?

?

Thursday, July 18, 2013

No internet.....Thought I was gonna die...

'Member when I was tell'n ya yesterday that I woke up in "grouchy mode"? Well long bout noon time, or somewheres round there, I was feel'n a whole bunch of better. No more holler an' scream'n at stuff....cuss'n an' stuff like that. But....at 1pm central daylight sav'n time, the internet went down......poooof, just like that.  No notification, nuttin, just shut down.

Have ya ever have a heart attack over something like a internet connection? I use to laugh when I hear somebody say...."I would die with out my internet". Well, there weren't no laugh'n yesterday. In fack....I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. I had that signal booster fired up, three bars in the connection thingy.....but no internet. I'm furious. This dad gum brand spank'n new Verizon air card ain't work'n. I spend hours delete'n all the Verizon stuff on my computer and reinstall'n the manager program. No freak'n internet. I restore my computer back to the day I first install this air card. No internet. I'm really frustrated now. So's I call Verizon. Oh holy crap.....animated phone conversation. Never talk to nobody, just a freak'n computer on the other end.

I jumps in "that jeep", computer and air card in hand....head off to town. Park in the HEB park'n lot, insert the air card an' fire up the computer. No internet. A few mile down the road is Odem Texas. They should have internet. What they did. For a few minutes. Then it's gone....poooof, just like that. You can tell I'm very very frustrated by now, think'n I ain't never gonna get back on the internet for months. All the while, I'm blam'n this dad gum brand spank'n new air card.

To make this story short.....the freak'n towers, or something like was down. Technical difficulties somewheres in the surround'n area. It was on TV...Rena tole me.

Pick up all them tools an' stuff yesterday. Sweep an' mop the floors. Bag up a bunch of trash for the dumpster. I was one busy feller. Although, most of the day was wasted fix'n something what aint broke.

This morn'n I jump out of bed, all excitis bout a beautiful day. A couple showers earlier. Damn my hip hurts. Hobble to the bathroom to do my morn'n chores. Hobble to the kitchen to put on a pot. Turn the computer on an'....WALLA, we got internet. An' that's the rest of the story.  

9 comments:

  1. Sure glad you got the internet back. Can't live without it can you? What ever did we do back in the days when there was no internet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the exact point I was try'n to get across. Internet has spoiled mankind.

      Delete
  2. it's like this, when thing ant going your way, just stop and take a deep breath and all will be fine. glad you figured it out with the help or Rena, and I'm reading your blog of the day. have a great day, love you...
    p.s. don't get worked up ITS NOT HEALTHY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Git'n worked up ain't got nuttin to do with health. Old age an' eat'n the new Twinkies do. Damn, I got 8 more of them things to eat.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy TV, I like the internet, and I like my cell phone. But I'm glad I can do without any of them or all of them for that matter. All those things are good in some ways, but they also lead to a lot of time wasted. I don't even want to think about where it's all going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Verizon is what I have, and that was down for 4 days, no phones. Then today I heard the dispatcher say their phones were out again. Think they have serious problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta have the internet!
    Glad you got it back workin again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Occam's razor is a principle of parsimony, economy, or succinctness used in logic and problem-solving. It states that among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected. In other words, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

    Since your computer and AirCard had been working just fine the SIMPLEST explanation would have been that the problem was NOT with your equipment. However, I know you are into fix'n stuff so if there is a problem your going to fix it until it is broke. As you son Robert says 'stop and take a deep breath'.

    ReplyDelete