?

?

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

South Texas in a day

El Rancho Abraham RV Resort & Goat Farm
Sinton, Texas

Holy Crap, what the hell is all that noise? I'm camped 1/2 mile from a major Texas hiway and all I heared is big trucks all night long. Trains go'n through town blow'n their horns. Dogs bark'n to all hours. Damn, this ain't nuttin like peace an' quiet.

Ok, I pull into the yard yesterday even'n an' here come that damn goat before I could unhook "that jeep" and park "Sally da house". He remembered me from bout 8 months ago and come up pok'n me with his head for a good scratch'n. Then he jump slap up the steps into "da house" to check out the brand spank'n new floor. Goats don't belong in a motorhome no matter how ya look at it.

And then, me and Sadie Mae, we was walk'n round the ranch, an' here come 4 freak'n burros out of nowheres to investigate the new arrivals. Sadie Mae ain't never see a burro before, so she take off lickity split for "da house". She don't want nuttin to do with no miniature mules.

Waked up this morn'n to "cold". This ain't right. I should be far enough south that cold should never reach this far. Although, 47 degs ain't really that cold. It could be worse ya know.

Don't know where to start on blog catch up. Bout all I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Del Rio and Lake Amistad. I had all the comforts of home ya might say. Didn't take long to get used to no internet. But now that I got it again, I'll probly spend way too much time sit'n here "surf'n" an' stuff. Got lots of things I need to research. Post some pics of all the bass fish I done catched up. Critter cam pics....stuff like that. Don't have much ex'cit'n stuff to write about, but that's been a way of life lately. So in the mean time I'll just talk some nonsense to keep the ball roll'n.  

9 comments:

  1. Glad you arrived safe and sound to Rancho Abraham :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing some bass pictures. Catching up on blog reading is going to be a difficult task, and glad to read yours again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading your blog even when it's just "some nonsense" you're talkin'. I'm a native Texan gal and your tales do remind me of my home state. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you can now get internet service, I missed you and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Billy Bob that ain't cold...up here in Illinoize it ain't considered cold till you hafta put anti-freeze in the water pipes. The rv does get sad lookin' with snow on top of it and I'm sure that'l be comin soon. I missed your blabberin too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That truck noise is from the Eagle Ford oil boom - sound of prosperity for some folks out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back to the blogosphere, Billy Bob! I really missed hearing your gravelly voice every day, and glad you're back in God's country!

    ReplyDelete