?

?

Monday, July 15, 2013

I rode the "billy bike"....yeee haw!!!!

Yesterday morn'n I was think'n, maybe I should go outside an ride that "billy bike". I need the exercise ya know. Been sit on my ass too long. It were only 80 some degs out there an' I don't have to ride very far.....just a spin up the road an' back.

Sit'n over there....is a bag full of golf ball swak'n clubs. I look at the sky, it's cloudy, no sunshine bear'n down. Hmmmmm....maybe I should go play a round of golf instead of pump'n that "billy bike" down the street. One of the other, I'm gonna get me some exercise.

Well shoot, the golf course is closed yesterday. Member tournament go'n on. Why didn't they tell me before I got all my golf'n clothes on and drive all that way just to find out they closed.

Last night, I went outside an' jump on that "billy bike"....head up the street. Ain't no hunnert mile a hour on this trip. We go so slooooow I thought I was gonna fall slap over. Well shoot, this ain't so hard. I go a little over a quarter mile, my legs are feel'n a little funny now. I turn around an' go back home. I rode the "billy bike"....yeeee haww!!!
 
Well, this morn'n is a retake of yesterday morn'n weather wise. Not too hot an' cloudy. I'm gonna go to the golf course an' try out that new Cobra Amp driver. Get me some exercise too.
Be back laters.....
************************************************************************

Afternoon update....

Before I get too engrossed in tell'n ya bout golf, I should update on the new Verizon air card and the Wilson booster. I couldn't be more pleased with a air card. This thing is like fast. Kind of like the nice guy at Verizon say to me....it's 10 times faster. Well, I didn't know that when I bought it....or upgraded as they call it. So I also bought me a Wilson signal booster an' a Wilson trucker antenna for when I get camped out where there is little signal. Like when I'm in Del Rio. Anyhows....it don't work with the air card. Same signal with it on or off. Still do'n some online research, so stay tuned.

The other problem I have with the new air card is the little manager program that runs it. When I turn on the computer, with the air card in the slot, the little manager thingy pops up so I can turn the air card on...connect to the internet. After a couple minutes, that little manager thingy is gone....pooof, just like that. Never come on again. No way to turn the air card off now.

Ok, first rule in golf.....hit the ball in the fareway. It's kind of like eat'n a taco. There are rules to that too.
Today I showed up at the golf course way before it got hot. Tee up my ball on the first tee box. Take that brand new Cobra driver an' knock hell out that ball. Damn, I'm in the fareway, way the hell an' gone bout a mile or so. Well, maybe closer to a couple hunnert yards or something like that. This happen for the next 8 holes, in the fareway every drive. Today I fount out that hitting your second shot from the fareway greatly improves your score.

 
A delicious meal was in order after a great round of golf. Went to the local Mexican food eat'em up. With a full belly, made my way to HEB (grocery store) an' pick me up some junk to throw on the grill. Was slap out of bread an' milk....dog food for Sadie Mae. Now I'm ready for a short nap....or two.

20 comments:

  1. Exercise is good, so they tell me. I really prefer sitting on the couch. . . of course now that you reminded me that I need some exercise, maybe I will try to get some. Got to sit here and think and wonder about it some before doing any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Dizzy, when ya get my age, you gonna wished you had listen to the old Billy Bob. Don't do as I do, but do what I tells ya. Exercise is good!!!!

      Delete
  2. Is there an update on an antenna, booster, etc? Not that I want to hear about going up on the roof,,,R U CRAZY? lololol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For you Troube, I will tell all bout it in this afternoons update.

      Delete
    2. Ok,, read the update, thx. Now,,go get some exercise,,,lol.

      Delete
  3. You are getting to be a exercise fool! Next thing you need is to find a place to do some fishing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bout the only exercise I got all week was climb'n up there on the roof a few times. I'm think'n a 1/4 miles bike ride ain't considered exercise.

      Delete
  4. Glad you're finally getting some use out of that Billy Bike. If you ride it often you won't get the funny feelings in your legs so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Gypsy, one ride on the "billy bike" ain't exactly get'n use out of it. Had no ill feel'ns this morn'n. Gonna probly ride it again one these days.

      Delete
  5. Whats the number Billy Bob???? Did it work for you last night with a good night sleep, remember right that number for the next time it get all messed up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well shoot Joey, when I bought this dad gum Number mattress, I got the cheap one....with no numbers. I have to guess. Just push the uppity an' downity buttons until it feels good.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the new club. It must be really nice golf to play from the fairway but it is cooler in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was try'n my derndest to hit 'em in the trees, but the fareway got in the way. I did find the trees when I fell apart on the back nine. Three pars made up for the three doubles.

      Delete
  7. Was wondering if you had the leg cramps last night? Maybe small amounts of exercise until your adjusted to it, is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kristine, no cramps last night. But.....I played a round of golf today.

      Delete
  8. butterbean carpenterJuly 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM

    Howdy #1 BB,

    I FOUND SOMETHING I DON'T THINK YOU'RE AGONNA LIKE...TAKE A LOOK AT THIS WEATHER REPORT

    http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/hpcdiscussions.php?disc=pmdspd

    YOU MAY WANTA HOLD OFF ON JOINING THE OFM AND PLAYING ANY 'COW-PASTURE POOL' FOR A WHILE UNTIL ALL OF THE ROADS GET DRY UP THERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good that you got out on that Billy Bike, even a little exercise is better than none, keep at that and golfin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Billy Bob, Last year when I got my new aircard (MIFI) (Verizon) it was 4G and very fast, so fast that I was using waaaay over my 5 gig limit on data. Cost me $90 a couple of times. You might want to check your usage a few times so you don't get a surprise like I did. Good Luck!

    Max from Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BB look at the bottom right corner of your screen on the Task Bar. Depending on how your computer was set up there may be the Time & Date then some Icons for Volume and your Battery Charge plus an Icon for Internet connection either using AirCard or WIFI.
    If you do not see it there then open the Charm Bar and select Settings. This is where the Power Icon is as well as other PC Settings; look for a Network Icon.
    By clicking on the Network Icon you can open close the Aircard or Wifi locations. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete