?

?

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Fish, pinto beans an' fried taters

I hope ya didn't wager too much on whether the old Billy Bob would go shop'n or not. Ya see, it were so cold outside, even Sadie Mae refused to go out an' chase them damn cats. No....I stayed home in a nice warm house ("Sally da house"). The weather forecasts predict temps in the 70's an' 80's in a few days....shop'n can wait.

By the way, the sun is shinn'n, 55 degs....what a beautiful day.

So, what's on the agenda? Ha, that's a silly question....there ain't nuttin on the agenda. As long as it's cold outside, I ain't gonna do nuttin. I ain't gonna go nowheres. I'm just gonna sit here an' bitch bout how cold it is outside.

But.....Falcon Lake is just down the road a piece. I been sit'n here think'n bout all them big fish down there, just wait'n for the old Billy Bob to catch 'em up. The "bubba boat" is all legal again with a secondary back-up battery an' a new registration on it. I got me a brand new fish'n reel, two fish poles...an' a mouth full of assorted worms. What could go wrong? "Well Billy Bob, ya could sink ya know". No smok'n in the "bubba boat". Betcha somebody remember that fiasco

Ya see, I was out there in deep water fish'n....with a smoke hang'n out my lips. Fish on. I rares back on my fish pole, knock that smoke clean out my lips an' burn a hole in the "bubba boat". Pooof, just like that, my ass is get'n wet...I'm sink'n.
Inks Lake 2011.


Did I ever tell ya bout the time....me an' wife #1 jump in my little fish'n boat. We got a pound or two of dead shrimps, 1 fish pole....an' some string (twine). Off in the distance I see "bait fish" jump'n in the water...scrambl'n for their lives. "Thar's fish in them thar waters". I puts a little piece of shrimp on my hook an' toss it out. I ain't catch nuttin. Meanwhile, wife #1 is put'n a hook on that string. She put a shrimp head on there....an' toss it out. Sheesh, you cain't catch no fish with a string an' a shrimp head....BAM, wife #1 has a fish on. She catch up a whole bunch of "speck" an' I ain't catch'n nuttin. We trade fish poles....by demand. "Gimme that string". Now she catch'n up fish on my fish pole an' I ain't catch nuttin on that damn piece of string. Well, I'll take credit for all the big 'uns. We run slap out of shrimps bait, it's time to call it a day. Over 80 pounds of fresh spotted sea trout slung over my shoulder, we head for home an' two hours of clean'n big ol' fish. Texas City dike 1968....give or take a year. Yum yum....fresh fried fish, pinto beans an' fried taters. Ya cain't beat that with a stik.

 

6 comments:

  1. Now that sounds like another good fish story.
    It will get warm soon, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually George, this is one of wife #1's favorite fish stories. After 45 years, she still brings it up....than laughs her assbutt off.

      Bout two more days an' we gonna have some nice warm weather. .

      Delete
  2. It has been colder in Falcon Heights than here in APass. Stupit weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not too surprised that the "girlie" half of your team caught all the fish! You had some good eatin' there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't catch 'em ALL....just the little ones. I catched the BIG 'un's.

      Delete
  4. you always say you. catch the big ones. LOL.

    ReplyDelete