?

?

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Get'n stuff done....maybe

Boy howdy, I got me so much stuff to do today, I probly won't get it all done till tomorrow.

That windershield washer tank thingy I was talk'n bout, well, I climb up under "da house" an' pull that thing slap out. Dad gum rusty bolts like to never come out. Nowheres on that tank is there a name or a part number. Just a big ol' water jug with a little pump on it. Thanks to Google and some of the RV'n forums, I was able to locate one. In Oreygon. So that got to be ordered today.

While I was up under "da house" my baseball cap fall off'n my head. Didn't think nuttin of it.....until I went look'n for it. You ain't never gonna guess..... That damn goat fount it an' took off with it. I catched him just before he start chew'n on it. Yes, I had to run to catch up to him. Have ya ever see a old man chas'n a goat? Not a purty picture.

Well, I done had it with this slooooow internet. I'm gonna do something even if it ain't right. Ya see, I got me a little antenna up there on the roof. When I first put it up there, it helped me get a decent signal. But it don't no more. So I went antenna shop'n on Google. Holy cows, so many choices. Note: Nephew Joseph has a Wilson trucker antenna in his pick up. Barney the OFM has one too. Anyhows, I hook up to that Wilson antenna yesterday, but I only got one extra bar....went from no bar to 1 bar. So I probly gonna get me a trucker antenna, even if it only give me one extra bar. Do ya know how much a antenna booster amplifier cost? Input greatly appreciated.

The next thing I got to do today is go my lazy buttocks to Home Depot an' buy a new thermostat. Either that or order me a brand spank'n new a/c unit. I'm think'n thermostat. I hate go'n to Home Depot....spend way too much on stuff I don't need.

Then I climb on that lawnmower....cut me some grass. Not that it really needed it, I just like tractors an' bulldozers.

Then I went outside an' swak up some golf balls....bout a dozen. Hit 'em over there in that vacant mesquite forest across the road. Somewheres in yesterdays activities, I over did something. Had me bout a hunnert leg cramps last night. Both kinds. The ones I get in the calves I can get rid of just by stand'n on my toes. But them other ones, they the killers. Make your toes stick straight up, tendon thingys tight like a drum....hurt like hell right up the front your leg. Only way to relieve them is to twist my back all around till I find a relief position. That take a good 30 minutes....an' bout 3 smokes. This morn'n, I hurt everwheres. 

I was gonna make me some pork fajitas out them pork rib thingys I burn up the night before. Here come Joseph with a plate full of yum yums. Pork chop, fried taters and corn. Well shoot, ya cain't beat that with a stik.

Ok, I'm off to the salt mines...git some stuff done. 
 *********************************************************************

Quick update on antenna. Hooked directly to the Wilson trucker antenna, signal increased to 2 bars. Then we hooked up to Josephs booster in the other truck. Holy crap....4 bars right now.....just like that.
Well....here goes another $3 or 4 hunnert dollar. Or I could settle for less DBgain for bout $200. 

12 comments:

  1. http://www.cablesandkits.com/wilson-811201-cellular-800mhz1900mhz-dualband-3-watt-p-7229.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is exactly what I'm look'n for in an amplifier....although this one is used.
      Headed for the antenna an' amplifier sell'n place here in just a sec.

      Delete
  2. I got 2 things to talk to you about
    #1--I told you last year how to stop those leg cramps and you don't listen, I know you think it's joke or something but it's for real. Works for the wife every time. when the cramps start take a tablespoon full of yellow mustard. in about 2 mins. they arre gone.

    #2--Contact RV Sue about her antenna for cell phone usage in remote areas. That Trucker by Wilson is OK but it only gives you 1 bar. Her system seems to work better.. Make your puter go hunnard miles a hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River.....
      #1 my leg cramps aren't regular everyday leg cramps. Mine are brought on by my smashed nerves in my lower back. But....just to make ya happy, I'll take a spoonfull of mustard every night. Mustard is cheap.

      #2 The antenna RVSue has is a directional antenna, has to be pointed. The trucker antenna is omnidirectional....no pointing required. Also has greater gain that hers.

      Delete
    2. You only need to take it when you get a cramp.

      Delete
  3. If the mustard helps you then I'll try it. I got the same both kinds of leg cramps you do. For an old man always complaining about doing nuttin', you sure have been busy! I'd like to have seen you chasing that goat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gypsy...my wife has had problems with leg cramps for years, a friend told us about the mustard trick and it works. She now keeps some of those little mustard packs like you get with a hot dog in her night stand.

      Delete
  4. ah, what a darling little burro; I want one! Never knew internet service needed or used an antenna. Learn something new ever day, don't we? You're chasing goat, I'm chasing my wily dogs, outsmarting me when I turn my back, then I'm exhausted today fighting with Century Link about my lack of internet service and another ungodly phone bill. Telling me their computers made the mistakes. Hmmph, tell me another whopper, I reply. Life is plumb erratic anymore. Gonna hide my head under the covers and wait for a better day tomorrow; like that's likely. Cramps often like you're having ain't normal Billy Bob. Sounds like your body is lacking "something"...maybe green stuff/foods? Just concerned is all I am. Is that burro on your place? Repeating - Oh, I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The answer to how much signal gain do you need is always MORE. Get as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture that jumped into my mind before I even read the rest of the sentence about you chasing that goat, was in a movie a long time ago, The Russians are Coming. There's an ol skinny man chasing a horse,,, and all during the rest of the movie, it shows him,,still chasing that horse. He was trying to catch it so he could tell everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You been busy for an old man doin' nuttin'. Get er all done then what?
    Hit the road again!

    ReplyDelete