?

?

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Got a new fish reel

I don't know bout anybody else, but I ain't gonna do a damn thing today. I had every intention of pick'n up my camp, hook'n up "that jeep" an' go'n over to the 277 North campground. Then I got to think'n...."why would I want to do that"? So, guess what, today I ain't do'n nuttin.

I got me a half full tank of gray water what needs dumped, before it runs out in my shower. That means my fresh water tank is get'n low. So I need fresh water too. Up the road a piece is a dump station an' fresh water place. If I decide to change camps, that's the time to do it....when I go to the dump station.

Brrrrr.....boy howdy!!! I wake up this morn'n an' it's 45 degs outside....an' not much warmer inside. Ya see, I left some winders wide open again last night. Now I ain't say'n it's miserable outside, but dad gums it, the wind is blow'n a hunnert mile a hour. A chilly wind right bout 62 degs.  I don't do wind ya know.

Now. Bout that new fish'n reel. Oh wait, I didn't tell ya bout that yet did I? Well ya see, me an' Sadie Mae jump in "that jeep" an' head off to town to Walmart.....my favorite fish'n stuff store. I look at their selection of fish'n reels. Holy crap, they ain't got nuttin but kiddie stuff......girlie reels. That when I spy a rod an' reel made for a man. A Abu Garcia Silver Max....the whole frickin rig. Hot damn, that the one I want. OH OH, a missing part.....now what I gonna do? Simple.....jump back in "that jeep" an go to the True Value hardware store an' see what they got to offer. Billy Bob buys his self a brand spank'n new Abu Garcia Silver Max fish'n reel.
Now that's what Im talk'n bout. That sucker gonna catch me up a great big ol' fight'n bass fish.....or possibly a log. Yup, it's catches logs. I loads it up with 10 pound test Triline Big Game fish'n string. About that Silver Max fish'n rig at Walmart. I got to think'n, I sure do like that rig. Maybe I should buy it an' order a replacement part. Have me a spare reel an' a nice new fish pole.

A short drive down to the fish'n hole from OFM Barneys campsite, I'm all excitis. There's a whole bunch of people fish'n in my hole, so I takes a walk up the banks, throw'n lures in the water. I ain't catch me nuttin....but a couple old logs. Whoa, stop the presses.....I got a fish on!!! Ain't a great big 'un, but it's a real live fight'n sum a gun. Silver Max is do'n it's thing. Wind that fish right up to the shore......poooof, he's gone, just like that. I was gonna release him anyhows....no loss.

Speak'n of fish fries an' eat'n up fresh catched fish....stuff like that....Walmart has a good selection of already cleaned an' ready to eat fish. I don't eat bass fish, but I'm think'n one cooked up on the grill.....well, maybe just onest. Season that sucker up with some creole seasoning, salt an' pepper....what could go wrong? Probly cut a finger off clean'n that sucker.

Talk'n bout walk'n up the lake banks....I don't walk. I walk bout a quarter mile. My back hurts, my feet hurts an' I ain't go'n no further. An' I still got to walk back. Oh God feet, don't fail me now. By the time I get back, I cain't breath....somebody give me a light. Git out my way, I got to sit down. Walk'n wear me slap out.

I get back to "da house". I take me not one, but two 500mg aspirins. Lays down on the floor. Damn, it's hot in "da house", I got to go outside. I lays down on one them picnic bench thingys, but almost fall slap off that thing when I doze off. Throws me a couple fat hot dogs on the Weber an' I'm done for the day.

 

10 comments:

  1. daddy, why did you walk so far? you need to look over your terrain before heading off . and maybe find a closer fishing hole, or you gonna be wearing that suit you posted a couple days ago. SHARP'n your HOOK!!!! lol... Big bass aren't good for eat'n , now the small ones are good, YUM... Sure wished I was there to help you out with all the heavy lifting. did you put the talking smoke thingy up, you probably chunk it out when that thingy starts yelling at you for smoking in Da' House. lol... Okay love you and take care and be SAFER!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother-in-law fried the best bass, catfish and crappies ever. Now I just eat fish from the Pacific Ocean (Alaska) because no one around here fishes for the little stuff that I know of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gypsy those fish from Pacific are polluted from that friking nuke plant in Japan. Fukasuma is worst than Chenobl. The news media are not reporting it.Rupert Murdock and Time Warner and Clear Channel think its bad for business. The Elumanitie wins again.

      Delete
    2. Gypsy (or anyone else) have a fish recipe so fish doesn't taste so bland?

      Delete
    3. Soak fish in milk about 2hrs to get fishey taste out of it.Season with southwesr spice pan sauté in coconut oil..

      Delete
    4. If you have to soak the fish for about 2 hours then you need to do this in the refrigerator.

      Delete
  3. The bass is better and healthier than a hor dog with artificial colors and nitrates. Inflammation is caused the food you eat.Eat more greens brother. You will live longer and be healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well heck still looks like you had yourself a fun day, even if you wore out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you BB I don't eat my Bass or Perch but love the hell out of my Crappies, even brought me a electric fillet knife for doing 20 or 30 at a sitting....Glad your out catching fish and remember if you get to the shore or the boat it counts...

    ReplyDelete