I'm gonna do exactly what I do now....nuttin. Not that "do'n nuttin" ain't excit'n.

I used to think "do'n nuttin" was just a easy way to be lazy. But it ain't like that at all. Do'n nuttin takes a lot of plan'n an' preparation. You know what I'm talk'n bout.....before ya can go sit on the couch an' do nuttin, ya got some chores ya gotta do first. Like ya gotta clean the couch off so's there room to lay down if'n a nap is necessary. That big ol' bag of trash has got to be toted to the dumpster. Dishes to wash up. Sweep the floor. Stuff like that ya know. Yup.....do'n nuttin is a all day affair. I think today I'll just "do nuttin".

If'n I was a few years younger, I might believe that old age only slows ya down. But I ain't a few years younger. Old age has put a "stop" to 90% of the things I used to do. You don't see me out there in the yard dig'n holes with a shovel do ya? Ya don't see me down there at the local dance hall whip'n it up with the young wimmins. That kinda stuff stopped a long time ago....bout the time I got too old. "Are ya whin'n bout be'n old again Billy Bob"? Ya damn right I am. This shit sucks. An' don't let nobody tell ya it don't.

Have any of ya been watch'n "The Voice"? Well, the old Billy Bob has an' I mean to tell ya, America has got some talented kids out there. I done got my sights set on two of 'em. They winners in my book. A little 16 years old country singer an' a little lady wear'n glasses what has got more energy than the law allows. Outstand'n performances. If'n I knowed how to operate a cell phone, I would vote for both of 'em. 

Speak'n of cell phones, I'm still use'n the same one I got way back in '03. It takes care of all my needs....talk to somebody. They got cell phones now days what all ya gotta do is think bout something an' that thing come alive.....do all kind of stuff. I hear ya can even take pictures with 'em. They come in all shapes an' forms from the size of a pack of smokes all the ways up to a mid size suitcase. What's next???

Ok, I ain't got nuttin to talk about. I'm out of here....got things to do ya know. Laters.

14 comments:

  1. Got hooked on the Voice the first season,,and there's just too many fantastic ones this year,,,how do u make up your mind? Love that one with the glasses too. If I voted, would have to vote for just about all of em...lololol. Hate to see who will be eliminated this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voting for all of them is unpatriotic. If'n everbody voted for all of 'em, there wouldn't be no winners.
      I know what ya mean bout hating to see who will be eliminated. But they "got to go". I'm think'n the girl in glasses will be a finalist....what ya think?
      I'll be watch'n.

      Delete
    2. I think so too. And, that chubby one too.

      Delete
  2. My wife Googled the music you are looking for and there are plenty of places that play it live here in Texas. Let your fingers do the walking on your computer keys before you drive way over there in them swamps look'n for washboard players. I still have one of those old cell phones that only act like a phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you know....Texas Cajun is different than Louisiana Cajun? Bout the same as Texas lakes are different from Louisiana lakes. Texas fish talk with a southern drawl an' Louisiana fish....ya cain't understand a thing they say.
      That's the difference Dizzy, ya gotta go to Louisiana to listen to cajun music.

      Delete
    2. There are a lot more alligators and snakes in Louisiana.

      Delete
  3. You mean you don't get paid to chase those little white balls? Is there at least a reward when you can chase one all the way across the lake and bring it in for interrogation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gitting older is a lot better than not gittin older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. butterbean carpenterMay 7, 2013 at 6:43 PM

    Howdy #1 BB,
    There's a family of Cajun music makers in Eunice, LA that make LOTS OF GOOD CAJUN MUSIC, I GARONTEE, ON YOU TUBE (OFM) GOOGLE Cajun Music and their name & faces appear Papa, Mama, 2 Boys, 1 can sure enuff fiddle!!! The papa-man builds them little Cajun squeeze-boxes and can play it FO' SHO' !!! They also put on a Fais dodo sometime and serve gumbo, etouffee and other Cajun food!!! I'm agonna YT 'em up 'rat now'... AIIEEEEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. butterbean carpenterMay 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM

    PAGE 2

    IT'S THE SAVOY FAMILY BAND!!! AIIIEEEEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need a young girlfriend (in the 60 year range) to inject some life in you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep one of them younger wimmin to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hermit's Baby SisMay 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM

    Billy Bob -

    Download Pandora to your computer. It's free, and you can listen to any kind of music, as much as you want, anytime you want, with no commercials. Just type in a kind of music, like Zydeco, or an artist, like the Zydeco Dots (popular here in Houston), and then bingo! They will even suggest other artists or songs along the same genre lines for you. My non-tech savy hubby loves it, and uses it on his Kindle all the time, like while he's in the shower (not with the Kindle in the water. He IS savy enough for that!). Give it a try....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can find any kind on Youtube, and do.

    ReplyDelete