?

?

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ain't nuttin to write

12.65 volts
13.02 volts
12.72 volts
13.20 volts.
If you figger that stuff out, you let me know soon as possible. I spend a dad gum 2 hour follow'n wires yesterday. Who ever hear of runn'n every single 12 volt wire to the front of a motorhome an' then runn'n the damn thing back to where it start from? These are big wires, like ya find on a earth mover Caterpillar bull dozer. I ain't figger nuttin out.

Check them solar panels out yesterday. We good to go on them suckers. New charge controller will be here Friday....Yeeee haw!!! BUT....as you can see from the above, we have a voltage issue. I love this kind of shit.

Now....somebody mentioned golf. Don't go blam'n the old Billy Bob, it weren't me. I'm think'n somewheres around 11am Wednesday morn'n would be a perfect time to swak some golf'n balls. See ya there.


 

12 comments:

  1. With that new solar controller, you should be set to go again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on if all the other systems are work'n correctly. The doo-hicky under the hood, with the three solenoids, fuse block an' a hunnert wires is still be'n investigated. Somewhere there is a "load" an; I ain't found it yet.

      Delete
  2. Are those voltage displays different times, different batteries or different locations?
    I've been having battery issues and replaced one yesterday, voltage drop in under a minute after charging, 13.3 -.2-..1 -12.9 -.8-.7 and down to 11.5 when I pulled the meter and got a new battery. Battery was only 7 years old and the previous one, the original, lasted over 10 years. This was from my "95 ford Explorer which has 2009,000 miles with original starter and alternator so I checked everything before the battery.
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure 5 years on a vehicle battery is a good deal...

      Delete
    2. Hi Mickey....them voltage reading was different locations at the same time....with the converter turned on.

      Delete
  3. A different load on any of the circuits will cause a voltage drop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all the problems you seem to have with this motor home, have you ever considered letting a RV certified mechanic/electrician/fixer run down the problems for you? It may be cheaper in the long run

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have problems with "Sally da house". I MAKE problems. Truth be known, I could show them certified RV repair people a thing or two. Their expertise is "basic".

      Delete
  5. Heck, I thought the point of the motorhome is to keep BB off the streets and out of trouble! If he hired it done, what would he do all day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my girl. She know all bout why I do my own repairs an' fixes.

      Delete
    2. Don't forget the " You Dummy Why Did You Do That" 's that help keep you awake.

      Delete
  6. I think Sadie is inviting all her friends over and watching cat videos while you are sleeping..or out on da porch......Just a thought..
    David

    ReplyDelete