?

?

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Scare hell out a truck

Yeee har....the old Billy Bob go'n down the road a hunnert mile a hour.

After I got out the shower, an' while I was still stand'n up, I decided to go outside an' roll up the awning, unhook the 'lectric an' water, an' go to town. The propane sell'n place is only bout 7 mile down the road an' the gas fill'n place is on the way back. Got 'er done in nuttin flat an' I'm back at "el Rancho Abraham". That was a refreshing little trip. Got me 22 gallon propane an' 49 gallon gasoline for $239.....gasoline at $3.489 a gallon.

While I'm back'n "Sally da house" back into her park'n spot, I look down at a little red light on the dash. "Auto Brake". Well, I know what that means.....the damn emergency brake is gonna lock slap up. I got me a "Shiverlet" Workhorse chassis sit'n under "da house" an' it got a automatic emergency brake on it. Ya turn the key off, emergency brake is set. Ya put it in park, the emergency brake is set. This is probly the safest emergency brake in the world......but, it has a drawback. If something go wrong, like the Auto Brake light come on, you ain't gonna move. Ya see, there's this little gizmo switch thingy what controls the high pressure pump. There's also another little gizmo switch thingy what goes out too. Either one break, you don't go nowheres. If'n ya own a Workhorse chassis, ya know exactly what I'm talk'n bout....the RGS...."rotten green switch" an' the dash light control switch. This is the 4th "rotten green switch" I change in 9 years. You always carry a spare. "Ok Billy Bob, where the hell is the spare rotten green switch"??? Ahh!!!....I ain't got one. It's on order from Amazon....be here next week.

Since we talk'n bout the rotten green switch, I'll give ya a little advice. Don't go to the local Chevy parts place. They gonna give ya a royal screw'n.....charge ya a arm an' leg. How do I know??? Well, I done that one time.....costed me a arm an' a leg. I got online an' order two of each switch from Amazon way more cheaper than one from Chevy place. 

So....what else did I do yesterday? Not a damn thing, but I did notice I got to work on the awning again. Dad gum thing need adjustment so's it will roll up into the lock position. Yesterdays trip, it was not in the lock position. That not good. Probly not safe neither....roll out an' slap a big ol' 18 wheeler in the other lane. Ha Ha....scare hell out that truck driver I betcha a dollar.

Speak'n of scare hell out a truck driver....I was driv'n down the interstate, just mind'n my own business ya know. I need to call my daughter an' tell her I be there in a hour. I'm fumbl'n round with them push buttons dial'n up her number...."AIR HORN....BAWAAAAA!!!!"....scare the liv'n shit out me. I looks up, I'm in the wrong lane, there's a great big ol' 18 wheeler truck in the center median....white smoke, dust, dirt an' grass fly'n all direction. That were one piss off truck driver.

I flings that damn cell phone all the ways to the back of "Alice"....my lesson was learned. Damn, I could'a kilt somebody. I ain't never touch a cell phone again while I'm go'n down the road do'n a hunnert mile a hour.

I was sit'n there in the edge the couch last night do'n a few back exercises. There's creek'n an' crack'n go'n on back there...an' that when I got to think'n....."You messed up Billy Bob". Of course that got me to think'n bout when I didn't have back problems. If this is what I got to look forward to for the rest of my life, what good am I? My back is done ended all the things I used to like to do.....dance, chase wimmins, run, walk'n (hikes), dig'n dirt, bicycle ride'n, climb'n up the side a mountain.....dang, this sucks.
But anyhows, since I start do'n these back bend'n exercises, I been sleep'n at night. Maybe in a few weeks I can start chas'n wimmins again.

Ok....got things to do....outside in the heat. Laters....!!!

14 comments:

  1. I see yo got your priorities straight! That chasin' number one on the list!

    But like the dog chasing a car...what are ya going to do when ya catch one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, like H.J. said above. Of course if you do catch one you will probably put your back out again. Don't you ever learn? (grin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ain't pay'n no 'tention to you an' that old hermit Jim. I knows how to teach wimmins to cook, do da dishes, sweep an' mop the floors, operate them complicated warsh'n machines....sheesh, I'm just gonna sit back an' watch.

      Delete
  3. 'pears to me from these words 'This is the 4th "rotten green switch" I change in 9 years' you are getting a royal screwin' anyway. Why would these switches go out so often.

    Don't listen to them old fellers above; double up on them back exercises!

    gosh, what a passel o' money to spend on gas. turrible these days what ever thing costs. Lucky you though able to pay. I gotta stay put all time an losin my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon, I rekon the reason they go out so offen is it's in their design to fail every two years. These things have 1600 pounds of fluid pressure on 'em. Ain't much stuff will work long under them kind of pressure.

      Yeah, what the hell do "old fellers" know. Doubl'n up!!!

      The ways I see it, if'n ya wanna play, ya got to pay.
      Sorry ya gotta stay put all the time. I'm los'n mine too....

      Delete
  4. Good to see your up and around. just read you issues with those switchs on that workhorse frame of yours. Last time I needed a part that opens the back tailgate door on our Chevy Blazer I went to GM and they had the part for almost $200.which is the whole elect lock, well all I needed was a small plastic stricker gizmo which they will not sell to you.
    Some one suggested I check Rock Auto .Com and they had the part for $1.89 each so I ordered 2..still got one if you need it I sold the car several years ago. Check that web site great prices and fast shipping (about a hunnerd miles an hour).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy River....good to see ya again. Everbody that got a Workhorse chassis with AutoBrake, know all bout them "rotten green switches". Think I'm kid'n??? Google RGS.....horror stories.

      I try to buy everthing from Amazon. I'm all set up for 1 click shop'n an' git my stuff in a couple three days. Most time I don't pay no ship'n neither.

      Delete
  5. Whatcha gonna do when you catch one, Billy Bob? Keep doing those exercises and getting in shape and then you can find out. Me, I'm getting my upper arms in shape and if I'm ever down your way I'm gonna challenge you to some arm rasslin! Probably kill us both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to warn ya Gypsy, I used to hold the Texas "ladies arm rassl'n championship" belt.

      Delete
    2. Were you holding it while it was wrapped around the lady?

      Delete
    3. jajajajajajaja...you guys are too funny!

      Delete
  6. ...like I told my son ... it only takes ONE time to get distracted with that damn cell phone texting ... glad you and the driver escaped that one!

    hahaaa a Gypsy and Billy Bob arm wrestling match ... be quite a crowd drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you it only took you one time to learn your lesson. I don't think kids these days learn even when they lose friends in cell phone/texting accidents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You luck with that cell phone for sure, learned you lesson.
    Like the price of you gas $4.91 a gallon here in Ontario Canada, can't wait to cross the border in October, cheap gas and cheap beer!

    ReplyDelete