?

?

Monday, June 25, 2012

Too serious

If this blog post offends anyone, so be it.
Boy howdy. The old Billy Bob goes away for a few days and it like he never existed. Reason for that....I done got myself and my blog writ'n too damn serious an' too much talk bout work. Not enough nonsense has passed my way, ain't got  hurt, no fall'n down kind'a stuff to write about. I don't like to get serious unless everything else fails......so I took me a break.

Was a sad day to come back and find a fellow blogger has passed away.....no matter who it was.

One thing most people shy away from, is talk'n bout death.....'specially the younger generation what ain't never gonna die. As each year passes, I know my day is com'n. Don't know when or where it gonna happen, but it's gonna. If' ya got yourself one them bucket list thingys, get 'er done before it's too late. Me....I don't have one no more. Done did everything I ever wanted to do as a young whippersnapper. All my dreams are fulfilled. That is unless 5 acres, a 16x36 shelter for "Sally da house", a big ol' tractor, a bass fish'n boat, a pond full of fishes, a little vegetable garden, a goat an' burro to mow the lawn....and someone to share what days remain. That's not a dream, but a goal. Can it happen?  Do I still have time?

Ok, back to blog'n with Billy Bob and Friends. If ya remember, I replaced the carpet in "Sally da house" with some beautiful walnut flooring. Every time I look at it, I get that "a job well done" kind of feel'n. But.....before anyone else makes the same mistake I did, I got to tell ya something. It was a mistake from the git go. Not a mistake to throws a nasty carpet in the dumpster, but a mistake in choice of material and color. Yeah I know...."I told you so".

So here's the deal. If'n ya own a RV and decide to install a wood surface floor, do a little research first. Yes I did research, but not enough. I knowed I wanted a dark color what I was gonna have to sweep and mop every single day for the rest of my life. But what I didn't consider was the durability of wood. Although I have a lifetime guarantee on the flooring.....this crap scratches....and everybody know that scratches shows up more on a dark floor than on a light color floor. Now I have a decision to make.....what I did the other day. Polyurethane the whole damn thing. Yes polyurethane is durable. But I done make another mistake. Bought me up a $45 a gallon floor poly what is gonna shine more than I want. Or I think it is. "Should'a bought yourself up a gallon of satin finish Billy Bob". What I didn't. So I'm stuck with a floor what needs sweeped and moped every day, has a tendency to scratch and is gonna be too freak'n shiny. I'm gonna love it.....maybe. Research first before you do what old Billy Bob did. Think Pergo.

Ok....got a leak to fix before we reinstall the slide out awning. Ain't much of a leak, but it's a leak.

2:30pm
Oh boy, did the old Billy Bob mess up or what? Ya see, it's like this. I open up that gallon of semi gloss polyurethane and start slap'n it on the floor....in the bedroom as a trial run. Trial run is over....too shiny......look just like water lay'n on the floor.
"Now what ya gonna do Billy Bob"??? Well I rekons I'm gonna spend me up another $45 for a gallon of satin finish and hope it's not too shiny too. This could get expensive ya know. I can see it now....old Billy Bob in the carpet department look'n at new carpet. But ya know I ain't gonna be do'n that....right??? Grrrrrrrrr......!!!!!!
The only other option is to polyurethane the bedroom only and be satisfied with the rest as is. Nobody visits the bedroom anyhows.


18 comments:

  1. It is nice to know you are still alive and ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, go to he beach and track in a lot of sand, get it all scratched up and it won't shine so much. Shucks, that floor you got now will shine so bright it will keep you awake when you try to take those naps. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh BB, all we need is just one little note thingy, saying you're taking a few off. DD knows how we fussed at him about that. It's cause we care u know.
    I like your goals,,sounds great to me. It's really hard to just fill in time, need those. Now,,,let's see,,,what are mine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you take the $45 gallon of polyurethane back? Hope you can.

    Thanks for passing on your RV tips but from reading you and a couple of other blogs of owners of RV's...I have come to the conclusion that it would be too costly to own one especially when I have no building or repair skills and to top it off a bad back :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no no MsB. I've said it before and I gonna say it again....RV's are cheap. This is the first major expenditure I've had in almost 8 years....what averages out to bout $2000 spent on repairs in that time. The expenses for the last month are mostly in the "toy" department.....get'n something I want....not need.
      All in all, RV ownership is much cheaper than a "stiks an' briks". And.....ya don't have any weeds to chop down.

      Delete
  5. I have taken your issues with the dark flooring to heart. I still want non-carpeting, and maybe even wood or bamboo. Just not dark. The idea is to minimize housework, not increase it.

    I admit I was worried, too. Not saying you owe me any warning or anything. Heck, we wouldn't know each other if we passed each other in WalMart. But, I enjoy your writings, and I keep getting the small feeling that I need to get back and start my RV'ing life before this crew goes off and does something else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pergo flooring in my mobile home, but when the sun is shining in a certain way I can see the dog hair, so I need to dust mop it, but it's better than getting trapped in carpet.

    I'd say keep that bucket list. None of us knows how much time we have left, and that list lets us dream the most wonderful dreams which keeps us going day to day. I still dream of meeting the perfect man to travel with and help me fix things, although I don't dream about it much any more. Hang in there BB, and don't worry about that floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gypsy.....when you speak I listen.
      Don't rekon I've ever really had me a bucket list. Just got me a hanker'n an' off I went. Still have a few places I would like to visit, but I'm probably gonna just sit on my ass when I get there. Travel'n alone takes a lot of joy out of travel.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Sadie Mae don't do windows or make sandwiches.

      Delete
    2. jajajajaja...Shadowmoss I almost spit out the water I was drinking when I read this :D

      p.s. for the record neither do I, hehehe!

      Delete
  8. butterbean carpenterJune 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM

    Howdy BB,
    You did a great job puttin' that floor in, now, quitcher bellyachin'!! It looks good and don't shine near as much as ol' Wayne's baldhead!!! How's the neighbor doing, nowadays?? Is the smoke from the Old Baldy fire gettin' up into y'alls country and chokin' ol' Wayne up?? Hope he's okay... Are you ever agonna go fishin', while you're in Gawguh?? They do have some fishin' waters there, ya know!! You and Barney can find more things to fix and waste fishin' time on than any 2 ol' codgers I know of!! Git'er done and come on back West!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today is the memorial for Ben Wood the likes this world will never see again, he lived his life with pride, love and affection, very good blog..Rest in Peace Ben Wood..His cats Tiny & Bassett need a new home, check on this website with his daughter Autumn to see if anyone can help them to have a forever home..the only decent thing to do..Take care, love your honest blog, get a big kick out of it, I knew you were only taking your time with your RV the floor, slide out, I read you daily when you post..take care..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I meant the website of Ben Wood, not my website, I love cats, hate to think they won't have Ben, but can have a forever home if a family or person wants them I am sure of that..take care, enjoy your life Billy Bob you deserve lots of joy and happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "If this blog post offends anyons, so be it"

    BB this is your blog the only person you have to worry about offending is yourself, the hell with all others. If they don't like what you post, they can always go read some where else. So far you have never posted anything that has even come close to offending me and most of the other of your loyal readers. KEEP UP THE GOOD WRITING !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3pl553llj

    Feel free to surf to my homepage fast loans

    ReplyDelete