?

?

Monday, July 8, 2013

Ho Hum, late again

Well, I got me a pretty good reason to be late again. I betcha a dollar I didn't git but 4 hour sleep last night. Every little thing wake me up. The wind was blow'n....my awning make noise, I wake up. The damn dogs was bark'n....I wake up. I git me some leg cramps....I wake up. I got puke in my mouth....I wake up.
Sadie Mae jump on me a few times....I wake up. It was NOT a good night.

Then guess what happen? It were right bout 4:30am, a hunnert mile a hour wind come by an' shake hell out "da house". That wake up then too. Then bout 5:30am, hear come the rain. Not a little sprinkle, but a bucket load of rain. Yes, I wake up then too. Sheesh, cain't a guy get a good nights sleep around here?

It's a really beautiful day out there. Was nice an' cool all morn'n long. Then the sun come out bout a hour or so ago an' that all change. 95 degs at 1pm. Dang it gets hot fast in Texas.

Remember that dad gum a/c I was tell'n ya bout the other day. Well, it went plumb berserk last night. Waked me up too. On off, on off, bout a hunnert times in bout a minute. So that what I gonna try to fix today. Replace a broke thermostat. "How comes ya think the thermostat is broke Billy Bob"? Well shoot, I weren't a a/c guy for 30 years for nuttin....I know. This exact same thing happen on the front a/c bout a year or so ago. I replace that thermostat an' it work just fine to this day. Up the street bout 6 mile is a a/c thermostat sell'n place. I be there in a minute hour or two.

The burros are back in the yard. Eat'n up grass an' weeds. Got a little burro puppy in tow. I ain't see him yet, but will post a pic when I do.

Ok, shower in the making. Then off to town. Yee Haw!!!....gonna git me a big ol' ice cream.   

11 comments:

  1. Made it out of AP right at 0915. No rain or wind to speak of. Bright sun and HOT. It is nice to be out of the salt air. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big ol' ice cream sounds good to me right now. I'll take a scoop each of chocolate and vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Boy let me tell ya...I got me one them Hogin Doss (Haagen Dazs) ice cream bars an' that sucker was some kind of good. Sadie Mae even thought it was good.

      Delete
  3. Most of the rain didn't get here, but we did get enough to cool it off and make the grass grow too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Boy, I really miss mowing the grass.

      Delete
    2. Well shoot Dizzy, I don't think "my" rain was meant for you. It was mine an' I ain't shar'n with nobody....an' that's a fact.

      Delete
  4. Ice cream maybe try and grill that on your Weber Q?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cain't grill ice cream....what the hell is matter with you George? But I do got me some chicken grill'n.

      Delete
    2. Ok thats' more like it love chicken!

      Delete
    3. If you can fry ice cream, how come you can't grill it?

      http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fried-Ice-Cream/

      Delete