?

?

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I'm happy

Sooo..... my lifestyle is different than yours....an' "I'm a redneck". What of it? Don't be try'n to change the old Billy Bob 'cause it ain't gonna happen. I am who I am an' I are what I is.

Yup, we have a problem Houston. Now, depending where you got your information from or where I got my information from, these freak'n batteries just ain't right. Well maybe the batteries are an' maybe the solar panels are, an' maybe the charge controller are, but something is eat'n all my stored energy from the batteries. I ain't no battery expert or nuttin like that, but I do know when ya ain't got nuttin turned on, ya ain't using no power. This problem is get'n old. I been fight'n it for way too long....why are my batteries go'n down ever night (12.21 last night)? I got me some investigat'n to do.

"Yo Billy Bob, ya remember that automatic battery-change-over thingy you almost burn slap up"? "You talk'n bout that set of solenoids an' circuit board fuse block thingy"? Yeah I remember that well. Sparks an' smoke...right? Burn my screwdriver slap up. But I thought I fix that. 

Ok, another miserable look'n day outside this morn'n. Just exactly like it was yesterday morn'n. Don't matter how ya look at it, it ain't a good start of a beautiful day. I had plans for today....like go swak some golf'n balls.

Have ya ever been somewheres ya really like? Ya feel comfortable? That's where I am now. Del Rio, Texas, camped at "Billy Bob's tree" in the NRA San Pedro campground. Right long side what used to be a lake. As long as the Park Rangers ain't got it in their mind to kick me out, I'll stay right here.

Now I ain't say'n I ain't gonna go camp somewheres else. I been think'n bout that. I look on my Rand McNally GPS (road atlas) device an' shoot, there ain't nowhere I would rather be. I can go fish'n in any direction from "da house". I can ride the "billy bike" around the campground (no hills). I can swak all the golf balls I want, to an' not come close to hit'n another camper (I'm the only one here). It's just a hop skip an' a jump to go visit Barney. What more could a man want?

I finish that book last night. Boy howdy, it was a good 'un. Max Braun, Deadwood.   


8 comments:

  1. I seem to get in challenging battery things also but mostly after the sun drops in the fall. Remember that your frig uses power for the logic board and the longer the nights get the more power it uses. also, my gas detector system uses a lot of power, to the point that I sit it off. I only have 400 watts of solar and that is enough in summer but I could use more in winter.
    I replaced a 8D AGM battery that was only two years old in winter but found it to take and hold charge for months after it was out, I put it back in recently and it seems to be holing with limited sun.
    Hope you can find cause of discharge, mine are usually around 12.2 or .3 by morning with only led lights and frig being the draw.
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frige in no way can draw my batteries down that far.....we talk'n miliamps. I run two 11 watt lights in the evenings....not much of a draw. Only run the computer during sunlight.
      *scratch'n head".....

      Delete
    2. Do you have a three way frig? Mine switches to 12 Volt when batteries get to 13.1 vilt and that is a big draw and might prevent the batteries from getting fully charged, especially with short days. I'm guessing that you use incandescent lights and that does draw quite a bit with longer nights. I have led's and florescent which I seldom use but if I do use florescent I notice a higher draw and lower voltage in the morning.
      Mickey

      Delete
  2. I am glad to hear you like where you are right now, and I hope those rangers just let you be for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No reason for them to run you out, especially if you are the only one there! Good luck on staying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't need a reason, they got RULES. When you are confronting the government you are not dealing with reason, you are dealing with RULES. Maybe BB will get lucky and they will overlook the rules.

      Delete
  4. Its a episode of twilight Zone. There is a electric eating monster outsde beware.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BB, you might want to check the dash radio isn't on but turned down, I found mine like that one time. It has Travel or Parked switch that allows use when parked with the ignition off. I also found a storage compartment light on that wasn't visible during the day. If you have them... you might check the heated mirrors switch too. I do but haven't found it on when it shouldn/t be, How about an under the hood light?

    Gary

    ReplyDelete