?

?

Saturday, July 20, 2013

I ain't no computer guru

Ok, got that "billy bike" all lubricated, gears work'n, air in the tires....let's go for a ride. An' that exactly what I do. I go up the road almost bout a 1/4 mile.....that's it, I got to get back to "da house". This shit hurts my legs. But I ain't gonna give up, I have a goal to ride all the way to the end of the road....an' back.

Ok, back to reality. I'll probly never make it to the end of the road on that dad gum bicycle. Not that it's very far or anything like that, I just ain't got the energy to do it. Bicycle ride'n in 2013 ain't nuttin like it used to be way back when I was younger. Many years ago, I was a bicycle ride'n fool. Drag race with 'em. Ride down the side a mountain. Put skid marks all over sidewalks. Weren't nuttin to go on a 20 mile ride out in the country....go'n bout a hunnert mile a hour. Now if I can only make it to the end of the road an' back.

With all new technology, it take some get'n used to. Ya got to figger out the "in's an' outs" of it. Kind of like when I first start us'n Windows 8. What I still ain't used to, but it's what I got, so's I use it. Then there's the new Verizon air card. What I still ain't got used to yet. I done give slap up on try'n to make the manager program work. Why the hell are all these young kids (computer device genius') try'n to drive old folks crazy? Most old folks are set in their ways....if it works, leave it alone. Grrrrrrr............!!!

Well it looks like the nice weather will be gone next week. I been enjoy'n to cooler temps. (80's), but all good things must come to a end....or so it seems. Upper 90's an' possible triple digit temps forecast. The rains have been welcomed by most everbody. Too late for the farmers, but maybe the lakes of Texas will benefit. In my book, that's the only good thing bout rain. Make the fishes happy....yeah!!!!

Almost time for another Walmart run. Cain't believe I'm almost out of drugs again. Gas prices are on the rise again, an' "Sally da house" has only a 1/4 tank. There go another $150 to 175 for a fill up (45 to 50 gallon). "What the hell ya need gas for Billy Bob, you ain't go'n nowheres". Well, there could be a hurricane ya know. Gotta be prepared don't ya think?

Speak'n of be'n prepared, there's such as thing as be'n over prepared. On my first trip to Calif. from south Texas.....in "Alice" my first motorhome, I toted bout 300 pounds of groceries with me. We, me an' first mate Vickie Lynn, pack can goods under the couch, in cabinets, drawers....any unused space we could find. The freezer had to be duct taped closed. What the hell was I think'n? Like there ain't gonna be no grocery stores in Calif.? Upon return to south Texas, there was still bout 200 pounds of groceries. Cans of corn an' green beans was run'n out our ears. Sheesh.....never do that again.

That got me to think'n bout Gypsy's upcom'n camp'n trip to New York. How she gonna get all that stuff in her Highlander an' still have a tiny little space to lay down for a nap? I hope she finds room for her computer so I can follow along on her trip. I get all excitis bout stuff like that ya know. 

Speak'n of "Alice", she was a 1989 Tiffin Open Road 30 foot motor home. Loved that old gal.

Biggest problem with "Alice" was, she had a drink'n problem. For such a little girl like she was, she drink too much. Had to stop an' buy her some more drink bout every 2 hunnert mile or so. When she drink too much, she start cough'n, spit'n an' sputter'n....make a fool of herself, almost pass out a few times. That would be "run out of gas" for those that ain't catched on yet. Couldn't stay on her own side the road, stagger'n an' sway'n from one lane to the other. She was plumb skeered of big ol' 18 wheel trucks.....head off to the ditches on the side the road ever time one pass us. A little side wind would make her uneasy on her feet. I'm think'n "Alice" was a dad gum gasaholic. 
 

That's it for today. Horses are do'n fine. That damn goat ain't been eat'n my stuff. Sadie Mae is happy. I guess that make me happy. Laters..... 

10 comments:

  1. That '89 looks pretty good. Did you tow a car with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Towed the "little red bronco" bout 15,000 miles with it. Didn't even know it was back there. Sometimes I wished I had 'em both back.

      Delete
  2. I see why you liked "Alice" so much. A beautiful gal with a nice shape. Eh? It is hard to handle gasaholics or any other kind of 'holic'. Dang gas here has shot up almost 34 cents in three days but whatcha gonna do, 'cept accept it or stay at home.

    At least you trying with the bike; I doubt I could even get astraddle one anymore. Old age sure stinks1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it of not Sissy, I still have dreams bout "Alice". Good dreams. At 6.2 miles a gallon, "Alice" had to go. Her hips an' thighs were get'n kind of weak also.

      Ha to that damn "billy bike". That sucker make me hurt ever time I climb on it. Gonna keep it up just to see.....maybe I can work up to a pain free ride.

      Delete
  3. When I started walking every evening I was whupped after a mile. In about a week I decided to go a little farther, and I couldn't believe how much easier the 2nd mile was, so hang in there and keep at it. I am wondering the same thing about how I'm gonna pack all my belongings in the Highlander and have room for me. The night before I'll just load it all up and whatever doesn't fit stays behind! I'll be sure and take my computer though I may not always have wifi coverage. If I do all the things I have planned I may just have to lay down and die when I crawl back home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billy Bob, I'm curious (yes, yellow, y'dirty ol' goat ;)) -- what is with that white cable running out of Alice's side window to the roof?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Wil....that there cable is a TV cable. Ya see, the other cable what was in under the ceil'n panels got it's self a short in it. There was a program what I was want'n to watch on the tv....walla, cable through the winder, up on the roof, hook up to the antenna.

      Delete
  5. I have had my 1989 Winnebago Chiefton for over 12 years. 8 miles per gal and handles like a dream on the road. Many winter trips to FL and Texas. No big problems. I love Inga !! You can see a picture of her on my blog.

    I just bought a 3 wheel bike.....want to try the bike trails here in the city

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad Alice had the problem, drinkin to much and staggering all over the place, she sure looked pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey there, the story of Alice was nice. you can take a ordinary story and turn it into a action/drama adventure. know she was a good ol gal. you had fun with her, and I know you caused her a time or two. but all and all she was good to you. okay, love you, going to dog track.

    ReplyDelete